GramGun79

Anyone heard about this?

I need to double check my COE for my two ARs lower sitting at home. 

Also, PSA will absolutely make a killing on this. All they need to do it add a front grip to 12.5" their pistol packages that are always on sale

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

qsJVmwW.jpg

Local manufacturer has been working on one of these for a while. Looks like they have the OK to start manufacturing and selling these.

I believe it’s a little shorter than the Troy and Dark Storm offering and these will be built around Ballistic Advantage barrels. 

In NJ?

38 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Law Tactical folding stock adapters work with the SB braces dont they? Hmmmmm

OAL would be a huge concern in NJ. ATF measures in extended position. NJ measures when folded, and I believe that this is written somewhere.

1 minute ago, PK90 said:

OAL would be a huge concern in NJ. ATF measures in extended position. NJ measures when folded, and I believe that this is written somewhere.

Ahh ha. Thanks for that key piece of info. I did not know that

"The New Jersey State Police Firearms Unit finds that the submitted Troy Industries A4 "other firearm" as well as the Dark Storm Industries DS-15 Non-NFA Firearm Typhoon are legal for sale in the State of New Jersey and are NOT considered to be an "assault firearm." This opinion is based upon the two firearms reviewed, however if the design or dimensions change from those samples, it may change the classification of the firearm. "

Clarifying for @Ray Ray - THEY HAVE RIFLING!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, shooter28 said:

As long as you follow the rules laid out in the NJSP letter linked in the other thread. Cannot have a stock, must have a VFG, must be >26”

No sir you cannot build them they have to be purchased as a complete firearm. We have gotten clarification from NJSP.

If anyone wants a test drive. we can try to organize a get together at shooters in Little egg harbor and Reloaderz in Wayne.

Joe

5 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

No sir you cannot build them they have to be purchased as a complete firearm. We have gotten clarification from NJSP.

If anyone wants a test drive. we can try to organize a get together at shooters in Little egg harbor and Reloaderz in Wayne.

Joe

Shit really? That blows

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I call BS, why cant you build one from a legally purchased stripped receiver?

If I slap together the same exact parts outlined in the letter there is nothing stopping someone from building their own. The only thing the letter outlines is the legal configuration of the "firearm", and in addition to it names the 2 submitted "firearms" in question as legal... 

I see nothing in the letter outlining that it must be purchased complete. 

If the question was.... can i take a NJ legally purchased rifle and convert it... then the answer is no.... 

Exactly how was the questios proposed when they said you couldn't build one?

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I call BS, why cant you build one from a legally purchased stripped receiver?

If I slap together the same exact parts outlined in the letter there is nothing stopping someone from building their own. The only thing the letter outlines is the legal configuration of the "firearm", and in addition to it names the 2 submitted "firearms" in question as legal... 

I see nothing in the letter outlining that it must be purchased complete. 

That directive is from the state police. Please feel free to contact them.

NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit 

Division Headquarters

PO Box 7068

West Trenton, NJ 08628-0068

Phone- 609-882-2000 x2060

3 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Division Headquarters

PO Box 7068

Why wouldn’t they state that to the general public ? Are they attmepting to set people up to fail? Because if I wasn’t a member here and saw these in local FFL for sale, asked questions about how they’re legal. I’d assume I could build one thinking I’m g2g.

Just now, 0Jeep4 said:

Why wouldn’t they state that to the general public ? Are they attmepting to set people up to fail? Because if I wasn’t a member here and saw these in local FFL for sale, asked questions about how they’re legal I’d assume I could build one thinking I’m g2g. 

I dont know bro that was in the letter to us. I will see if i can get something official i can post for everyone. Ill see what i can find out.

11 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Division Headquarters

PO Box 7068

YOU said you received clarification from them?

I'm simply asking what the question proposed was and the specific response. 

I cannot find anything in NJ's firearms laws that even remotely comes close to it being illegal to assemble a "firearm" from a receiver.  Why would I ask them a question if the law clearly doesn't show a conflict in assembling one? 

If i can build a rifle from a receiver, why not a firearm?

Not trying to be confrontational, but getting a private message from the NJSP on this issue is a bit different than the provided letter which becomes a PSA.