Zeke

Zeke awesomeness rib method no fruit

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

Even the damn Yankees here know true bbq better than you, Zeke!! You should be embarrassed. 

I’m a culinary Pioneer! Like bbq Star Trek.

like the Wright Brothers of caloric euphoria 

Star Trek? Wright Bros?? Ha!! 

Meat boiler!!

2 minutes ago, remixer said:

I think the issue is how what its called.

Is it BBQ Ribs or Just Ribs.

Ribs boiled in BBQ sauce....it may have bbq in the name, but it ain’t real bbq. 

2 minutes ago, remixer said:

KZSBC.jpg.jpg.cf.jpg

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Star Trek? Wright Bros?? Ha!! 

Meat boiler!!

Ribs boiled in BBQ sauce....it may have bbq in the name, but it ain’t real bbq. 

It’s wet roasting ffs! Try and keep up!

4 minutes ago, remixer said:

From Zeke's description, I'd go with Formerly Ribs.

Just now, remixer said:

BTW crock pots are awesome... now they have pressure cooker crock pots.. they have a place in the kitchen

The same people that argue against the superiority of crock pot wet roast bbq will never embrace vacuum marinate. Nourishment Fudds!

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

The same people that argue against the superiority of crock pot wet roast ribs (fixed) will never embrace vacuum marinate. Nourishment Fudds!

vacuum marinate is fine... you are just taking the process of marinating and making it faster.

36 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@Bighungry618 will back me up!

Bro....I've avoided weighing in because enough people on this thread have shown you where you went wrong.
But here goes:  

1. Crock pots are for millenials and velveeta-beer-cheese soup makers.
2. Ribs are just pig parts unless properly smoked over flame with wood,  It aint BBQ any other way.
3. Sweet Baby Rays is the Shit - but if you put it on my ribs when you serve them to me i'll disown you.
4. I've made ribs under vacuum (sous vide) in an immersion circulator and finished on smoker.  Yeah...I Teslafied outdoor cooking...so what?

Edit:

5. "fall off the bone" ribs = you're doing it wrong.  Bite through and pull away from the bone, but only what you bite comes off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

I've made ribs under vacuum (sous vide) in an immersion circulator and finished on smoker.  Yeah...I Teslafied outdoor cooking...so what?

See I told ya he would back me up!

10 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

Bro....I've avoided weighing in because enough people on this thread have shown you where you went wrong.
But here goes:  

1. Crock pots are for millenials and velveeta-beer-cheese soup makers.
2. Ribs are just pig parts unless properly smoked over flame with wood,  It aint BBQ any other way.
3. Sweet Baby Rays is the Shit - but if you put it on my ribs when you serve them to me i'll disown you.
4. I've made ribs under vacuum (sous vide) in an immersion circulator and finished on smoker.  Yeah...I Teslafied outdoor cooking...so what?

Edit:

5. "fall off the bone" ribs = you're doing it wrong.  Bite through and pull away from the bone, but only what you bite comes off.

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT.

Ribs need a bite....

• Agree 1

BBQ for hours is a waste of time and energy. Stick them in a slow cooker and come back later. Done. So what if the taste is different. It's just food and not meant to be an orgasmic experience.

Barbecuing techniques include smoking, roasting or baking, braising and grilling. The technique for which it is named involves cooking using smoke at low temperatures and long cooking times (several hours). Baking uses an oven to convection cook with moderate temperatures for an average cooking time of about an hour. Braising combines direct, dry heat charbroiling on a ribbed surface with a broth-filled pot for moist heat. Grilling is done over direct, dry heat, usually over a hot fire for a few minutes.

Everybody is right.

17 minutes ago, PK90 said:

BBQ for hours is a waste of time and energy. Stick them in a slow cooker and come back later. Done. So what if the taste is different. It's just food and not meant to be an orgasmic experience.

Zeke is always right.