samtechlan

And then there were four (non-NFA)

Competition at work.  It seems that special ops tactical is entering the NJ market with their own version of a SBF.  Appears to be an exclusive deal with Ocean Armory.

I hope we start getting PCC versions soon and even non-AR options.  

https://specialopstactical.com/ 

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

It won't be long before a small FFL07 starts slapping together uppers and lowers and selling these at sub $500 prices.

Might be hard to avoid picking one up if that happens.

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

It won't be long before a small FFL07 starts slapping together uppers and lowers and selling these at sub $500 prices.

I would be happy with anything in the $700-$800 range which is what a Stribog 9mm costs and it is what I would get if I lived in a free state.

13 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Looks Expensive... lol.

2 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

"Financing available". That scares me :icon_lol: They do have some very nice Cerekote options though. I'm a fan of bronze or copper

Looking at their prices they dont seems to be too bad....

I think since we are in this current climate of 600-800 complete budget rifles, people see something go for 1,300 bucks and call foul...

My biggest fear with some of these companies is paying the premium and not really having an idea that the parts are in fact premium. 

6 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I think since we are in this current climate of 600-800 complete budget rifles, people see something go for 1,300 bucks and call foul...

This.  The parts are available for cheaper...  we're paying the "non-NFA" tax.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

This.  The parts are available for cheaper...  we're paying the "non-NFA" tax.

in some cases, WAY Cheaper. 

I just have no idea the level of quality some of these manufactures have... At the end of the day, If i wanted a 1300 dollar gun, I would put the money to good use with some parts i know are worth the money...

Now they are cerakoting the guns to jack up the price a couple hundred. 

I also fear these companies that advertise how great their components and material are... end up sourcing their parts from the same people as everyone else. 

33 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

in some cases, WAY Cheaper. 

I just have no idea the level of quality some of these manufactures have... At the end of the day, If i wanted a 1300 dollar gun, I would put the money to good use with some parts i know are worth the money...

Now they are cerakoting the guns to jack up the price a couple hundred. 

I also fear these companies that advertise how great their components and material are... end up sourcing their parts from the same people as everyone else. 

There are only a handful of companies that make parts, springs etc.  So it really comes down to QC.   I know SOT should have the same QC as some of the more well know AR builders.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:35 PM, samtechlan said:

Competition at work.  It seems that special ops tactical is entering the NJ market with their own version of a SBF.  Appears to be an exclusive deal with Ocean Armory.

https://specialopstactical.com/ 

An exclusive deal with a shop just off LBI? That's not competition. Most of the state lives 1-2 hours away. I wonder if they'll Cerakote a MM in copper for me? :think: