Ulfhednar15@

Talk me into/out of a Sig p225 a1

Hey guys, 

So I'm really wanting a Sig p225.   I kind of really, reeeaalllllllly want one.  They are really pretty pistols and the whole single stack 9mm thing scratches my strange gun itch, but I'm having a hard time justifying a small for a big gun/ big for a small gun/  weighs more than a 1911 lightweight commanderI/ 'm probably never going carry it pistol. Plus I already have a p229... and it's like  G note!

So, what do you guys think?  Anyone have one have one or shot one? Anything good or bad I should know?

Thanks all

• Agree 1

I really wanted one as well and for many of the same reasons you mentioned.  But, I found a great deal on a used (no longer in production) Sig P239.

My advice, go for it.   But unless it's a crappy Kel-Tec or Hi-Point or Charter Arms everyone is gonna say go for it.

20190322_144344.jpg

Ray Ray, funny you should bring up the 239.  I had one in 40 s&w but traded it away.   I bought it because I loved the way it felt in the hand, thought it was a good looking gun, and it was a Sig... I put 50 rounds through it and even though I liked the feel and looks, I hated the recoil, so I traded it.  A few years later I shots a friend's 239 in 9mm and really liked it.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, Ulfhednar15@ said:

Ray Ray, funny you should bring up the 239.  I had one in 40 s&w but traded it away.   I bought it because I loved the way it felt in the hand, thought it was a good looking gun, and it was a Sig... I put 50 rounds through it and even though I liked the feel and looks, I hated the recoil, so I traded it.  A few years later I shots a friend's 239 in 9mm and really liked it.

On the note of hating the recoil, I find the sig bore axis too high. I'm not a fan, and as such I sold out of my P226 and P320RX.

Too much moving mass above the hand. I picked up an M9 and I think it is a much sweeter shooter than the P226. YMMV