runcibleman

F2F pistol sale to direct family

You can still do a face-to-face transfer with an immediate family member.

The lower right hand box tells you what color goes to who.

Put the white copy in an envelope addressed to the state & the yellow copy into an envelope addressed to the town.

I have never used any registered mail for this.... stamp, envelope....done.

• Agree 1

I added a post-it to the local PD copy, highlighting that it was a f2f between brothers...but I didn’t have to do thAt. and neither he nor I ever heard anything further. 

EDIT: whoops that’s not really what you were asking. No, I’ve never used anything other than a regular stamped first class envelope 

17 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I added a post-it to the local PD copy, highlighting that it was a f2f between brothers...but I didn’t have to do thAt. and neither he nor I ever heard anything further. 

EDIT: whoops that’s not really what you were asking. No, I’ve never used anything other than a regular stamped first class envelope 

Oh, thank you, that's good to know too. I didn't think about adding a note, as my father and I naturally share the same surname, so I would hope that they'd realize that we were directly related, but now I won't worry about it either way.

My brother and I have the same name too. And I probably didn't have to do anything nor should you. I only mentioned it because it was shortly after the law changed and he's in Hillsborough who are (anecdotally) not always up to speed on gun laws.

1 hour ago, PK90 said:

Is that you Darryl?

LOL, that's not good! Wasn't there a case of a Sr. who got his guns seized once when Jr. was charged with domestic abuse, and all because he never put his SSN on his P2P's and didn't use the suffix Sr., so they went after the guy with the most handguns registered, and then of course he had to fight for weeks to get his incorrectly seized property back?