Jackruf

Modular Home Construction

Have any forum members had first hand experience with modular home construction? I am evaluating the pros and cons for a new shore home I am planning. If so, please pm me. I would very much like to speak with you regarding your experience.

Thanks to all

I have a friend-of-a-friend who recently had a two story modular replacement home assembled in Pt. Pleasant.  They tore down the old home, stayed with local friends and family for a few months while the new modular home was built, transported and assembled on site in 4 pieces, I believe.

I’ve been inside the home, looks nice, only complaints that they related to me was that they had to do some extra “fireproofing” to satisfy local code inspectors (apparently modular homes have some extra requirements?) and some minor placement issues on plumbing hookups when the first story was being installed.

Idk I worked on one years and years ago. The biggest pita was a smoke test on the drain lines. Somebody still has to do all the tie in work after the set crew leaves. 

Also check out Connor homes. Kinda a hybrid 

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Idk I worked on one years and years ago. The biggest pita was a smoke test on the drain lines. Somebody still has to do all the tie in work after the set crew leaves. 

Also check out Connor homes. Kinda a hybrid 

Are the modules somewhat isolated from a water, gas, and electric perspective?   Like common tie-in points between modules versus having to run that stuff post assembly?  

On 7/1/2019 at 7:55 PM, voyager9 said:

Are the modules somewhat isolated from a water, gas, and electric perspective?   Like common tie-in points between modules versus having to run that stuff post assembly?  

My modular home had a section that reminded me of an inside chimney where the electric and central air ducts came up from the basement to both floors.  I think the plumbing was connected after the house pieces were put together.  My home also had a 18 inch space between the first and second floor which made for a little less noise between floors.

The home builder/contractor basically finished off the rest of the house with their own help, after a separate set of people put the house pieces together.  It was an interesting process to watch. 

On 7/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, DirtyDigz said:

I have a friend-of-a-friend who recently had a two story modular replacement home assembled in Pt. Pleasant.  They tore down the old home, stayed with local friends and family for a few months while the new modular home was built, transported and assembled on site in 4 pieces, I believe.

I’ve been inside the home, looks nice, only complaints that they related to me was that they had to do some extra “fireproofing” to satisfy local code inspectors (apparently modular homes have some extra requirements?) and some minor placement issues on plumbing hookups when the first story was being installed.

if the house had a garage underneath you have to put up two 5\8 sheets of sheet rock for fire barrier or any type of storage underneath. if left open only one sheet 5\8 

George Kurtz GK construction is very reliable he is local in town and also  one of the owners of shooters here in little egg harbor.

I just priced a modular with George. 

gkconstruction1.jpg