Dr.Jimmy Rustler

Troy A4 12.5 "Other"

2 hours ago, Borris01 said:

Thanks ! Just a follow-up question. Can the fore grip be swapped out for a slightly angled one ( like a BCM ) ? 

That would be a NO!

The gun is designed to be a weapon fired with two hands, implying a Vertical Grip and a pistol brace, as designed by the manufacturer.

AFG? Not 100% sure on but generally everyone I spoke with from the Attorneys to manufacturers... swap out whatever you want, but needs to be a pistol brace + vertical fore grip.

1 hour ago, Blacksmythe said:

Round count is now 1295. I’m using a different bolt. Feels good it’s still chugging along. All rounds were m855. The new bolt is a palmetto lol wish me luck. 

EF54A22F-16CB-43E8-926C-A37B3657FC0F.jpeg

I wouldn’t mess with that. Keep it simple for the drones

Nothing wrong with their bolts. =)  They do the job they were specified for.  As long as it is up to mil spec, will be fine.   Will take more to clean it... but will run fine. 

On 9/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, Borris01 said:

Thanks ! Just a follow-up question. Can the fore grip be swapped out for a slightly angled one ( like a BCM ) ? 

On 9/10/2019 at 8:46 AM, Maksim said:

That would be a NO!

The gun is designed to be a weapon fired with two hands, implying a Vertical Grip and a pistol brace, as designed by the manufacturer.

AFG? Not 100% sure on but generally everyone I spoke with from the Attorneys to manufacturers... swap out whatever you want, but needs to be a pistol brace + vertical fore grip. 

Borris- are you referring to something like this?

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Vertical-Grip-Mod3-1913-Black-p/bcm-vg-1913-mod-3-blk.htm

That, or the longer version would be ok. 

This would not be ok. 

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-AFG2-Angle-Forward-Grip-BLACK-p/mag414 afg2 blk.htm

9 minutes ago, fatty said:

I'm eyeing the 10.5 version as well...  Looks sweet!

Question... Why did you have the FH pinned?  Thought it was OK to leave it threaded

With a 10.5 barrel and no pinned welded muzzle device you won’t hit the 26” overall length requirement. 

15 minutes ago, fatty said:

I'm eyeing the 10.5 version as well...  Looks sweet!

Question... Why did you have the FH pinned?  Thought it was OK to leave it threaded

Go to the non-nfa build guideline thread and look at the barrel/buffer tube combos.  10.5" is not long enough,  even with a A5 buffer tube, to meet 26". Muzzle must be pinned. 

3 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Is anyone replaced trigger on these short other firearms? It is quiet stiff on Troy, I wish I could install something better. Is it legal to replace? 

You can modify it how ever you want as long as you keep the brace and vertical hand grip and the overall length from buffer tube to barrel is 26”

1 minute ago, 0Jeep4 said:

You can modify it how ever you want as long as you keep the brace and vertical hand grip and the overall length from buffer tube to barrel is 26”

Thanks, can I replace vertical grip with another model little shorter? Also if brace is broken can I use another brand?

5 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Thanks, can I replace vertical grip with another model little shorter? Also if brace is broken can I use another brand?

Again >

7 minutes ago, 0Jeep4 said:

3 minutes ago, EngineerJet said:

Just like if you were building your own AR...there could technically be a window in which it falls into the illegal category if you remove the vertical grip or brace. Use common sense.

I guess you are suggesting to keep both as it is because of unknown situation? Market of these parts is huge and it is easy to make mistake. 

Just now, leo-польд said:

I guess you are suggesting to keep both as it is because of unknown situation? Market of these parts is huge and it is easy to make mistake. 

No he's saying that if you switch, make sure your new part is in hand so you can swap immediately. Dont be taking the gun out in public in unfinished form, or have it laying around in unfinished form in the rare event the police raid your home. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shooter28 said:

No he's saying that if you switch, make sure your new part is in hand so you can swap immediately. Dont be taking the gun out in public in unfinished form, or have it laying around in unfinished form in the rare event the police raid your home. 

Oh, that would be stupid to do in NJ :) I know, it is like ticket to the jail here...

4 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

I agree if you’re going to change anything be ready to install the new equipment ASAP especially if it changes the classification of the weapon such as vfg or brace. Technically speaking while changing the parts you will be have an illegal weapon. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it or aren’t sure what you’re doing I suggest buying the parts and letting a local FFL do it  

26 minutes ago, Tonester2 said:

Sorry about reviving an old topic but I'm thinking of getting one. What do they go for and is anyone able to get ammo for it (5.56/.223)?

If you can imfind one $1200 ball park

Ammo? Its available but gonna pay big bucks for it.