fishnut

Stupid is as stupid does

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-arrested-outside-nj-elementary-school-with-loaded-gun-130-rounds-of-ammo-in-trunk/ar-AACTnEv 

A loaded handgun and hollow points, this guy is going to bubba's boy toy for a while. Westfield cops must have shit a brick, majority of them are big roided out  babys. 

2 hours ago, The_Matrix said:

he was looking to kill someone.

Sure sounds like it.. from the article:

...." Thomas J. Wilkie, 46, was found holding a .45-caliber handgun with hollow-point bullets while sitting in his car at Tamaques Elementary School in Westfield, New Jersey, on Thursday afternoon, according to a statement from the Union County Prosecutor’s Office released Friday. "

But then there's this in the article:

....." He also had two filled clips on him along with several dozen rounds of ammunition in his trunk. .... and more than 130 rounds of ammunition, authorities said Friday. "

Hmmmm... interesting...apparently the reporter has never gone to the range with one of us, if they think "two filled clips" and 130 rounds of ammo is a lot.

15 hours ago, Sniper said:

Sure sounds like it.. from the article:

...." Thomas J. Wilkie, 46, was found holding a .45-caliber handgun with hollow-point bullets while sitting in his car at Tamaques Elementary School in Westfield, New Jersey, on Thursday afternoon, according to a statement from the Union County Prosecutor’s Office released Friday. "

But then there's this in the article:

....." He also had two filled clips on him along with several dozen rounds of ammunition in his trunk. .... and more than 130 rounds of ammunition, authorities said Friday. "

Hmmmm... interesting...apparently the reporter has never gone to the range with one of us, if they think "two filled clips" and 130 rounds of ammo is a lot.

Unfortunately MOST people don't know how ammo is sold, so they hear 130 rounds and think it's a massive stash.  The guy probably hit a "by 2 get 1 half price" sale at Dick's and still had the bag in the trunk.

Definitely glad they got him before he did anything to hurt someone, but the media will run with this and splash Hollow Points, Clips, 130 Rounds, Loaded and ready to fire, in order to generate as many gasps as possible...

52 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

At least it was not an AR15 with the shoulder thing that goes up! 

Dude... those shoulder things scare the BEJEEZUS out of me!! :D

All joking aside though... what his brother did must have been incredibly difficult... despite it being an obviously correct moral choice. I give that guy a LOT of credit. Who knows what death and agony was avoided because of his decision to report?

• Agree 1

The irrational fear about hollow points mystifies me. 

They should market them as "safety rounds" - they hit something and then stop. It seems like the gun grabber prefer rounds that go through something - sheetrock, glass, bad guy - and them potentially hit something (or someone) else. 

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

The irrational fear about hollow points mystifies me. 

They should market them as "safety rounds" - they hit something and then stop. It seems like the gun grabber prefer rounds that go through something - sheetrock, glass, bad guy - and them potentially hit something (or someone) else. 

One of my former bosses thought that hollow pionts were designed to penetrate bullet proof vests. It took my entire lunch to convince him otherwise.