nondisclosure

FireARm Build and Picture Thread

9 hours ago, Maksim said:

Ah.  So is the flash hider unpinned on the on the Non-nfa?

Correct. Not pinned. It came with the firearm. 

This firearm was 1300 with Cerakote (1000 without), 230 for the Holosun and 25 for the mount. 

I'll get a parts list together for my project build. I don't think I want to know how much I dropped on that one. 

14 hours ago, EngineerJet said:

PSA Stripped Lower
PSA 11.5" Lightweight w/ SBA3 Kit and pinned/welded A2
Magpul M-Lok VFG
Holosun HS403B.

0.jpg

For those who'd like a total cost break down (including shipping and taxes)

PSA Upper w/ LPK and SBA3 - 444.62
PSA Lower - 52.24
Pin/Weld - 53.30
Magpul vertical grip - 19.83
Transfer + NICS - 30.00 (I transfered two lowers at once so I got a break on the fee and only paid NICS once)

Total without optic - 599.99
Holosun - 139.68
Grand Total of $739.67

5 hours ago, EngineerJet said:

Without the a2, the OAL would have been 25 7/8. No bueno

Why not pin a good break or comp instead?  Makes a real difference with the guns and even playing with SBRs and "other firearms" in the same size... the brake/comp makes a HUGE difference in follow up shots and even recoil.

It's like building a nice car and putting on the cheapest tires. =P

Looks great though otherwise. =)

4 hours ago, Maksim said:

Why not pin a good break or comp instead?  Makes a real difference with the guns and even playing with SBRs and "other firearms" in the same size... the brake/comp makes a HUGE difference in follow up shots and even recoil.

It's like building a nice car and putting on the cheapest tires. =P

Looks great though otherwise. =)

Again, I'm looking for flash mitigation. I've shot A2s before and they werent that bad. So I'll shoot it with an A2 for now. If I want to swap it out in the future, then atleast the A2 was included in the kit and I just pay for labor. If in the long run I want something else, i'll look into it. But it has to be pinned to be legal to own for the given barrel length.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EngineerJet said:

Again, I'm looking for flash mitigation. I've shot A2s before and they werent that bad. So I'll shoot it with an A2 for now. If I want to swap it out in the future, then atleast the A2 was included in the kit and I just pay for labor. If in the long run I want something else, i'll look into it. But it has to be pinned to be legal to own for the given barrel length.

A2 is A2... and about $10... just figured would pin on something better. 

Yes, these do flow big flames... but unless you are shooting at night it is not a big deal during daytime.  (yes if you are shooting an indoor range, BUT if you are shooting an AR-15 at an indoor range at 25 yards then I have other issues with you. :facepalm: )

Just the whole concept of pinning a brake right now is really silly to me just to save an inch and a half.  

4 minutes ago, Maksim said:

A2 is A2... and about $10... just figured would pin on something better. 

Yes, these do flow big flames... but unless you are shooting at night it is not a big deal during daytime.  (yes if you are shooting an indoor range, BUT if you are shooting an AR-15 at an indoor range at 25 yards then I have other issues with you. :facepalm: )

Just the whole concept of pinning a brake right now is really silly to me just to save an inch and a half.  

I agree having to pin anything is stupid. But it is required given that without the muzzle device im under 26. And since given the nature of its size, it would be a more likely candidate for home defense over my regular AR. For flash mitigation, the A2 is great bang for the buck.

Since th is is a picture thread, heres another before people revolt.wuBbnOG.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EngineerJet said:

I agree having to pin anything is stupid. But it is required given that without the muzzle device im under 26. And since given the nature of its size, it would be a more likely candidate for home defense over my regular AR. For flash mitigation, the A2 is great bang for the buck.

Since th is is a picture thread, heres another before people revolt.wuBbnOG.jpg

Parts list for the 9mm and cost?

19 minutes ago, samtechlan said:

Parts list for the 9mm and cost?

9mm Buffer and Spacer - 29.06
Charging handle + BCG - 105.93
Spikes Tactical 9mm Lower - 149.62
BCM vertical grip - 25.46
Z9 Stinger PDW Upper - 182.95
Transfer Fee - 30.00
PSA lower parts kit + SBA3 - 159.93
Magpul MBUS - 62.36
Pin/weld - 53.30

Total Cost - $798.61

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FYI, 

You cant stick a pin in the adjustment part of the brace, making it "permanent".

