Sniper

Still Think The Supreme Court is Going to Save You? Supreme Court won't take up gun silencer restrictions

I agree with Gorsuch. The wording that was found to be vague sounds like it was written by NJ state legislators.

Make the law say exactly what it means by including the words robbery, rape, assault and murder. Then it will pass constitutional muster.

1 hour ago, PeteF said:

Well now in the category of "Are you fucking kidding"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gorsuch-sides-with-liberals-in-shooting-down-tougher-sentences-for-gun-crimes

Its unconstitutional to increase penalties for using a gun in a crime,  but its perfectly alright to increase penalties for NOT commiting a crime.

It’s unconstitutional to prosecute using overly vague laws. I don’t see how that’s a bad thing.. 

3 hours ago, brucin said:

I agree with Gorsuch. The wording that was found to be vague sounds like it was written by NJ state legislators.

Make the law say exactly what it means by including the words robbery, rape, assault and murder. Then it will pass constitutional muster.

I agree with your agreement.  It sounds like he had issues with the vagueness of the proposed law.  Not with the concept of increasing penalties.

At least I hope so.