Sniper

Virginia Homeowner fire 39 shots at intruder, and misses on every one

Looks like someone needs more range time or isn't sure about what home defense actually is... He fires 39 shots in different parts of his house, misses, then resorts to throwing furniture at the crazy intruder....

...."CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield family spoke with 8News Friday after fending off a naked intruder who broke into their home on South Twilight Lane the night before. The intruder claimed to be the devil and attacked the family, prompting the homeowner to fire 39 rounds.

The incident was a traumatic experience for the Lewis family’s first night in their brand new home.

“She was in to kill us,” Melissa Lewis said. “That was her almighty, to kill us. She attacked us and I held her down just kept on punching her and punching her as hard as I possibly could.”

The Lewis’ dream home now looks like a war zone, with blood soaked into the carpet, the walls and windows riddled with bullets and shell casings scattered all over.

When he ran out of bullets, Lewis began throwing furniture at her. His wife and children eventually jumped in and attempted to stop the woman. The intruder didn’t stop until one of the children, the Lewis’ 12-year-old son Logan, shoved a wrench into her neck.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/chesterfield-family-fends-off-naked-intruder-who-claimed-to-be-the-devil/

FotoJet-2019-07-05T150624.946.jpg

32 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Probably didn’t have a weapon light.

Exactly... then EVERY shot would have been perfectly on target!

Because everyone walks around their house at 10:30 at night in complete darkness, with no lights on.

14 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Exactly... then EVERY shot would have been perfectly on target!

Because everyone walks around their house at 10:30 at night in complete darkness, with no lights on.

If they are conserving energy, yes.

I saw something about "warning shots". I don't know who fires 39 warning shots. I'm calling insurance fraud. They'll have new hardwoods installed where the carpets were. I hope he put a few rounds through his TV so he can upgrade to a 4K model. :lol: Good thing the son had an assault wrench handy. 

Although 39 shots/no hits sounds almost unbelievable to me... I remind myself that not everyone who owns guns is actually into guns. I'm sure there's people who buy a gun for "self-defense" not realizing that the gun is only one small part of the self-defense formula. You have to know how to use it! And I'm sure a lot of people don't get instruction, don't practice, don't belong to a range, etc. - and the gun sits there years at a time, unused, while what little knowledge/skill they do have fades into nothing. So, in that scenario... add in a full-blown state of panic... and a moving target...sure, I could see someone wasting 39 shots... moreover, I'll bet those 39 shots were blasted away in mere seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Although 39 shots/no hits sounds almost unbelievable to me... I remind myself that not everyone who owns guns is actually into guns. I'm sure there's people who buy a gun for "self-defense" not realizing that the gun is only one small part of the self-defense formula. You have to know how to use it! And I'm sure a lot of people don't get instruction, don't practice, don't belong to a range, etc. - and the gun sits there years at a time, unused, while what little knowledge/skill they do have fades into nothing. So, in that scenario... add in a full-blown state of panic... and a moving target...sure, I could see someone wasting 39 shots... moreover, I'll bet those 39 shots were blasted away in mere seconds. 

I'd say most gun owners are not into guns. There are many guns I've seen that spent their lives in sock drawers as the owner bought the gun "for protection".  Many of these guns go unfired.

8 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Did every shot miss? looks like a decent amount of blood.

Apparently, yes... it turned into a fist fight. The perp is currently in ICU with severe head trauma.

2 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I'd say most gin owners are not into guns.

Could they be into vodka or bourbon instead?  :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, WP22 said:

39 shots and missed... is he a cop?

NYPD cop...

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Did every shot miss? looks like a decent amount of blood.

The son shoved a socket wrench (with a hex attachment it looks like) into the attacker's neck... that's why..

3 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I saw something about "warning shots". I don't know who fires 39 warning shots. I'm calling insurance fraud. They'll have new hardwoods installed where the carpets were. I hope he put a few rounds through his TV so he can upgrade to a 4K model. :lol: Good thing the son had an assault wrench handy. 

Whoa.....thank goodness "assault wrenches" are legal in VA.

1 hour ago, WP22 said:

39 shots and missed... is he a cop?

I've had three different police officers in three different forces tell me they won't use their qualifying ranges when certain other officers are present because they are too dangerous.

I guess that's actually not funny.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If you're right, and the husband/father had little to no instruction and/or training with the firearm, I think he would have had greater success using his fist.

Seems like a bunch of people are questioning this story. First, the 39 shots... The family put up a Go Fund Me page to collect donations to help with costs... Strange, they just moved into this "new" home a day ago, yet can't afford meals or a hotel room temporarily... Plus, the husband posted on the GoFundMe page that he was shooting to stop the intruder, and he's a very good shot. So people are asking... Really... 39 shots and not ONE hit...

The GoFundMe page has only $360 collected in three days... something doesn't add up....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/atb4zr-lost-home