nondisclosure

FireARm Build and Picture Thread

40 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Guys, this is supposed to be a picture thread. 

This diagram been posted in 3 or 4 threads, multiple times now, where people are trying to nail down the nitty gritty of each build. 10.5” barrel will require a pin and weld unless you find an extended tube over 8.25”. 

Yeah, you'll get pictures when I'm done. I decided on 12.5" with SBA4 brace and tube. 

3 hours ago, SJG said:

Instead of beating your brains in over the final length, just buy an aero precision 12.5 upper----done

They're out of stock, any other suggestions of reliable 12.5" uppers?

Pictures... ok.

1qQEd23.jpg

Don’t need the vertical grip up here in Maine, but as mentioned, would be just under 26”. Like the 11.5” barrel, so if I wanted the vertical grip, I’d have to do the A5 tube (which I don’t, as the brace would stop before the reaching the castle nut; understand the OAL requirement... but feel that is a crappy way to make it up).

Can see my ghetto selector markings...

v0hG5Fh.jpg

Running a Fostech Echo II in it for a short term test. If I like it, might send the lower out to be engraved (need to have someone do my TAC-14 when I put in for an AOW). If not and go back to the nickel coated MilSpec trigger... pull them off and be done with it.

Anderson lower... got two on Black Friday. Adams Arms PZ upper, since I feel piston runs better with shorter barrels (may eventually suppress it, which is another plus for piston). SBA3 brace, MOE-K grip, KVP linear compensator, and a SIG ROMEO 5 on LaRue mount. MS4 sling, as well.

Keeping an older PMAG 20 (straight one) for storage in truck, and 30s for reloads. All with Ranger plates. Ammo split up between either M855 or Hornady Critical Defense 73 grain. The CD shoots great out of short barrels, and I keep M855 around in case I have to shoot through something.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, InFamous said:

AOL of both? I have most of the parts to do the bottom one. Thanks!

the 10.5 Pinned Measures 27 3/4 inches 

the 11.5 measures 26 5/8

your results may vary depending on manufacturer. 

• Like 1

Just wondering if you guys can check my plan.

I was thinking of getting this upper (10.5"), pinning a muzzle device, and installing a VFG

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-threaded-10pt5in-556-atlas-sone

This lower and adding an SBA3

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-carbine-complete-lower-a2-grip-fde

Then of course BCG, charging handle, sights, 10rd mag.  Is this GTG?  Does it seem like a good setup?  Any recommendations where to buy?

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, Blacksmythe said:

thats to short, even if you pin it. a mil-spec tube wont make it. In all seriousness there is a chart in all of these threads please read it. its one on page 3 of this thread...

My understanding of that chart is “you’re at 24.9” next box says pin and weld.  As long as the muzzle brake is 1.5” or so I should be ok, no?

21 minutes ago, Rick_F said:

My understanding of that chart is “you’re at 24.9” next box says pin and weld.  As long as the muzzle brake is 1.5” or so I should be ok, no?

if its a bird cage it could go either way. some barrels are not exactly 10.5. some are slightly more. Some are slightly less. to be safe. use an a5  or a surefire break and pin it. Your results may vary good luck.

• Like 1

PSA 11.5" upper w/ BCG and CH.

PSA Boating lower.

SB4 brace.

Vltor A5 tube and A5H2 buffer. 

Srinco Green spring.

Strike Industries LPK.

Magpul MOE MLOK VFG.

Only thing I forgot to get was a trigger guard, thankfully I had the one I replaced on my AR LMAO.

20200220_201630.jpg

20200220_201612.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Gang.... 

nice pics on posted builds... 

to tell ya'll the truth, I'm just catching onto this "non-nfa" , "Other firearm" trend that seems to have started last Summer..

but... just a clarification...

If I can build or purchase a 11.5 barreled upper... 

and mate it to an unmated lower with an A5 tube...

I'm GTG?  

(interested in NO Pin and weld, thus choice for 11.5 barrel,

HOwever if it is 10.5 barrel, then MUST pin & weld to create OAL 26".... )  CORRECT?  

Just wondering, what is the length of an A5 tube... 

ALSO, does the lower have to have "OTHER" on it?

is it safe to assume that IT MUST NOT be from a completed rifle build ... but an UNMATED lower that will need a brace... CORRECT?

Thanks in advance to all NON-NFA/ OTHER informative gods out there.... 

looking all too anxiously... to ya'll responses....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, emulzhn said:

Hey Gang.... 

nice pics on posted builds... 

to tell ya'll the truth, I'm just catching onto this "non-nfa" , "Other firearm" trend that seems to have started last Summer..

but... just a clarification...

If I can build or purchase a 11.5 barreled upper... 

and mate it to an unmated lower with an A5 tube...

I'm GTG?  

(interested in NO Pin and weld, thus choice for 11.5 barrel,

HOwever if it is 10.5 barrel, then MUST pin & weld to create OAL 26".... )  CORRECT?  

Just wondering, what is the length of an A5 tube... 

is it safe to assume that IT MUST NOT be from a completed rifle build ... but an UNMATED lower that will need a brace... CORRECT?

Thanks in advance to all NON-NFA/ OTHER informative gods out there.... 

looking all too anxiously... to ya'll responses....

Yes to all. 11.5" build will give you OAL of 26"+ from end of A5 buffer tube to end of threads on barrel so no need to pin/weld. I didn't actually measure the A5 tube before installation but I think it's about 1/2 inches longer than a standard tube. Good luck finding an A5H2 buffer, that was the hardest part of my build. I finally got lucky early one morning and found it on Sons Of Liberty and it was out of stock not too long later. Make that one of the first parts you start looking for during the part purchasing process. 

ALSO, does the lower have to have "OTHER" on it?

Concerning the lower, just make sure when you purchase or transfer the lower it's marked as "Other" on the 4473 form.

thank you,  Infamous for the immediate response...

Concerning the lower, just make sure when you purchase or transfer the lower it's marked as "Other" on the 4473 form.

reason I asked regarding the lower is that I have an existing lower that was never mated and just sat as queen in the safe.. 

purchased a while ago... and unsure of its existence..

if I do not have this form... then its a NO GO....?  

Ok, I admit I have not been keeping up with this topic and if my question has already been answered, sorry, I just don't feel like reading thru this entire thread.

So if I have an anderson lower laying around that I bought a long time ago and never built up. I can slap a 12.5 inch upper with a bird cage on it, put on a pistol brace and a VFG and I will be 100% legal?

Edit: and the dopes at R14 won't bother me about it?

3 hours ago, emulzhn said:

thank you,  Infamous for the immediate response...

reason I asked regarding the lower is that I have an existing lower that was never mated and just sat as queen in the safe.. 

purchased a while ago... and unsure of its existence..

if I do not have this form... then its a NO GO....?  

You don't get a copy of the 4473 so you'd have to remember if it was transferred as an "Other" which is should have been since that's what it is. 

40 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Ok, I admit I have not been keeping up with this topic and if my question has already been answered, sorry, I just don't feel like reading thru this entire thread.

So if I have an anderson lower laying around that I bought a long time ago and never built up. I can slap a 12.5 inch upper with a bird cage on it, put on a pistol brace and a VFG and I will be 100% legal?

Edit: and the dopes at R14 won't bother me about it?

As long as it was transferred as an "Other" which of course it should have been. 

I have no experience at R14 but it seems to becoming a pretty common firearm in the NJ gun community. 

46 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

You should though. Very few things come out good in a microwave. Lots of helpful information and advice. There is even a handy flow chart that would ha answered your questions. 

• Like 2