Zeke

14 press comparison

Most of them are going to do the job.

I am currently playing with a Lyman Victory press if you want to come check it out.  I like the fact that it has on press priming.

I also have for testing the Frankford Arsenal M-Press and I LOVE a lot of the features on it,  but it does not have a primer seating system which is a tad of a downside.  I am also not too sure on the universal shellholder system yet.  YES, there are tons of benefits as in you don't need to spend hundreds to get them for multiple calibers, BUT... it is the first thing to give way when you have a stuck case... don't ask how I know.  Currently waiting for a replacement. 

5 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Most of them are going to do the job.

I am currently playing with a Lyman Victory press if you want to come check it out.  I like the fact that it has on press priming.

I also have for testing the Frankford Arsenal M-Press and I LOVE a lot of the features on it,  but it does not have a primer seating system which is a tad of a downside.  I am also not too sure on the universal shellholder system yet.  YES, there are tons of benefits as in you don't need to spend hundreds to get them for multiple calibers, BUT... it is the first thing to give way when you have a stuck case... don't ask how I know.  Currently waiting for a replacement. 

Lol! Do tell.

the rock chucker also has the on press priming.

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Lol! Do tell.

the rock chucker also has the on press priming.

Nothing crazy.  Was resizing and thought I had the case lubed enough.  Got stuck in the die...  Tried to pull it out and the first thing to give way was the metal plate cover holding the universal shell holder.  The problem there is it is held in by 5 fairly short/small bolts.  They gave way and the piece of metal bent.

Will post pictures/videos later.  Waiting for replacement parts from Frankford Arsenal.

Of course, this would be completely avoidable if I did not try to force it out that way or lubed the case more. 

17 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Have you considered the lee classic turret? Can it handle 6.5 creedmore? PM me if that interests you. I have a set up I might get rid of.

This! @Zeke you can run it as a single stage or turret. I'm happy with mine 

• Thanks 1

The Co-Ax is my top choice. "Universal" shell holder and dies just insert into the slot. Once dies are set, they are set for life. Only downside is the priming system, but as RCBS bench-mounted primer takes care of that duty very quickly.

After that would be the Lee Challenger with the breech locks. Really nice to not have to do anything with the dies once locked down and the price will let you buy other stuff, maybe even the RCBS bench-mounted primer.

I had a RockChucker and hated it. It threw spent primers all over the place. With the use of Hornady bushings, it would be sort of OK, except for chucking spent primers all over..

• Informative 1

On 7/2/2019 at 5:59 AM, noylj said:

The Co-Ax is my top choice. "Universal" shell holder and dies just insert into the slot. Once dies are set, they are set for life. Only downside is the priming system, but as RCBS bench-mounted primer takes care of that duty very quickly.

After that would be the Lee Challenger with the breech locks. Really nice to not have to do anything with the dies once locked down and the price will let you buy other stuff, maybe even the RCBS bench-mounted primer.

I had a RockChucker and hated it. It threw spent primers all over the place. With the use of Hornady bushings, it would be sort of OK, except for chucking spent primers all over..

Good luck finding a coax. I’m thinking maybe I’ll be patient and find one. They are the bees knees 

20 hours ago, Zeke said:

Good luck finding a coax. I’m thinking maybe I’ll be patient and find one. They are the bees knees 

Frankford arsenal has started making a co-ax. They are readily available, althoguh I don't recall the Fostner ever being hard to come by. 

29 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Frankford arsenal has started making a co-ax. They are readily available, althoguh I don't recall the Fostner ever being hard to come by. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012990048/forster-co-ax-single-stage-press

https://www.opticsplanet.com/forster-co-ax-press-model-b3.html

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/reloading-presses/single-stage-presses/co-ax-reloading-press-prod38303.aspx

And I could add more to the list.no in stock nowhere, no bueno, nada, nilch nien.

from the manufacturer 

https://www.forsterproducts.com/product-category/case-sizing-lubricating/co-ax-reloading-press/

@Maksim already broke his frankfurter, it might have made him bleed his own blood also, not sure. Plus, China