Jump to content

Recommended Posts

These will be in NJ Stores soon.

SBF_Black.jpg

Description

  • 100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey.
  • Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM.
  • Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position
  • CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green. 
  • MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer.
  • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension.
  • Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions.
  • Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector.
  • MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard.
  • Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
  • Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip.
  • SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control.
  • Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SJG said:

what is the suggested MSRP?

1295 bro

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Demo day!!!:rolleyes:

Zeke.... We are in the works of a demo day with This forum stand by... Also SHORE SHOT in Lakewood has a MM SBF for rental 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple questions:

1. What does SBF stand for?

2. Is your muzzle device a flash hider?

3. Is your muzzle device permanently attached?

4. Why do you measure the OAL in the closed position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PK90 said:

Couple questions:

1. What does SBF stand for?

2. Is your muzzle device a flash hider?

3. Is your muzzle device permanently attached?

4. Why do you measure the OAL in the closed position?

1 Short Barrel Firearm 

2 Yes an A2 Birdcage (although the first few went out the door with breaks) 

3 No it is not

4 Because that's what the state police said. 

Thank you for your questions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

1 Short Barrel Firearm 

2 Yes an A2 Birdcage (although the first few went out the door with breaks) 

3 No it is not

4 Because that's what the state police said. 

Thank you for your questions 

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding #4. Verbally or in writing?

Per the NJSP and ATF letters, the 26" is reached with the folding/collapsible brace/stock in the fully extended position.

Feel free to delete this post if you don't agree.

oal.JPG

oal2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regarding #4. Verbally or in writing?

Per the NJSP and ATF letters, the 26" is reached with the folding/collapsible brace/stock in the fully extended position.

Feel free to delete this post if you don't agree.

oal.JPG

oal2.JPG

 

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Modern Materiel said:

 

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

Good for you. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Screwball said:

Glad to hear that...

I’d want to suppress one in Maine.

What’s the twist rate of the barrel, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hell yeah only if we are invited to the property in Maine... 

Ballistic Advantage Govt Profile 1:7 twist black nitride 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Hell yeah only if we are invited to the property in Maine... 

Ballistic Advantage Govt Profile 1:7 twist black nitride 

It’s literally at the end of I-95... just before Canada. I might put a pile of dirt in the corner of the property. Not for regular shooting... but zeroing/testing. County range is about two miles away from work.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, Modern Materiel said:

These will be in NJ Stores soon.

SBF_Black.jpg

Description

  • 100% MADE IN AMERICA.  All MODMAT rifles are made from domestic parts and assembled in New Jersey.
  • Fully NJ and Federally compliant when purchased as a FIREARM.
  • Total OAL 26.1″ w/ SB Tactical SBA3 Brace in closed position
  • CERAKOTE FINISH: Blackened Cobalt, Slate Grey Burgundy Bronze, Patriot Brown or Sniper Green. 
  • MM Exit 5.56 V2 Muzzle Brake virtually eliminates muzzle climb while shooting.  Designed and manufactured in New Jersey. Has NATO grooves for installation of blast shield or silencer.
  • Ballistic Advantage 5.56 Government Profile, 11.5″ Carbine length AR15, Modern Series Barrel.  Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ corrosion resistant finish and M4 feed ramp extension.
  • Ballistic Advantage .750″ pinned Lo-Pro Gas Block with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Modern Materiel 10″ ultralight free float hand guard  – Full Picatinny top rail and M-LOK mounting in 3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions.
  • Domestic 8620 M16 Bolt Carrier Group and 9310 bolt with QPQ corrosion resistant finish.
  • Flattop Upper Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with ejection port cover and brass deflector.
  • MM Lower Receiver – 7075 T6 forged aluminum with magwell texture and integrated trigger guard.
  • Magpul MOE pistol grip with extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
  • Magpul MOE MVG M-LOK vertical fore grip.
  • SB Tactical™ Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB3) – provides all of the advantages of a handgun, but with a third point of contact — adding greater stability, accuracy and control.
  • Also includes: One 10/30-round Mission First Tactical (MFT) magazine. 

What does Blackenend Cobalt look like??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Screwball said:

It’s literally at the end of I-95... just before Canada. I might put a pile of dirt in the corner of the property. Not for regular shooting... but zeroing/testing. County range is about two miles away from work.

Thanks.

Yessss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

What does Blackenend Cobalt look like??

Hey Bud.... Please visit Www.modernmateriel.com and go to MODMAT Rifles choose any gun and you can scroll through all the colors... BLACKENED COBALT is like a really dark grey almost black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Modern Materiel said:

Hey Bud.... Please visit Www.modernmateriel.com and go to MODMAT Rifles choose any gun and you can scroll through all the colors... BLACKENED COBALT is like a really dark grey almost black

Doesn't work on the SBF model, but I see the colors on other rifles. Nice selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, Modern Materiel said:

 

This is verbatim what the State police wrote us in email format. We have requested a formal letter from NJSP. 

FROM NJSP:

FIrearm must have an overall length of more than 26 inches with the pistol brace collapsed.

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel?

When will the 9mm version be available?

Nothing against short tubes in 556 but I think these will be a home run in a pistol caliber as you gain nothing by going to 16" on 9mm.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel?

When will the 9mm version be available?

Nothing against short tubes in 556 but I think these will be a home run in a pistol caliber as you gain nothing by going to 16" on 9mm.

 

 

We are at 26.1"with an 11.5inch barrel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

If NJSP clarifies that you can measure with the brace extended how much shorter can you go on the barrel? ...

