Dr.Jimmy Rustler

Troy A4 12.5 "Other"

https://techopsinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Redacted-State-Police-Letter.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1oMdcW3FxaiH3FSJt4x4biosv4QOzAaArqcX4Coce3Anxef7r13_sQlSw

thoughts on these? tempting to get one but i don't want to state to say its a no go after I get my paws on one

On 6/25/2019 at 7:53 PM, Dr.Jimmy Rustler said:

https://techopsinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Redacted-State-Police-Letter.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1oMdcW3FxaiH3FSJt4x4biosv4QOzAaArqcX4Coce3Anxef7r13_sQlSw

thoughts on these? tempting to get one but i don't want to state to say its a no go after I get my paws on one

to be honest they can say that to anything we have.. screw it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, Blacksmythe said:

cough build one cough or buy MM.

normally.. I would agree to build.. but I think this is the ONE instance where buying a complete AR holds some advantage... I  think it is good to have a specific letter... about a specific gun.. from the state.. saying that it is legal.. when it is something somewhat questionable.. that letter is IMO worth quite a bit.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, vladtepes said:

normally.. I would agree to build.. but I think this is the ONE instance where buying a complete AR holds some advantage... I  think it is good to have a specific letter... about a specific gun.. from the state.. saying that it is legal.. when it is something somewhat questionable.. that letter is IMO worth quite a bit.. 

Build it the exact same way, don't "shoulder" fire it. keep a copy of the letter.

1 hour ago, Blacksmythe said:

Build it the exact same way, don't "shoulder" fire it. keep a copy of the letter.

I know NJ is not the ATF.. but with the ATF when they give opinion letters they are very narrow in scope.. 

They are not about types of things.. or things that are similar.. they are valid for the exact specific thing that is asked about.. 

that is probably what is causing me to have this opinion..

• Agree 1

These things have been selling like crazy at RTSP where I work, If I had the money I would consider getting one. No pistol permit necessary, and because the "stock" is a wrist brace, it is still adjustable ( no pinning required) Build quality seems to be really solid as well, only thing Im not a fan of are the mags it ships with.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hartsfw said:

These things have been selling like crazy at RTSP where I work, If I had the money I would consider getting one. No pistol permit necessary, and because the stock is a wrist strap of the brace, it is still adjustable ( no pinning required) Build quality seems to be really solid as well, only thing Im not a fan of are the mags it ships with.

It is not a stock.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, hartsfw said:

These things have been selling like crazy at RTSP where I work, If I had the money I would consider getting one. No pistol permit necessary, and because the "stock" is a wrist brace, it is still adjustable ( no pinning required) Build quality seems to be really solid as well, only thing Im not a fan of are the mags it ships with.

I bet the 9mm version sells like crazy too with PCC's being as popular as they are.  You also don't get the additional blast and decibels that you get with the shorter 5.56 barrels.    

16 minutes ago, samtechlan said:

I bet the 9mm version sells like crazy too with PCC's being as popular as they are.  You also don't get the additional blast and decibels that you get with the shorter 5.56 barrels.    

We only have the 5.56 version at the moment, but it is still selling like hotcakes. It wouldn't surprise me if we started carrying the 9mm version as well.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:49 PM, hartsfw said:

We only have the 5.56 version at the moment, but it is still selling like hotcakes. It wouldn't surprise me if we started carrying the 9mm version as well.

Does RTSP have the Modern Materiel model?

On 7/10/2019 at 11:58 PM, ChrisJM981 said:

Does RTSP have the Modern Materiel model?

I think you can order direct over their site or order at Bullseye in Woodbridge and Reloaderz in Wayne. I was at MM just the other day customizing my SBF...Great group of guys.  

On 8/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, PK90 said:

Only a matter if time. Enjoy while you can. Braces are on the way out.

9e16cda68e812f055532be9575f1f709.jpg

Yikes.  Did not know he used a drum.  That rigid "brace" however is essentially as good as done however.

So I have two of these Non-NFA firearms, the Troy A4 and a Dark Storm Variant 1.

Finished up with over 1k rounds of the Troy A4.  Zero issues, zero malfunctions of any kind.  Shot both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Video out tomorrow...

Troy A4 1k Thumb.jpg

7 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I know its not an option in NJ.. but I am seriously considering getting a stamp for my two "pistol brace guns" 

I almost feel like NFA items being already restricted are less likely to take center stage.. 

You are wise. 

8 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I know its not an option in NJ.. but I am seriously considering getting a stamp for my two "pistol brace guns" 

I almost feel like NFA items being already restricted are less likely to take center stage.. 

I find this whole fleeing from the braces and seeking refuge in sbr somewhat bizarre.  Did it work with machine guns that were nfa and had never been used in shootings in 1986? And under Reagan too.

Even now there are rumblings about going after suppresors that are already highly regulated.

The thing about 2nd Amendment rights is that it is never static you have setbacks and victories, it is an eternal battle with the anti-gunners.  Shortly after the 1986 setback you had the birth of "shall issue" ccw beginning in FL and eventually extending through most of the country.

The notion that "I'll be safe in my little sbr nfa niche cave as soon as I ditch the evil braces" is illogical and ahistorical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samtechlan said:

I find this whole fleeing from the braces and seeking refuge in sbr somewhat bizarre.  Did it work with machine guns that were nfa and had never been used in shootings in 1986? And under Reagan too.

Even now there are rumblings about going after suppresors that are already highly regulated.

The thing about 2nd Amendment rights is that it is never static you have setbacks and victories, it is an eternal battle with the anti-gunners.  Shortly after the 1986 setback you had the birth of "shall issue" ccw beginning in FL and eventually extending through most of the country.

The notion that "I'll be safe in my little sbr nfa niche cave as soon as I ditch the evil braces" is illogical and ahistorical.

Yet, All those people with pre 86 NFA items still have them.... and those who dont, well they dont. 

4 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Yet, All those people with pre 86 NFA items still have them.... and those who dont, well they dont. 

you hit the nail on the head.. will there be further restriction? may you not be able to SBR one day? sure.. all possible.. will they take SBRs on a federal level? unlikely... so moving to a more regulated category IMO at least.. moves the gun out of the "look at what everyone is doing" category..