Zeke

Zeke awesomeness rib method no fruit

Why can't you cook meat different ways? Dry or wet, ie 9mm or 45acp, Blonde or Brunette, and AK or AR? We all are different and have different tastes. Why can't we all get along?

Just kidding. Wet, 9mm, Blonde, and AR are the only correct choices.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

A use a Crock-Pot for a lot of things.... But for ribs, I much prefer them smoked with a dry rub. 

I understand your trepidation, but you will be ok. And your belly will be happier with the “ Zeke awesomeness rib method “

now it even has a name.

3 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Why can't you cook meat different ways? Dry or wet, ie 9mm or 45acp, Blonde or Brunette, and AK or AR? We all are different and have different tastes. Why can't we all get along?

Just kidding. Wet, 9mm, Blonde, and AR are the only correct choices.

Ya! And stuff. It’s not like I’m trying to introduce tropical meatloaf to these uncultured swine! Miscreants!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Why can't you cook meat different ways?

Good Point... Shitty Fried Chicken joints have been boiling ribs for ages.

BTW iv had ribs made in a crock pot and pressure cooker... Sure they are cooked.... Sure they are tender (almost too tender) but they are missing one important factor.....   Fire

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

You do you, Zeke...make them ribs in a crock pot. Meanwhile, the rest of us will enjoy ribs the natural way...

Barity vs Civilized.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

You do you, Zeke...make them ribs in a crock pot. Meanwhile, the rest of us will enjoy ribs the natural way...

Man invented fire at it were good and stuff. Then he invented electricity and the crockpot and entered the age of awesomeness ribs

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

These are not boiled you Neanderthal! It’s a wet roasting 

Wet Roasting LOL   AKA Braising

5 minutes ago, PK90 said:

I think you have it backwards. Using electricity is not as ECO as fire.

Nope.. The smoke causes pollution.    Liberals consider Electricity clean regardless if its coal powered.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

It’s not liquid it’s bbq sauce! Ha!

Yes Liquid BBQ Sauce.

Plus... This does not look fun.

h132.thumb.jpg.07badc78090940a8d3b0ab854cfcab90.jpg

• Haha 5

BTW you think im lying..

Many barbecues use charcoal to grill food. But charcoal is actually made from wood, which can be a pretty wasteful process. Only 20 to 35 percent of the wood needed to make a chunk of charcoal actually ends up as charcoal, reports Rodale. The rest is converted to gas and emitted into the atmosphere. Plus, burning charcoal creates “black carbon,” a sticky soot that floats into the upper atmosphere and contributes to climate change. Closer to home, burning charcoal pollutes air locally because when it burns, it emits carbon monoxide and tiny, smoky particles that pollute the air. Some cities are considering banning charcoal and wood barbecues to help protect their air.

1 minute ago, remixer said:

BTW you think im lying..

Many barbecues use charcoal to grill food. But charcoal is actually made from wood, which can be a pretty wasteful process. Only 20 to 35 percent of the wood needed to make a chunk of charcoal actually ends up as charcoal, reports Rodale. The rest is converted to gas and emitted into the atmosphere. Plus, burning charcoal creates “black carbon,” a sticky soot that floats into the upper atmosphere and contributes to climate change. Closer to home, burning charcoal pollutes air locally because when it burns, it emits carbon monoxide and tiny, smoky particles that pollute the air. Some cities are considering banning charcoal and wood barbecues to help protect their air.

Distillation of wood.

I got bit by the Smokin' bug pretty hard. My Father was not a griller/smoker/BBQ'r so I didn't have that around me much growing up. When I got my own place I picked up a Weber gasser (still have it, 25 +/- yr later). My wife is a big Ribs fan and I didn't know enough way back when to make good ribs (the interwebs weren't what they are now back then). Her Father used to boil the ribs then toss them on the gas grill slathered in sauce. I tried that method a few times..... yuck. So when she was in the mood for ribs I always had to take her out.

Couple years ago we borrowed a friends RV, it came with a portable charcoal grill. I made burgers, even though I screwed up getting the briquettes lit they were awesome and I was sold on moving away from the gasser. Picked up a Weber kettle (still have) but wanted more. So I started to research other options. Ended up driving to Tennessee to pickup a lightly used MAK 2-Star pellet smoker. Some will say pellet smokers aren't real smokers like stick burners. I don't care. I've turned out Q on that thing that rivals anything I've ever had, even at smoke houses down South. The first time I made ribs on that after the first bite my wife said ok, you'll never have to take me out for ribs again. She still prefers wet (I sauce and crank the heat about 15min before pulling); my taste has moved to dry.

To each their own...

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Meat, dry rub, fire/smoke, and timing. That’s all you need to know to turn out amazing ribs.

Crockpot, meat, and sweet baby rays bbq sauce is all you need for The Most Amazing ribs

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Crockpot, meat, and sweet baby rays bbq sauce is all you need for The Most Amazing ribs

Methinks you've never had real BBQ.   The smoke works the magic.

If you boil wood chips soaked in Sweet Baby Ray's in your crockpot long enough, the less discerning palates would also declare them to be Most Amazing.  The true gourmand knows better.

Just now, 10X said:

Methinks you've never had real BBQ.   The smoke works the magic.

If you WET ROAST chips soaked in Sweet Baby Ray's in your crockpot long enough, the less discerning palates would also declare them to be Most Amazing.  The true gourmand knows better.

fixed it

12 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Even the damn Yankees here know true bbq better than you, Zeke!! You should be embarrassed. 

• Haha 1