Punch out the retaining roll pin for the spring, the small plastic spring seat will fallout, cut an appropriate sized pin to fit in there, re-assemble. epoxy over the roll pin.. done. 

I threw a Daniel Defense Improved Fashhider on mine, Pretty sure its just an elongated A2. But it's ridiculously good for flash. It was also free for helping assemble a friends AR-15.

https://danieldefense.com/daniel-defense-flash-suppressor-assembly.html

If i had to buy one, my go to these days is the BCM comps mod 1 and 0.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, EngineerJet said:

Z9 Stinger PDW 9mm Upper 10.5" with pinned and welded flash can for overall 27"
Spikes Tactical 9mm Lower
9MM Buffer with Spacer
United Defense Labs 9mm BCG
SBA3 Brace and LPK from PSA
BCM VFG
Magpul MBUS

After all said and done came out to little over $800

I want to build a 9mm “other firearm”. What lower parts kit did you use? Do you need a different kit for 9mm ?

its the same exact lower parts kit. I bought it as a kit with the SBA3 Brace from PSA. I highly recommend the Spikes Tactical lower.

Something to note specifically with the 9mm builds. you should get a 9mm buffer and spacer or you will run into broken bolt catch.

If you have any more questions feel free to message me

• Like 1

Troy A4 "Other Firearm".  Just changed a few things.  I used parts that I had saved for another build. 

Cerakote -  Tungsten and Black Graphite by Easton Firearms Refinishing

Seekins Precision DNA Charging handle. 

Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release and Ambi Safety

Magpul K2+ Grip

Holosun 503GU-GR Elite sight

IMG_1177.JPG

• Like 3

On 10/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, NEHackettstown said:

Troy A4 "Other Firearm".  Just changed a few things.  I used parts that I had saved for another build. 

Cerakote -  Tungsten and Black Graphite by Easton Firearms Refinishing

Seekins Precision DNA Charging handle. 

Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt Release and Ambi Safety

Magpul K2+ Grip

Holosun 503GU-GR Elite sight

IMG_1177.JPG

How do you like the green reticle? Been thinking about getting one for my build but I have never used one so Im hesitant

On 10/2/2019 at 8:21 PM, EngineerJet said:

its the same exact lower parts kit. I bought it as a kit with the SBA3 Brace from PSA. I highly recommend the Spikes Tactical lower.

Something to note specifically with the 9mm builds. you should get a 9mm buffer and spacer or you will run into broken bolt catch.

If you have any more questions feel free to message me

If I take a 10.5 inch barrel and a muzzle device to a ffl or gunsmith here in NJ to get pinned and welded, do you think they would do it or give me problems ? I’m good with building the lower but the upper I might want to get someone to assemble it for me, especially to pin and weld it and maybe cerakote it. 

35 minutes ago, TrentonShooter said:

If I take a 10.5 inch barrel and a muzzle device to a ffl or gunsmith here in NJ to get pinned and welded, do you think they would do it or give me problems ? I’m good with building the lower but the upper I might want to get someone to assemble it for me, especially to pin and weld it and maybe cerakote it. 

tier 1 defense in union will pin and weld it for ya. Aside from that, what else do you need help with assembling on the upper?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EngineerJet said:

tier 1 defense in union will pin and weld it for ya. Aside from that, what else do you need help with assembling on the upper?

Totally confused, can I assemble this myself? I thought the NJSP letter said it was a no go. Or is it just a proceed at your own risk thing?

If I have to go through a FFL, any recommendation for shops that will assemble an other with provided parts?

2 hours ago, Vicious said:

Totally confused, can I assemble this myself? I thought the NJSP letter said it was a no go. Or is it just a proceed at your own risk thing?

If I have to go through a FFL, any recommendation for shops that will assemble an other with provided parts?

If that’s an issue just buy one. 

21 hours ago, EngineerJet said:

Ok I will try them. I just want them to assemble the upper. The last one I assembled I had a bit of a hard time with it and ended up taking it to a gunsmith anyways