ramnj

Gun Out of State Transfer

I sold a gun to a person in Idaho.  Can I mail it directly to the buyers FFL or do I have to mail it through a NJ FFL?

I was going to mail it UPS or FedEx to the buyers FFL but just not sure.  I've searched but haven't found an answer.

TIA.

5 minutes ago, ramnj said:

I sold a gun to a person in Idaho.  Can I mail it directly to the buyers FFL or do I have to mail it through a NJ FFL?

I was going to mail it UPS or FedEx to the buyers FFL but just not sure.  I've searched but haven't found an answer.

TIA.

First step would be whether his FFL will accept a package from an individual.  Some will, some won't.  If not, you will have to get your FFL to send it to them.

As individual, you also have to send "Air" vs an FFL can send ground in many cases that will be cheaper.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Maksim said:

First step would be whether his FFL will accept a package from an individual.  Some will, some won't.  If not, you will have to get your FFL to send it to them.

As individual, you also have to send "Air" vs an FFL can send ground in many cases that will be cheaper.

Thanks for the info.

28 minutes ago, ramnj said:

Thanks for the info.

Quite welcome.

And I will say I shipped both ways.  Do keep in mind you are supposed to take it directly to the UPS or Fedex center... not one of the authorized dealers... so take that into account.  Yes, many do ship from like a Pakmail or another shipping place, but supposed to be at the actual Fedex or UPS distribution place. 

• Agree 1