david8613

Desert tech MDR bullpup

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

The pricing would not be out of line at all.....if they had achieved their goals.

I'm willing to put money up they are out of business, this line is discontinued or they change their pricing drastically over the next 2-3yrs.  No one is paying scar, kac, lmt money for that.  Mind you I see on the history of sales on AR15.com people have unloaded these at deep discounts in the 1600-1800 range

aside from the prop stuff, this is also known to rip rims off.  some good discussions on AR15.com on this set up.

Well, one could opine this is what happens when you get way out of your lane. Credit for trying. But it just seems so many things were not well thought out. I'm sure they had input from the right people, did they take it? Insiders seem to indicate they did not. Thus it fell short...

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:56 PM, Shane45 said:

Id wait for the Tavor 7. I would have more confidence it will be a viable product.

I don't know, we're finding out the Tavor isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I have an LMT MWS and it's outstanding.  I cannot say enough good things about it.  I like the bullpup for the OAL and I'd like one I can abuse but they are too much for that

11 hours ago, Shane45 said:

They are both specialized IMO. Good for some things, not so good for others. But what I'm saying is out of the Bullpup offerings in 308, I would trust an IWI product over DT's. But the real relevant question should probably be what role a 308 bull pup fills...

I would too, can't argue that at all

it amazes me that they can't build a great bullpup in today's day and age....nuts

Thus the disappointment with DT. It could have been. But I suspect internal mismanagement was a major factor and a million missed ship dates drove the pressure to just get it to market. Having to break out the Torx wrench and take your forend off to adjust the gas......:o really!?!?!?!?