Malsua

Golf Carts

Hoa is love/hate. It prevents the guy next door from: rusting vehicles on blocks in the driveway, mowing the lawn only when it hits 12 inches, stringing cables between windows, painting every 30 years, overflowing garbage, furniture on the front lawn, commercial vehicles blocking the street, trailers with various smelly cargo, ....

7 minutes ago, Down South said:

I have had 4 golf carts all electric and use one every day at work all day. Get an Ezgo  48 volt and you will get a good 4/5 years battery life .

Thank you.

Exactly the kind of information I'm looking for.

1 hour ago, mjrfd99 said:

All the ones by our place in Fl are electric

FYI  A bit off topic but be careful in the Villages. 

My old DC moved there.  He's has what every woman wants there:  

A pension and a pulse.  

https://nypost.com/2009/01/25/retire-to-the-bedroom/

If you've never been there, it's really hard to explain how nice it is.  It's like stepping back into the 1950s.  Everything is clean.  Everything is nice.  Everyone is friendly.  No slums, no whump, whump, whump, whump sub woofers blasting the latest gansta rap and the only crime is when some old codger drunkenly runs his golf cart into the weeds.   My boss's son is a Florida Highway Patrolman and he gets over to the Villages once a month or so.  A few cart DUIs and he's done two fatalities from carts.  Other than that, it's just the occasional silver alert.

• Like 1

I have a club car.  Use it every day except in winter.  Just keep it charged when not in use.  Keep the battery terminals clean.  Check once a month for loose or deteriorating terminal ends.  Thats all the maintenance there is.  You should get a minimum of 5 years on the batteries.  

11 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Yeah, but I'm in my early 50s.  The turnover of everyone else is probably pretty high though ;)

Then just hold on. You’ll probably find a good deal down their. Driven by a little old lady on Sundays to rehab. Just read the obits.  

We run two gas carryalls at the marina, not too many issues most common is tires going flat keep spare around they are cheap. my cart went under in sandy and I was not able to get to it to save engine and electrical parts last winter I just refurbished the whole cart. I installed cheap Chinese replica of honda engine 18hp and have been using it this year. I really think an Electric cart would be best way to go for your application as you will not have to fuss around fueling it up. just have to stay on top of keeping it charged.

Here is a forum I read and posted my restoration.

my thread,  http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-club-car/146660-96-carry-all-2-restoration.html

• Like 1

Thanks Tony,

We have decided to go electric.  I also read your restoration thread.  Nice fix.  The dash was a great touch.

We will probably end up renting the place out at high season and having a cart pushes the rent higher. 

• Like 1