AlexTheSane

Recommend me a car!

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

I saw the Weinermobile on the NJTP once.

The Weinermobile was at the Garden State Games opening ceremony at Rutgers Stadium, at least once.  Uncle Floyd was the pre-opening entertainment.

How long ago was it?  Back when there was a Garden State Games, and being the state Olympic festival, it included Olympic shooting events.    I think funding for it stopped under Florio.

Kinda ironic now that I and others were given shooting medals by the state of NJ.

2 hours ago, fishnut said:

I'd rock it. Chicks dig weiners 

Useless fact:  The weinermobile drivers are called "Hot Doggers".  There is an actual job title and job description for them. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Handyman said:

I'd get a used hearse. Classy looking, lots of cargo space.

They were popular in the 60s and 70s for bands.  Usually low mileage and not driven hard.

Newer ones are expensive because of the custom coach work.  Older ones can be had for  around $5000.

10 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

They were popular in the 60s and 70s for bands.  Usually low mileage and not driven hard.

Newer ones are expensive because of the custom coach work.  Older ones can be had for  around $5000.

When I worked for the Army Corp of Engineers - 1993-1998, one of my old-timer surveyors drove a hearse. He loved it. Held all his work stuff, and he could nap in the back.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

When I worked for the Army Corp of Engineers - 1993-1998, one of my old-timer surveyors drove a hearse. He loved it. Held all his work stuff, and he could nap in the back.

I knew a painter or carpenter that used a flower car for his work vehicle.