david8613

All metal hand gun recommendations?

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

If you have no objections on buying used, may I suggest the old line of S&W semi-autos, such as the Model 39 series or the Model 59 series. 

Better yet, the S&W 10xx series (from the early 90s) if you can find one AND afford the 9 round mags (no longer in production)

On 6/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, SgtToadette said:

I wouldn't have such a hard line with the plastic guns. They have a lot to offer from a "shootability" perspective. They're also stupid reliable.

From the beginning I have been 100% about glock the only gun I would shoot. Picked up a beretta in June and I'm not sure if it's the weight or the fact its hammer fired but my shooting has improved significantly. i dont think I can go back to my glock. Next step maybe a 226.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefebvrenj said:

From the beginning I have been 100% about glock the only gun I would shoot. Picked up a beretta in June and I'm not sure if it's the weight or the fact its hammer fired but my shooting has improved significantly. i dont think I can go back to my glock. Next step maybe a 226.

If you are not rushing and going for groups, a crisp triggered gun is always going to be better.  

Hammer fired guns in single action will generally break far more cleanly than a double action striker fired gun, even with trigger work.  Try a nicely tuned 1911 or a CZ 75 variant and you won't go back.

Essentially it comes down to a far cleaner wall and break of the trigger.  Less opportunity to jerk the trigger especially as you combine it with a lighter single action trigger pull.

Don't get me wrong, striker fired double action guns do have a lot of perks, but the trigger pull is not one of them.

• Agree 1