gunforhire

Here we go again! NJ is set to punish the Law Abiding citizens again! 6 bills are being heard this Thursday!

Here we go again! NJ is set to punish the Law Abiding citizens again! 6 bills are being heard this Thursday that have NOTHING to do with crime reduction! Light their phones up! https://www.anjrpc.org/page/ThursAssemblyCommtoAttackGunOwners

Most of the proposed legislation only impacts law-abiding citizens, who do not perpetrate crimes, and represent a threat to no one. 

Such legislation includes efforts to force “smart guns” onto the market, mandate “safe storage” of firearms, require FID card renewal, force firearms training, interfere with firearms inheritance, impose severe penalties and six-figure fines for poorly defined gun and ammunition “crimes,” expand gun and ammunition “crimes” without protecting honest citizens from wrongful prosecution under careless wording, and electronically record and report both ammunition and firearms sales.

This legislation can be viewed by clicking each of the following bill
numbers: 
A1016A3696A5452A5453A5454and A5455.

So one of the bills is on crimes... others...

1. Electronic records for ammo purchases.  Besides FID, requires you to present second form of ID like drivers license.

2. FID renewals every 4 years... (only applies to new FIDs).

3. Requiring a training class on safe gun handling/storage to get FID  (applies to new FID).

Could not find the smart guns bill yet. 

2 minutes ago, Maksim said:

They don't want to upset the Fudds in the 30 and over age group.  If Dear Leader Beaverpuss made the Fudds get new FPIDs that had to be renewed, THAT would get the Fudds off their apathetic asses.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

1. Electronic records for ammo purchases.  Besides FID, requires you to present second form of ID like drivers license.

2. FID renewals every 4 years... (only applies to new FIDs).for now.

3. Requiring a training class on safe gun handling/storage to get FID  (applies to new FID).for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

3. Requiring a training class on safe gun handling/storage to get FID  (applies to new FID).

The smart gun bill is one of the ones linked above.  For some reason they're calling them "personalized" guns:

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A1500/1016_I1.HTM

None of the bills will do anything to prevent, reduce, or otherwise impact crime.

6 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

The smart gun bill is one of the ones linked above.  For some reason they're calling them "personalized" guns:

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A1500/1016_I1.HTM

None of the bills will do anything to prevent, reduce, or otherwise impact crime.

makes it sound less evil

3 hours ago, Maksim said:

"The holder of a firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the bill’s effective date would be required to renew the card within four years of the bill’s enactment. "

The way I'm reading this is that a currently issued card would need to be renewed within 4 years after the law is passed. I seriously doubt NJ would grandfather existing card holders when they could try to get a vig out of them every 4 years

30 minutes ago, Laker701 said:

The way I'm reading this is that a currently issued card would need to be renewed within 4 years after the law is passed. I seriously doubt NJ would grandfather existing card holders when they could try to get a vig out of them every 4 years

Of course they would do that... everyone is included...

People have short memories... (15 round mag grandfathering)... oops... oh, wait..

But hey, how about those Ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Laker701 said:

"The holder of a firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the bill’s effective date would be required to renew the card within four years of the bill’s enactment. "

You may be right, I read it fairly quick but IIRC it was for new FIDs... or this was from a different bill?  If they overlap. 

40 minutes ago, Maksim said:

You may be right, I read it fairly quick but IIRC it was for new FIDs... or this was from a different bill?  If they overlap. 

From the current proposed bill A5452:

..." A person who obtained a firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the effective date of P.L.    , c.    (pending before the Legislature as this bill) shall renew the card by the first day of the forty ninth month following the effective date of P.L.    , c.    (pending before the Legislature as this bill). 

Also, that same bill adds new layers to inheriting a firearm from a relative:

..." Upon the death of the owner of a firearm, the administrator or executor of the estate who does not possess a valid firearms purchaser identification card or permit to purchase a handgun shall surrender custody of the firearm within 30 days to the chief law enforcement officer of the municipality in which the decedent resided o

An heir or legatee who possesses a valid permit to purchase a handgun or firearms purchaser identification card may take possession of the firearm directly from the administrator or executor of the estate or from the chief law enforcement officer or superintendent, as appropriate, if the heir or legatee files a signed certification in a form prescribed by the superintendent.  

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe if you deliver some of those awesome crock pot ribs to Trenton, maybe they'll back off on these ridiculous new laws. After all, we don't want these important threads about new restrictive laws get in the way of your culinary discussions on the forum. :fool: :no2:

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Maybe if you deliver some of those awesome crock pot ribs to Trenton, maybe they'll back off on these ridiculous new laws. After all, we don't want these important threads about new restrictive laws get in the way of your culinary discussions on the forum. :fool: :no2:

Maybe if you spend your time calling and writing and fundraising and less about what others are doing we would be better off.

55 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Maybe if you spend your time calling and writing and fundraising and less about what others are doing we would be better off.

You could write the equivalent of an R R Martin series to Trenton and it would go over like your Pig Soup recipe in Texas. 

For what it is worth, I just sent of an email to the members of the committee. All email address are in the link (or a link within the link) in the original post (and below). If anyone wishes, feel free to cut and paste my (slightly modified) content from the ANJRPC.

I do not wish to get into what if any good it will do.

Addresses:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

The content of my email:

Members of the NJ Assembly Judiciary Committee,

I am writing you to express my concerns regarding Assembly bills A1016, A3696, A5452, A5453, A5454, and A5455. I believe these bills will do more harm than they are intended to do good. As written I believe they harm law-abiding citizens (who do not perpetrate crimes and represent a threat to no one), or fail to protect honest citizens from wrongful prosecution under vague wording. I urge you to either vote NO on these bills, or to vote to amend them so they apply only to violent criminals and exclude law-abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

• Like 2

I wasn't so nice but I don't care anymore.  Like these people have nothing else to waste time on. I am growing tired of it.  I sent it to all of them.

A1016, A3696, A5452, A5453, A5454, and A5455 either affect only law-abiding citizens (who do not perpetrate crimes and represent a threat to no one), or fail to protect honest citizens from wrongful prosecution under careless wording. Either vote NO on these bills, or to vote to amend them so they apply only to violent criminals and exclude law-abiding citizens.  Stop wasting the states' time with creating these bills which will do nothing to stop crime.  We will never comply with these rediculous infringements on our rights.  Do something meaningful with your time instead of trying to alienate 1/2 the population.

Sincerely;
R S