21 minutes ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

Palmetto State site has Bricks for $12.99 in their Daily Deals. With shipping and tax (!), 5 bricks works to be 3 cents a round. 

I steer clear of .22lr that isnt high velocity federal or CCI. They seems to work in almost everything.

If it works in your guns buy it, otherwise i would pass. 

On 6/26/2019 at 3:49 PM, RUTGERS95 said:

agree, problem isn't the ammo it's the gun.  if a gun won't run a wide range what you feed, move on to another one

Then all you will be left with is pumps, lever actions, and in this case not even revolvers... as this 22lr has been reported to even stick in those!

30 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Then all you will be left with is pumps, lever actions, and in this case not even revolvers... as this 22lr has been reported to even stick in those!

only issues I've really ever encountered were feeding issues.  If own a weapon that will not shoot a wide range of 22lr then get another weapon because the one you have sucks.   I blow through 22lr with the boys and we have zero issues in all our 22lrs, even the revolvers

29 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

only issues I've really ever encountered were feeding issues.  If own a weapon that will not shoot a wide range of 22lr then get another weapon because the one you have sucks.   I blow through 22lr with the boys and we have zero issues in all our 22lrs, even the revolvers

There is a reason it is cheaper than the competition. 

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

There is a reason it is cheaper than the competition. 

meh, it's 22lr

point still stands, if you have weapons that won't fire it, sell them and get new ones.  I've never had an issue with it or thunderbolt or any other cheap 22lr in Marlins, Rugers, single shot  Winnies. Crickets, Rough Riders, 617.....

as a rule, you should never own a weapon that chooses which ammo it will shoot.  that's like having a car that won't start on some days

agree.  22lr is popular because it's cheap, effective, reliable, and relatively benign with kids.

I don't care if it's 5.56, 308, 38, etc etc....if you have a firearm that won't cycle a very wide range of ammo then the problem is not the ammo. 

A lot depends on the purpose for which the gun was designed.  General purpose guns should run with general purpose ammo, but competition guns will be a little finicky.   They'll have a sweet spot for what loads give the best accuracy, and a sweet spot for what loads give the best reliability, and a competitor will need to work within those parameters.  

15 minutes ago, 10X said:

A lot depends on the purpose for which the gun was designed.  General purpose guns should run with general purpose ammo, but competition guns will be a little finicky.   They'll have a sweet spot for what loads give the best accuracy, and a sweet spot for what loads give the best reliability, and a competitor will need to work within those parameters.  

good point but this ammo isn't for comp guns. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

as a rule, you should never own a weapon that chooses which ammo it will shoot.  that's like having a car that won't start on some days

B.S. - there is crappy ammo out there that won’t run well in any gun, *espcially* in rimfire calibers.  

The “rule” should be that you test the ammo that you plan to rely on before you have to rely on it.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

B.S. - there is crappy ammo out there that won’t run well in any gun, *espcially* in rimfire calibers.  

The “rule” should be that you test the ammo that you plan to rely on before you have to rely on it.

bs ......if you have a weapon that doesn't shoot a broad range you have a weapon that needs to be replaced or the reason rectified.  That 's firearms 101

show me a crappy ammo that won't run in 'any' gun however, we're talking about this ammo here.

33 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

show me a crappy ammo that won't run in 'any' gun however, we're talking about this ammo here.

Don’t have it anymore because I gave it away, but about 2 years ago I bought a “bucket o’ bullets” (round white plastic container) of Remington “Golden Bullet” .22LR because it was a “good deal”.  

Knew I was in trouble as soon as I opened up and saw lots of powder all over the bullets and sides of the container.

I  estimate about 20% of the bullets were not fully seated in cases and had either fallen out or were canted and/or loose in the case.

Please show me the firearm that will reliably feed and fire rounds either missing bullets or with the bullets seated at a 30-45 deg angle.