33 minutes ago, Dark Storm said:

To clarify...

The NJSP letter includes a copy of the ATF determination letter on our DS-15 Typhoon firearm (non-NFA) which has the  ATF language of measured with the stock extended. 

NJSP measures with the stock collapsed

ATF measures with the stock extended

It does not make sense that they measure differently, but they do.

Hope this helps.

Thanks DSI...Awesome Firearm btw

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

@Modern Materiel What modifications are allowed... can i swap out muzzle brake for a Sure Fire and attach a Warden blast diffuser?? i believe it still over 26"

You can add the Griffin Ind blast shield to the MM Brake that is already on there.

I am a big fan of their brake. Shoots very flat and soft.

37 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

You can add the Griffin Ind blast shield to the MM Brake that is already on there.

I am a big fan of their brake. Shoots very flat and soft.

I think the MM version are shipping out with A2 Flash hiders. I was talking to someone over at MM on instagram a few days ago and i think only the initial batch is shipping with the MM Brake. 

1 hour ago, GramGun79 said:

I think the MM version are shipping out with A2 Flash hiders. I was talking to someone over at MM on instagram a few days ago and i think only the initial batch is shipping with the MM Brake. 

Yes we are shipping with A2 birdcages. For a couple reasons. It's an effective Muzzel device. No one in NJ ever was allowed to have them and now you can and they are cost effective so you can swap it out to whatever cool flash hider you like... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

12 hours ago, Modern Materiel said:

Yes we are shipping with A2 birdcages. For a couple reasons. It's an effective Muzzel device. No one in NJ ever was allowed to have them and now you can and they are cost effective so you can swap it out to whatever cool flash hider you like... 

What muzzle device will the 9mm  SBF have?

Phone was updating ..

so....

I had the opportunity to shoot the full Modern Material line up yesterday with the main focus on the SBF. While conditions weren’t the best, random thunderstorms, rain, 90*+ degrees with roughly 100% humidity, I was able to make quite a few shots on steel targets varying between 50-100 yards using a red dot. I am not a good shooter mind you and the humidity did cause my glasses to fog adding to the challenge. The SBF was extremely light, accurate, (as accurate as I could be), and surprisingly was not as loud as I thought for its short size. It was actually rather tame! If anyone has ever considered something small for home defense, this would probably be the best alternative hands down. 

I will be ordering one of these in the near future from MM. what an awesome little package!!

On 6/28/2019 at 7:41 PM, GramGun79 said:

@Modern Materiel What modifications are allowed... can i swap out muzzle brake for a Sure Fire and attach a Warden blast diffuser?? i believe it still over 26"

Surefire makes a direct-to-thread version of their Warden diffuser so there's no need to get a muzzle brake.  Not sure about any impact to performance going direct-to-thread but it'd save you a few bucks from having to get the brake as well.