david8613

All metal hand gun recommendations?

On 6/20/2019 at 5:11 PM, david8613 said:

Hello all, looking for all metal recommendations, but in automatics. I will leave the wheel guns and 1911s alone until a later time maybe. I have had sigs in the past, and although they are very nice, I want to try something different. I was looking at cz and magnum research. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I just picked this up yesterday.  Magnum Research. Different. All metal.

20190620_202604.jpg

On 6/20/2019 at 8:01 PM, SgtToadette said:

Glocks are great at what they do, but don't discount Walther. The PPQ is newer, but I find the ergonomics way better. I have about 12K rounds through my PPQ M1 and have nothing but praise for it.

M1 is the better version. Has the paddle release. I’ll never sell mine.

Unlike most here, the number of handguns I have can be counted on two hands with a few fingers left over. However, the Beretta 96A1 (actually an alloy frame like most of the 92/96 variants) and the all steel  CZ 75 Compact are my favorites. Not crazy about the 96's slide mounted safety or the CZ decocker, but I'll never part with them. Don't think you could go wrong with either make.

Back to program, lol. I went to gun for hire range today in woodland park. Wonderful place, super clean, very nice staff, very spacious. Anyway I stopped into the gun store in there and it was also very nice place, nice staff, very nicely stocked too, they had almost everything. I held in hand cz 75, and a beretta I forget which variant, both where very nice. I have to admit the beretta slide was so slick racking that slide, I really liked it, if I had a permit in hand I might have purchased on the spot!  it reminded me alot of a 1911 i played with once, super tight but slick if makes sense. The Cz was no slouch either, also slick, trigger was so was anazing. I tried ask about a desert eagle but they did not have one to grab on to. So the search continues, gonna check bullet hole in belleville for a baby desert eagle. I have to admit that beretta felt really good in hand, it left an impression on me.

1 hour ago, Regular Guy said:

20190620_202604.jpg

That's a beast!!! Very nice!!!

10 minutes ago, fishnut said:

So which 1911 are you getting? 

Lol, you guys are killing me with 1911!!! Not for nothing but Ottomanelli's gun shop located inside gun for hire had a beautiful counter filled with incredibly beautiful 1911s! I mean in the thousands of dollars beautiful! I didnt want to even touch one. I'm trying to stay away from 1911 due to cost, nice ones are stupid expensive. If I'm gonna do 1911 i have to do it right, and get a nice one, no budget 1911 for me unless there is something that punches way above what it costs.

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, david8613 said:

That looks expensive!!! But very nice!  What about magnum research baby desert eagle in 9mm, the only thing I see bad on that is the safety/decocker is on the slide. I had a beretta storm like that years ago and it was not fun racking slide, kind of sharp edges in that.

I have had reliability issues with the baby eagles... and it depends on which generation.  Just get a CZ or a Beretta 92FS... though I really don't like slide mounted safeties... frame is better, at least in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

meh, stay away from the 1911.  Don't get me wrong, I do like them but there are better handguns out there.

After you get your all metal one, look at the p320. 

The travesty... 1911 is God's gift to the gun world.   Best triggers possible are on 1911s.  Second best, a nicely tuned CZ 75 variant. 

4 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

10z6N81.jpg

Thanks for the reminder...  I have the can waiting in ATF jail waiting for the tax stamp to clear and I have the spacer and adapter downstairs... Ugh, only 5 more months to go?  Hoping to have before December. lol.

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

The travesty... 1911 is God's gift to the gun world.   Best triggers possible are on 1911s.  Second best, a nicely tuned CZ 75 variant. 

I would say the best trigger is on the p320, it's literally the one thing every gun rag agrees on:)

I like 1911, fantastic handgun but.............too many variations, differences in quality, cumbersome disassembly, grossly overpriced for the large part.  I do like them, great shooters, comfortable, accurate to the shooters wrist but......   :):)

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

I would say the best trigger is on the p320, it's literally the one thing every gun rag agrees on:)

I like 1911, fantastic handgun but.............

I would say you don't know what a good trigger is. =)

The few P320s I shot... eh.

Yes, it is short reset and fairly light... but also very mushy and felt very plasticky.

The Sig P365 had a much better trigger than the P320s.  And in the striker fired pistols... I would say off of the top of my head, the Walther PPQ and clones and a few of the worked Glock triggers are nicer than P320.

You can come play with some if you want.

In the sig lineup... a nicely tuned P226 SRT trigger is really really nice.

Sig P320 has its pros, and there are quite a few of them, but for me, the trigger is not one of them... besides, it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. =P

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

Then it's mega cool and I want one!  Please do describe, in detail please, how cool it was! No ears needed?

That was with 115gr so you still hear the supersonic "Pshewwwwwwww"... but the ringing of the steel was louder.

We keep missing out on recording it with 147gr subsonic 9mm...  But it's just like it's spitting - it's insanely quiet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Then it's mega cool and I want one!  Please do describe, in detail please, how cool it was! No ears needed?

hehe, with Nick's subsonic ammo... stoooopid quiet.

Cool... Yes...

As cool as....

Maybe?

• Like 1

Just now, Maksim said:

I would say you don't know what a good trigger is. =)

The few P320s I shot... eh.

Yes, it is short reset and fairly light... but also very mushy and felt very plasticky.

The Sig P365 had a much better trigger than the P320s.  And in the striker fired pistols... I would say off of the top of my head, the Walther PPQ and clones and a few of the worked Glock triggers are nicer than P320.

You can come play with some if you want.

In the sig lineup... a nicely tuned P226 SRT trigger is really really nice.

Sig P320 has its pros, and there are quite a few of them, but for me, the trigger is not one of them... besides, it goes off if you look at it the wrong way. =P

I learned late that the 1911 trigger is the smoothest ever!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

That was with 115gr so you still hear the supersonic "Pshewwwwwwww"... but the ringing of the steel was louder.

We keep missing out on recording it with 147gr subsonic 9mm...  But it's just like it's spitting - it's insanely quiet.

I was just looking for videos of this...

With 147 grain subsonic, and the can... it should be around 118 db.  VERY quiet for a 9mm can.  An AR-15 bolt cycling is around that level.  

"Hearing Safe" is 140 db. 

Ottomanelli's is a complete rip off on price. I have never purchased anything from them and never will. All firearms they sell can be had for substantially lower prices elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

20190620_202604.jpg

I have a burnt bronze DE 50 that I recently Cerakoted. I added adjustable fiber optics sights because I struggled with the plain black blades and had it magnaported.  The latter is the best 110 bucks you’ll spend on it.  It’s more effective than the $350 brake (barrel assembly) from MRI.  

https://magnaport.com/hgun.html

I know the photo is upside down. I took from the cerakoter’s instagram.  

20180514-223636554-i-OS.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SJG said:

Ottomanelli's is a complete rip off on price. I have never purchased anything from them and never will. All firearms they sell can be had for substantially lower prices elsewhere.

I didn't want to say it but yeah, the prices on firearms were through the roof!!!! There was a guy in there that was buying an fn p90, I cant imagine how much he paid for that!