FYI, an AR Pistol with an SBA3 brace can have a 9.5" barrel to be 26".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PK90 said:

FYI, an AR Pistol with an SBA3 brace can have a 9.5" barrel to be 26".

Here is our SBF with an 11.5 inch barrel and the 26.1 comes right the crown of the barrel. gvGK25bh.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Modern Materiel said:

Here is our SBF with an 11.5 inch barrel and the 26.1 comes right the crown of the barrel. gvGK25bh.jpg

The above question by @samtechlan was if the NJSP followed Federal Law and measured the firearm with the brace fully extended, what would be the shortest barrel allowed. PM sent to @samtechlan as to not clutter this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify...

The NJSP letter includes a copy of the ATF determination letter on our DS-15 Typhoon firearm (non-NFA) which has the  ATF language of measured with the stock extended. 

NJSP measures with the stock collapsed

ATF measures with the stock extended

It does not make sense that they measure differently, but they do.

Hope this helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • olight.jpg

    Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Latest Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By My1stGlock
      Have some items that I either bought new and never used or used and ended up going with another option. All NEW items in the original boxes used items are like new condition unless indicated. What you see in the pics is what you are getting. I will list all the new items first then the used items. SOLD items will be marked as such. 
      I will meet in Marlboro, Howell, Manalapan, Matawan, Old Bridge and East Brunswick or ship your cost. If you are nearby PM me and maybe we can meet up. 
      Payments will be either via cash F2F or PayPal and Zelle if shipped. 
      NEW Magpul Angled Fore Grip in BLK $25
      NEW Magpul Angled Fore Grip in GREY $25
      NEW Magpul M-Lok Rail Cover Type 2 in BLK, THREE for sale SOLD
      NEW Magpul M-Lok Rail Cover Type 2 in GREY, THREE for sale $12/ea or $33 for all
      NEW BCM Gunfighter VLTOR Mod 4 Med Charging Handle SOLD
      NEW Fail Zero M16 Nickel Boron BCG $160
      NEW Bastion US Flag AR15 trigger guard BLK $16
      NEW Forward Controls Enhanced Mag Release Ambi Extended $70
      NEW BCM Gunfighter KMSM KeyMod QD Sling mount , TWO for sale $18/ ea
      USED Magpul ACS Mil Spec Stock in BLK previously pinned near friction lock $75 LIKE NEW comes with Magpul sticker too. 
      USED Magpul  MOE 1911 grip panels in FDE $15 LIKE NEW
      USED Magpul MOE handguard carbine length in BLK $20 LIKE NEW
      USED Mission First Tactical Battle Link Mil Spec stock in GRY previously pinned near spring mechanism $40 LIKE NEW
      USED Seekins Ambi Safety selector in FDE but looks more like gold to me $30 LIKE NEW
      USED La Rue Trigger Action Chassis $8 LIKE NEW
      USED Butler Creek scope cover rear #19 EYE $8 LIKE NEW 
      USED Butler Creek scope cover front #31 OBJ $8 LIKE NEW
      USED Yankee Hill Machine AR15 EZ Pull take down pins $10 HAS WEAR
      First to POST "I'll take it" followed by PM will get first dibs and sale. I may take some time to reply but will honor the order of the posts w/ PM.
       
        











       


       


       
       
    • By Dooly
      BCM BCG.  New in sealed factory wrap.
      $240 shipped.
      I accept PP (F&F), venmo, cash.  I am in Bergen County.
      First to reply "I'll take it" wins the sale.

    • By Lone Shark
      Daniel Defense - DDM4-V7 - Rattlecan Cerakote Finish, .556 Semi-Auto Rifle, M-LOK, 16" Barrel.

      Included with Rifle:
      3 - Daniel Defense 10 rd. Mags.
      Daniel Defense Muzzle Climb Mitigator, Gen II.
      Magpul front and rear flip sights
      BipodDeflector Brake Kit
      Tipton Max Force carbon fiber cleaning rod.
      Daniel Defense full-latch impact plastic case
      380 rounds ammo.
      Monmouth County Area - $2,960.

      All Brand New - Never Fired - New Jersey Compliant
       
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.





    • By Ahmrham
      WTS / WTT   Ready for battle in Monmouth county:
      1. Ballistic Advantage 16” barrel, Hanson profile, 1/7 twist (virgin barrel)
      2. Kaiser X-7 polymer lightweight receiver set 
      3. Stngr lightweight handguard
      4. Griffin Armament Compensator M4SD 5.56mm
      5. Rifle Length buffer tube and spring 
      6. Cobratech H-2 Heavy Buffer (five oz to increase dwell time) 
      7. High-end stainless steel Bolt carrier (can’t remember the manufacturer) 
      8. Extended bolt release lever
      9. CMC stainless steel FCG (Fire Control Group) / Trigger pull = 3.6 lbs
      10. Mid-length gas block and Melonite gas tube 
      11. 45° Offset Magpul BUIS (steel)
      12. Barska Scope LPVO (Low Power Variable Optic) 3-9x40 mm, OD green Cerakoted
      13. Steel cantilever ‘scope mount
      14. Raptor Ambi Charging Handle, cerakoted
      15. Angle-adjustable pistol grip 
      16. Anti-walk/rotation Fire Control Group pins
      17. Magpul MS1 Sling w/extra QD ring points
      18. Two Magpul OD green polymer 10-round magazines

      Willing to trade for a higher-end 1911 45 ACP or cash  
      other photos available on request
      1600 USD..... buyer covers shipping cost if we can't meet conveniently. 
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.
  • Posts

×
×
  • Create New...