nondisclosure

FireARm Build and Picture Thread

6 hours ago, InFamous said:

Good luck finding an A5H2 buffer, that was the hardest part of my build.

would this be ok?

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-intermediate-receiver-extension-a5-buffer-tube/

thanks again for 411... 

... all very informative and helpful... 

now going to look at builds again.. and drool... and plan...

Edited by emulzhn
add

1 hour ago, emulzhn said:

would this be ok?

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-intermediate-receiver-extension-a5-buffer-tube/

thanks again for 411... 

... all very informative and helpful... 

now going to look at builds again.. and drool... and plan...

I only know of the Vltor A5 tube and their buffer system. 

23 hours ago, InFamous said:

@emulzhn you get any more info on this? I heard they have a set up similar to Vltor but IDK if it's exactly the same spec. 

no... but am deciding that I may just obtain what works.. instead of purchasing but only to return... 

saw a couple so far at Ar15.com

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-Vltor-5-Position-Buffer-Tube-not-A5-and-2-end-Plates/119-1960123/

and this one.. but sold...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Vltor-a5-pistol-tube-sbm4/119-1959063/

but also a new one ..

https://botach.com/sb-tactical-sba4-pistol-stabilizing-braces/

listed at $90 once registered...

8 hours ago, InFamous said:

@emulzhn Getting the A5 buffer tube is easy. Getting the A5H2 buffer itself is the harder part. Look for that first. Spring will also be easy. 

you mean this or this although 2nd is not VLTOR... or even this 

this even specifies weight... OH BTW, what is the recommended weight for this build? 

but been reading and .... I'm not so convinced that an VLTOR system is necessary...

outside NJgunforums sources...  some say that it does improve cycling as some describe it as a softer and tamed ... more reliable and pleasant...

then again, most are running FA and duty ... which I'm far from ... as I'm just plain Joe Schmoe with a desire ...and live behind the lines ... without FA access.  

Unless tube diameter is not physically possible to fit into tube itself... not likely.. 

gonna try  what I have at my disposal.... and if cycling is a problem.. then purchase..

My priority is LEGALITY... OAL length criteria.. without pinning... 

Context aside... sorry all, don't mean to hijack as I do know this is a PIcture thread Post... but will post my findings and results... 

nonetheless...   informative discussion is appreciated...  

On 1/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, Screwball said:

n Black Friday. Adams Arms PZ upper, since I feel piston runs better with shorter barrels (may eventually suppress it, which is another plus for piston). SBA3 brace, MOE-K grip, KVP linear compensator, and a SIG ROMEO 5 on LaRue mount. MS4 sling, as well.

Just wondering what you think of the KVP comp.  Thanks.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:20 AM, emulzhn said:

you mean this or this although 2nd is not VLTOR... or even this 

this even specifies weight... OH BTW, what is the recommended weight for this build? 

but been reading and .... I'm not so convinced that an VLTOR system is necessary...

outside NJgunforums sources...  some say that it does improve cycling as some describe it as a softer and tamed ... more reliable and pleasant...

then again, most are running FA and duty ... which I'm far from ... as I'm just plain Joe Schmoe with a desire ...and live behind the lines ... without FA access.  

Unless tube diameter is not physically possible to fit into tube itself... not likely.. 

gonna try  what I have at my disposal.... and if cycling is a problem.. then purchase..

My priority is LEGALITY... OAL length criteria.. without pinning... 

Context aside... sorry all, don't mean to hijack as I do know this is a PIcture thread Post... but will post my findings and results... 

nonetheless...   informative discussion is appreciated...  

I have the BCM Intermediate Receiver Extension A5  kit with spring and buffer on my 14.5  BCM build. I have staked the castle nut so not taking it off but did put a tape measure to it from as close to the lower receiver as I could . so the installed measurements are what you are getting give or take 1/16 or so. H ope this helps

image2 (1).jpeg

image3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tallday said:

tried to find information on bayonet lugs and others. I know we can have "flash" hiders but not sure about the evil Bayonet lugs. Any information would be helpful

Because it is a “firearm” it is not subject to any of the restrictions that a rifle is.

You must, however, ensure that your “firearm” meets the criteria of a firearm in order to be exempt. I.e. OAL minimum 26”, VFG, no stock.

I’m sure someone will chime in if any of this is incorrect, but that is the way I understand it. IANAL

If it was not transferred as an other to begin with or it started with a receiver that was transferred as an other and built from there to meet the other specs-No. A non-other cannot become an other.

Have a FFL take the SP5 and put a stock on it to make it a rifle. Then pin a fake suppressor to the barrel to get 16". 

Or there are MP5 clone builders out there that could build you a clone as "other" or an AOW

On 4/5/2020 at 8:05 AM, SJG said:

If it was not transferred as an other to begin with or it started with a receiver that was transferred as an other and built from there to meet the other specs-No. A non-other cannot become an other.

You can take something otherwise classified a pistol and turn it into an other, You would need an 07FFL to "remanufacture" the firearm so it is no longer a pistol tho, thats just for NJ.

People take pistols and slap vfg on them all the time if they are over 26OAL, in Merica.

On 4/5/2020 at 7:18 AM, Jdoug075 said:

anyone know or can ask a dealer friend if they can bring in a hk sp5 with a pinned SBT5A brace and a forend that will accept and come with a vertical foregrip to make it an "other firearm" ???

4 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

You can take something otherwise classified a pistol and turn it into an other, You would need an 07FFL to "remanufacture" the firearm so it is no longer a pistol tho, thats just for NJ.

People take pistols and slap vfg on them all the time if they are over 26OAL, in Merica.

anyone an 07 ffl? cuz i got some ideas!

Haven't been on here in a while so wasn't really aware of the whole SBF thing. Saw Howell Gun Works post the Mod Mat SBF on Facebook and said oooo that's cool and pulled the trigger.

Taking to the range tomorrow to sight in as I just got it kitted out the way I want it. Ended up swapping out a ton of parts and now that I've read through the thread I think I will start another sbf build, either a KAC or HK 416 clone.  

Swapped sba3 for sba4, stock trigger for G SSA-E, ch for a raptor, fh for a surefire fh that accepts a warden.

Slapped on a eotech exps3-0, dbal a2, sf m600df, rail scales, qd sling mount, src3, and a ms4 sling (getting swapped for a slingster or vtac). 

She got a little heavy kitted out at 8.6lb loaded but it balances pretty well due to the short barrel. 

Will see how it shoots tomorrow. 

IMG_20200527_191027.jpg

IMG_20200527_191038.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blake said:

Haven't been on here in a while so wasn't really aware of the whole SBF thing. Saw Howell Gun Works post the Mod Mat SBF on Facebook and said oooo that's cool and pulled the trigger.

Taking to the range tomorrow to sight in as I just got it kitted out the way I want it. Ended up swapping out a ton of parts and now that I've read through the thread I think I will start another sbf build, either a KAC or HK 416 clone.  

Swapped sba3 for sba4, stock trigger for G SSA-E, ch for a raptor, fh for a surefire fh that accepts a warden.

Slapped on a eotech exps3-0, dbal a2, sf m600df, rail scales, qd sling mount, src3, and a ms4 sling (getting swapped for a slingster or vtac). 

She got a little heavy kitted out at 8.6lb loaded but it balances pretty well due to the short barrel. 

Will see how it shoots tomorrow. 

IMG_20200527_191027.jpg

IMG_20200527_191038.jpg

Damn that’s heavy.  My build with a 10.5” pinned barrel and Trijicon Credo 1-6 is under 6 lbs. 

On 4/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, shooter28 said:

Have a FFL take the SP5 and put a stock on it to make it a rifle. Then pin a fake suppressor to the barrel to get 16". 

Or there are MP5 clone builders out there that could build you a clone as "other" or an AOW

Any FFL recommendation in NJ that would do something like this?  I think that would be a far easier option than trying to get a MP5 "other" with what is currently available.

Also came across the TMP receivers from Tommy Built which could potentially be used to make an "Other".  Been toying around that idea as well.  I've seen from Instagram comments he is willing to work with people to put them in other firearm configurations, but I guess it comes down to finding a FFL willing to transfer.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, shooter28 said:

You need an 07 FFL to reclassify the firearm. If I'm spending that kind of money, I'd have it reclassified to an AOW with a brace and a VFG. If anyone knows an 07 FFL (or even better 10 FFL) willing to do a conversion please PM me. Asking for a friend :whistle:

SOT Other Firearm

A few upgrades added:

Streamlight ProTac HL-X

Cloud Defense LCS switch mount

PWS CQB 556 Compensator 

Holosun Elite 510C (green reticle)

20200727_035851.jpg

RJK Mag couplers for our 10 rounders. 

coupler_480x480.jpg

• Like 1