david8613

All metal hand gun recommendations?

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

If you have no objections on buying used, may I suggest the old line of S&W semi-autos, such as the Model 39 series or the Model 59 series. 

Better yet, the S&W 10xx series (from the early 90s) if you can find one AND afford the 9 round mags (no longer in production)

• Agree 1

On 6/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, SgtToadette said:

I wouldn't have such a hard line with the plastic guns. They have a lot to offer from a "shootability" perspective. They're also stupid reliable.

From the beginning I have been 100% about glock the only gun I would shoot. Picked up a beretta in June and I'm not sure if it's the weight or the fact its hammer fired but my shooting has improved significantly. i dont think I can go back to my glock. Next step maybe a 226.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefebvrenj said:

From the beginning I have been 100% about glock the only gun I would shoot. Picked up a beretta in June and I'm not sure if it's the weight or the fact its hammer fired but my shooting has improved significantly. i dont think I can go back to my glock. Next step maybe a 226.

If you are not rushing and going for groups, a crisp triggered gun is always going to be better.  

Hammer fired guns in single action will generally break far more cleanly than a double action striker fired gun, even with trigger work.  Try a nicely tuned 1911 or a CZ 75 variant and you won't go back.

Essentially it comes down to a far cleaner wall and break of the trigger.  Less opportunity to jerk the trigger especially as you combine it with a lighter single action trigger pull.

Don't get me wrong, striker fired double action guns do have a lot of perks, but the trigger pull is not one of them.

• Agree 1

Was looking for an all metal one as well.
Wanted something to last and ideally pass to my kids.
Also something that shoots well.
Was thinking about 1911. But the good ones seem to be priced over a grand.
Sigs, P226, P228 and P229 look good. But they were hard to come by during current pandemic, and also seem to be a bit heavy at 32 oz weight point.
Had similar troubles with Beretta 92X and Centurion.
Finally, just by pure luck, found my favorite CZ 75D PCR online, and snatched it same minute.
Apparently CZs are still somewhat "non-mainstream" guns. Which is great for me.
Had my NICS completed just yesterday.

IMG_0951.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

CZ, for when boys become men:D

Yeah. 
Really like stainless steal(slide) and aluminum alloy(frame) combination. Saves weight. Feels great. :D 

I chose 75 in part, because it’s the closest thing to a well built 1911 without going over a grand.

If I could have found it locally, with 10 round mags. It’d be less than $600.
But even with out of state order, FFL transfer and mag rebuilds (hi Murphy, hope you have nightmares) It came down to less than $700.

Still not too bad. Considering Glocks are now retailing at around same $700 as well.

• Like 1

All metal goodness:  Verdict for overall value, CZ 75 in whatever flavor suits...

On 8/22/2020 at 7:09 AM, Pizza Bob said:

Revolvers-2.jpg

Not a revolver person.
High muzzle flip turns me off.
Higher powered cartridges and barrel-wrist-arm alignment make revolvers somewhat less comfortable to me to shoot.
However, (call me a gun pervert :D), lately I've been eyeing item below:
chiappa-rhino-barrel.jpg?cid=1g4.4l9

Lower bore axis makes this thing really appealing to shoot.
Checked some videos on YouTune. Seems very nice.
Almost no muzzle flip. Very controllable due to great barrel alignment.
However, there is one thing that might not be great.
Since it shoots from bottom cylinder, fire blast is very close to fingers. Your grip should be adjusted accordingly.

6 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Revolvers-2.jpg

"Nice plastic fantastic, but its time to get a wheel gun!"

I started this thread. I am very happy with this cz 75 sp01 tactical i picked up last year. Heavy metal for ever! I will never sell this one, this one is a keeper. 

It was used like new, with some nice aluminum after market grips that looked really cool but I like the original grips, they felt better for my hands. 

I want to add, this is my second cz gun, my first was a cz p10c. Cz makes incredible guns, especially for the money. I have owned many brands and cz is excellent. 

Screenshot_20200822-205456_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2