jm1827

PNC Parking?

Going to a concert at the PNC Arts Center this weekend and noticed on the web site that the parking lots open 1 hour before the venue starts, I guess they don't want any tailgating?

I went ahead and purchased VIP parking, which looks like regular parking just a few years back.  Anyone go to any concerts there recently?  

I was a stagehand there so we parked behind building. It is a madhouse when leaving after venue. Get there as early as possible! Got to see every show from backstage, and the walk of shame!

When I went there I would park in the northern remote lot as close to the exit as I could.  Leave the lot and get right onto the Parkway north.  A bit of a walk to get to the concert from the lot but made it easy to get out.

1 hour ago, mustang69 said:

When I went there I would park in the northern remote lot as close to the exit as I could.  Leave the lot and get right onto the Parkway north.  A bit of a walk to get to the concert from the lot but made it easy to get out.

I second parking further away or remote. Depending which way he's headed after the show (maybe South based on where his location is under his screen name), parking further away has it's benefits. Yeah, you walk a little bit more, but you're quickly back on the Parkway.

If the OP is going South afterwards (like we do), I park in a lot on the other side of of the parkway, which is right at the Southbound entrance to the Parkway. We're able to tailgate there with no hassles, and it's a quick getaway in the end.