DaddyNick

Today is bourbon day....

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Hmmmmmm...maybe a nice Eagle Rare. Or Blantons (if I still have any in the stash). 

Just got me a bottle of Blanton's 2 weeks ago. Have had one glass out of it. Tonight will be the 2nd.  

Cheers. 

59 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

Hard to keep track of what is designated as what day............Today is also Flag Day and the US Army's Birthday.  244 years old!

Drink to all of it!  

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Well really, isn’t EVERY day Bourbon day?!

Yes! 

I almost feel bad, had no bourbon last night. Ended up being the driver for my boy and his friends.  They had their 8th grade dance. Once that ended they wanted to go to local diner. By the time they were done and got home it was late. Had been up since 430am. Walked in the door, cracked a can of cold beer. The wife sexually assaulted me. #metoo!  Passed out shortly thereafter.  

Guess I'll drink 2 Bourbons tonight.   Lol.

12 hours ago, brucin said:

Wild Turkey at the camp in the Adirondacks. Currently 52 degrees so skipping my usual single ice cube. 

@brucin:

Sounds nice.... Where in the Adirondacks are you?  
I assume that the approx. 2-week, carnivorous black fly period is now past... right?
Years ago we would go up to Saranac Lake, as well as Lake Placid, both in the summer for hiking and water sports and winter, for skiing on Whiteface mountain, staying at some of the former great camps that were converted to Inns.  For the past decade, we usually go up to our regular place, in either August or September, that is surrounded by the Dix Mountain Wilderness area in the Adirondack Park.   In recent years, I have been bringing along a bottle of my go-to bourbon, Blanton's single barrel to enjoy out on the porch.

AVB-AMG

4 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

@brucin:

Sounds nice.... Where in the Adirondacks are you?  
I assume that the approx. 2-week, carnivorous black fly period is now past... right?
Years ago we would go up to Saranac Lake, as well as Lake Placid, both in the summer for hiking and water sports and winter, for skiing on Whiteface mountain, staying at some of the former great camps that were converted to Inns.  For the past decade, we usually go up to our regular place, in either August or September, that is surrounded by the Dix Mountain Wilderness area in the Adirondack Park.   In recent years, I have been bringing along a bottle of my go-to bourbon, Blanton's single barrel to enjoy out on the porch.

AVB-AMG

We're in the Southern Tier. A small town called Caroga Lake. I'm familiar with all the regions you mentioned. Stayed in Placid a few times and in near by Jay. I have a friend who has a house in Schroon Lake that's a bit closer to Dix.

Yes the wee beasties have petered out but were unbearable over Memorial Day. They're the reason I put a screened porch on the house soon after we closed on it.