Pizza Bob

Question for FFL's

I would imagine that most of us know that the most cost effective way to ship a handgun to an FFL in another state for delivery to an individual, is through an FFL in the state of origin. Since FFL's can ship handguns via the USPS and individuals are restricted to using a common carrier like UPS or FedEx - which require next day or second day.

My question is that when an FFL accepts a gun for shipment, do they have to enter it in their bound book?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

8 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

I would imagine that most of us know that the most cost effective way to ship a handgun to an FFL in another state for delivery to an individual, is through an FFL in the state of origin. Since FFL's can ship handguns via the USPS and individuals are restricted to using a common carrier like UPS or FedEx - which require next day or second day.

My question is that when an FFL accepts a gun for shipment, do they have to enter it in their bound book?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I would imagine yes... especially if going to another FFL... but I had it done both ways.  One of those is no longer in business. lol.

@remixer @FreedomSportsLLC @PK90 @JT Custom Guns

Any guns coming in will be put in the books. Those going out will be on a 4473 or to a FFL.

Gunsmithing is different, but you didn't ask about that. 

There is a company in Alaska that tells people they can ship without dealers logging it in, but I certainly won't and neither will any as it was discussed on the FFLsOnly Forum.

49 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I would imagine yes... especially if going to another FFL... but I had it done both ways.  One of those is no longer in business. lol.

@remixer @FreedomSportsLLC @PK90 @JT Custom Guns

Yes it would have to go in the AD book,

BTW i never ship USPS... We use Fedex...  USPS is horrible.

My first Experience with  USPS was shipping a rifle to VA...  Took 14 days for the tracking to say they actually received the rifle. When it finally tracked it was in Detroit.    Second time was another shit show where it tracked for a day then stopped for a week, It finally got to its destination but was a PITA.

We get packages all the time from USPS.. always seems to be an issue. But i blame that on the Local delivery people.

To be honest FEDEX is not all that more expensive (depending on where its going). Most handguns seem to ship for under 20 bucks unless its going to some rural area and it arrives in 2 days