Displaced Texan

Best pizza you ever had?

I agree with Griz. In my area (Flemington/Raritan, etc.) we live in pizza heaven. If you can't find a pie around here you like then you aren't really looking. 

And I don't understand all the love for Chimney Rock Inn pizza. Is it good - yes. Is it great - no.  I've had it twice at their Flemington location and it was good - but I can name 5 other places within 10 miles that are as good or better.  

I am a Joe's fan in Flemington https://joespizza.biz/ , but Luna in three Bridges http://www.njlunapizza.com/ makes what they call "Traditional Neapolitan Pies". I love them, but they are a little different, so not everyone will be a fan. 

16 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Do the have a "No Waders" sign inside?

Nope. I went in several times while in my waders. Someone bought the place and cleaned up and changed the name and the pizza is not the same anymore. So sad. 

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Not so in my area.  There's at least a dozen pizza places within a few miles of my house.  I haven't eaten them all but those I have are at least pretty good.  Schiano's the best and one Domino's at the other end of the spectrum. I've actually got a pizza from Domino's once.  That's because I got a coupon for a free one.

At least you got your money's worth.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Nope. I went in several times while in my waders. Someone bought the place and cleaned up and changed the name and the pizza is not the same anymore. So sad. 

There's a no waders sign at the deli by the gorge.

3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

There's a no waders sign at the deli by the gorge.

Yeah, I know. I'm not a fan of that place. They want 15 bucks for prosciutto sub and it's not like it's really good prosciutto or anything like that. Only reason they are in business is the tewkesbury residents. 

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Ok. What’s in a mustard pie?

And must it lie flat in the crock pot, or can you ball it up and boil it?

• Haha 3

When I lived in Kendall Park, there was a place named 4 musketeers on Rt 27 that had awesome pies.  I think maybe its gone since the local demographics have changed quite a bit in the last decade.

I do spend a  fair amount of time in Delaware and you would be amazed how bad their pizza is.  And Papa Johns and Dominoes are considered a local treat.  Barf.  When they used to advertise about their new and improved pies, I wondered if it was actually worse than it is today.  I swear the frozen stuff in Walmart is actually better.

Have yet to step foot in DeLorenzos after  all these years, even though I could drive there in 5 minutes.  Not a big fan of the thin crust variety.  Always wondered why Chicago deep dish has never made it this far east.  Looks mighty good on the Food Network has a segment about it, but never have I seen any in Jersey.

4 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

I do spend a  fair amount of time in Delaware and you would be amazed how bad their pizza is. 

The best pizza in Delaware is Grotto Pizza at the Delaware shore - of course it had its origins in NE PA.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:55 PM, JT Custom Guns said:

L&B Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn

Talula's in Asbury Park

Luigi's in Pt. Pleasant

Vic's in Bradley Beach

Pete & Elda's in Neptune

L&B is my son’s fave.  He brought one home tonight.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, fishnut said:

Man this thread is really making me miss good pizza. If anyone wants a free place to stay in white mountian national forest all you gotta do is bring me a good pepperoni pizza! Lol

Tempting.