Nucrunner

KEL-TEC Gen2 SUB2000

I have a Primary Arms RDS with about a one inch riser.  It's quite comfortable to shoot with that.  As 124gr9mm notes, you really need to get into an uncomfortably low position to use the iron sights (plus, suffer from cheek smack), so I assume the same would be true with a lower RDS.  

On 10/30/2020 at 12:27 PM, JackDaWack said:

Now, the question really is... what height is comfortable to use... I've never shot one, so I'm not sure. Cowitness is nice to have an all, but not at any sacrifice to ergonomics 

Makes a lot of sense.  I know that purists like a co-witness in case the RDS stops working, but I have found it to be extremely uncomfortable on this gun, so I guess I'll just leave it as is.

Thanks for the input.  

11 hours ago, TurnpikeTed said:

Eh... I'm in agreement with an old poster here. No way am I picking up a KelTec SUB 2000 when the Ruger PC Carbine --particularly the takedown--is available. 

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure that's helpful to the people looking for in input on optic mounts in a "KEL-TEC Gen2 SUB2000" thread.

Maybe start a thread titled "IMO Ruger PC Carbine is superior to KelTec Sub 2000"???

12 hours ago, TurnpikeTed said:

Eh... I'm in agreement with an old poster here. No way am I picking up a KelTec SUB 2000 when the Ruger PC Carbine --particularly the takedown--is available. 

No reason not to have them both.  I have the old Ruger PCC (not takedown), and I love it!  It's one of my favorite guns to shoot, and I've run it hard through a number of training classes.  OTOH, my Sub 2000 is also fun to shoot, and I can carry it in a backpack folded, but deploy it quickly.  It's like a parent having two kids.  You can love them both for different reasons.  :)

2000 is awesome, no question about it and plenty of life in them to show reliability etc..  Wouldn't touch a new pc carbine, sold an older one that I regret letting go but a new one; hard pass

that said, buy a conversion for a glock or 320 and have the best of all worlds!  use a rds and bam, all set

Nothing could beat $370 I paid for Sub2000 right before corona, yes it is not as superb as mine CZ Scorpion or Beretta CX4, but I am getting into target same as accurate as both of them while using my Glock 17 mags. Tons of mods and improvements are available, you could make it better anyway you like. Yes, you could fold it in NJ! All you need is to pin this nut on barrel and 10 rounds mags.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:37 PM, RUTGERS95 said:

2000 is awesome, no question about it and plenty of life in them to show reliability etc..  Wouldn't touch a new pc carbine, sold an older one that I regret letting go but a new one; hard pass

that said, buy a conversion for a glock or 320 and have the best of all worlds!  use a rds and bam, all set

Parts are available for replacement and not that expensive, it is not meant to be gun for thousand of rounds to shot for this price.

I still like my MCARBOed SUB-2000... but I got it in the wrong caliber. .40 is nice, and was good when NJ had the 15 round limit (I went with M&Ps, since I have two).

We switched from .40 to 9mm Glocks at work... so I have my SUB-2000 up for sale. Replaced it with an AR 9mm, which takes Glock magazines. It is a nice setup, but just easier to go with AR/Glock magazines, and not hunt down another SUB-2000 to do all that work on again.