voyager9

Sell or Repair Jeep

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Fair enough.  Does that also include reading the link you posted?

I saw that, they said the numbers weren't as good as a decade ago, but based on their report, the numbers, on average, are still higher than Toyota.

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

That said, if I end up in the buy-camp and can consider pickups I’ll include the Ridgeline on the list.

The reason I brought up the Ridgeline was, when I was looking, I was leaning towards a SUV too. But when I thought about it more, there are occasions that I need to carry/move something big, that wouldn't fit in the back of a SUV.

So, when I went looking, the Ridgeline offered a nice upgraded cockpit, comfortably carried 5 people like a SUV, had decent options, rode like a SUV and not a truck, towed my boat, flipped up the rear seat so poochie can jump in, AND gave me the option to carry big crap in the back and trunk.... Oh, and it is a Honda, which generally is a decent vehicle, and it's priced right.

So, don't automatically discard a "pickup" for a "SUV" without thinking through all the possibilities and what you need a vehicle to do. I found the overall utility aspect of this vehicle amazing, being a SUV/pickup hybrid.

Incidentally, I've had this truck over 5 years and have had ZERO problems with it. Only thing was the air bag recall, which tons of Jap cars had to go through. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've ever owned, and that includes 4 Jeeps.

• Like 1

Pose the question to Scotty Kilmer over on Youtube.  He might even respond on his video.

I am on my second Grand Cherokee now.  For me, it was the locking differential and adjustable ride height from an inside knob, since I drive on the beach whenever I can get out for fishing.

I can tell you that these suckers rock when getting towed out of a dune by a real truck.  :)  Really comfy.

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2019 at 11:04 AM, dajonga said:

The new Honda Passport looks nice, if a bit pricey.

My neighbor has one with almost 100k just about everything has gone wrong with it, now his air compressor took dump he is disappointed with it. said he is trading it in and getting rid of it.

1 hour ago, tony357 said:

My neighbor has one with almost 100k just about everything has gone wrong with it, now his air compressor took dump he is disappointed with it. said he is trading it in and getting rid of it.

The new Honda Passport has been out for like 2 months, at most. Your neighbor must put on the miles fast!