nondisclosure

FireARm Build and Picture Thread

31 minutes ago, TrentonShooter said:

Ok I will try them. I just want them to assemble the upper. The last one I assembled I had a bit of a hard time with it and ended up taking it to a gunsmith anyways

Cant go wrong with Mike. Hes assembled multiple uppers for me. Everything came out perfect

• Like 1

Ballistic Advantage 11.3" 5.56mm Hanson premium barrel w/ low profile gas block

Palmetto premium BCG.

A2 Birdcage

Palmetto State Armory Upper & Lower

Palmetto 9" keymod rail

Geissele lower parts kit

Hiperfire Hipertouch Reflex

Radian Weapons 45/90 selector switch

Magpul MOE pistol grip

BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 Vertical foregrip

Vltor A5 buffer tube & A5H2 buffer

JP Enterprises polished rifle length buffer spring

PWS ratchet lock castle nut & endplate set.

SB Tactical SBA3

Magpul back up iron sights (not pictured)

Aimpoint PRO

Cost: ??? Most parts were spares 

Such a waste having 10 rd mags 

20191102_124423.jpg

• Like 3

mk18 cloneish build. geiselle 10.3 urgi clone upper with pinned and welded surefire 4 prong. colt lower. colt BCG. Knights armament front sight in taupe with NSN number. Knights micro 300m rear sight. SBA4 brace. geiselle ssa trigger  barrel length 12-7/16 and OAL is 26-11/16

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Yeah, cloning and retro gets pricey   try finding those 3 prong brakes modified for ban states requiring brakes! 

this is an "other firearm build" so its not required to have a break. if you were looking for a 3 or 4 prong for a standard rifle i think we are outta luck. i havent seen any modified 3 or 4 prongs that are nj compliant. if any has please post a pic

Finished this up the other week but forgot to post pics. I was hoping to get out to the range over the weekend and zero it in but didnt get a chance. 

Build Specs

Lower

• Aero Precision Lower
  • SOLGW LPK
  • Larue flat-faced MBT
  • BCM Mod 3 grip
  • VLTOR A5 extension, A5H2 buffer, Green Springco spring- with this extension, I can get the same LOP as a traditional stock/extension which is awesome
  • SBA3 brace

Upper- Assembled by AndroCorpInd

• Andro Upper receiver
  • SLR 10.7" Ion Lite handguard
  • BA 11.5" barrel
  • AO Precision nitride BCG
  • SLR Ambi charging handle
  • Magpul VFG
  • A2 Flash Hider
  • Holosun 510c

49453440312_c520fb0768_h.jpg

49453205686_b9d27c3092_h.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:08 AM, EngineerJet said:

Without the a2, the OAL would have been 25 7/8. No bueno

I've been reading with this buffer tube it would make it over the 26" length with an 11.5" barrel. So no need to pin/weld muzzle device.  Anyone confirm?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vltor-re-10-a5sr-a5-receiver-extension.html

On 9/26/2019 at 7:28 PM, EngineerJet said:

PSA Stripped Lower
PSA 11.5" Lightweight w/ SBA3 Kit and pinned/welded A2
Magpul M-Lok VFG
Holosun HS403B.

0.jpg

17 minutes ago, InFamous said:

I've been reading with this buffer tube it would make it over the 26" length with an 11.5" barrel. So no need to pin/weld muzzle device.  Anyone confirm?

A standard carbine buffer tube and 11.5” barrel (unpinned), is just shy of 26”. The A5 tube should be fine unpinned.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, InFamous said:

Correct. With an A5 receiver extension, you can use a 11.5” barrel and not pin&weld the muzzle device. 

• Like 2

Okay another question which may have been covered but I can't seem to find it. The SBA4 brace comes with a receiver extension/tube...does this one make it over the 26" length without buying and using the A5 receiver extension?

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba4/

1 minute ago, InFamous said:

Okay another question which may have been covered but I can't seem to find it. The SBA4 brace comes with a receiver extension/tube...does this one make it over the 26" length without buying and using the A5 receiver extension?

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba4/

No. Its just a standard 6 position tube- the same one comes with the SBA3 and is the one almost everyone uses on their rifle stocks. 

• Like 1

Just now, shooter28 said:

No. Its just a standard 6 position tube- the same one comes with the SBA3 and is the one almost everyone uses on their rifle stocks. 

Thank you, was almost 100% that was the answer. I can find the SBA3 without the tube but can't seem to find where to buy the SBA4 without it. I just like the look of the SBA4 better but don't want to spend extra for a tube I don't need. 

1 minute ago, InFamous said:

Thank you, was almost 100% that was the answer. I can find the SBA3 without the tube but can't seem to find where to buy the SBA4 without it. I just like the look of the SBA4 better but don't want to spend extra for a tube I don't need. 

Yea brand new is gonna be tough to find one without the tube. If you look on the EE at AR15.com, Im sure you could find one tho. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SJG said:

Instead of beating your brains in over the final length, just buy an aero precision 12.5 upper----done

I may do that if it makes the overall build cheaper and at very similar lengths. I'm just beating my brain like you said to figure out what I wanna do lol

10 minutes ago, Blacksmythe said:

If you get a 10.5 and pin it with a surefire it becomes a 12. :icon_cool:

I want to do a build without pinning. Even though doing that way would make it an inch and a half or so shorter. 

3 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

definitely starting a build soon.  I may camo the upper and lower first but the a5 extension is a must for 10.5 barrels.  Why pin/weld when you don't have to????

The A5 extension will work for a 10.5" with no pin and weld?

Thought it was for 11.5"..

On 12/13/2019 at 10:37 AM, DirtyDigz said:

CEFAEB39-8C57-4FAD-AEF3-8E7B9FF86A3E.png

Guys, this is supposed to be a picture thread. 

This diagram been posted in 3 or 4 threads, multiple times now, where people are trying to nail down the nitty gritty of each build. 10.5” barrel will require a pin and weld unless you find an extended tube over 8.25”.