fishnut

They picked the wrong house

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

Why does anyone need an AR15?Well when its 4 vs 1 you need all.the help you can get! https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2019/07/11/homeowner-ar-15-repels-four-armed-intrusion-suspects-killing-two/amp/

Not to mention standard capacity(30 rd+) mags, select fire weaponry, and suppressors. 

• Agree 1

Another interesting piece to this story was that many people have said, to be protected from when the zombie hordes come, you need to live rural and off the beaten path.

This guy lived in a mobile home on 20 heavily wooded acres with a 300 foot dirt driveway, and the zombie hordes still found him... looks like that cover didn't work out so well...

Maybe he needs a few BIG dogs, besides the AR15...

36 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Another interesting piece to this story was that many people have said, to be protected from when the zombie hordes come, you need to live rural and off the beaten path.

This guy lived in a mobile home on 20 heavily wooded acres with a 300 foot dirt driveway, and the zombie hordes still found him... looks like that cover didn't work out so well...

That's an interesting point. I've always thought it was "6 of one, half-dozen of the other" - meaning sometimes isolation is a good thing, but at other times - I guess no one nearby to hear your screams isn't such a good thing!

I'm also a big fan of dogs as ONE part of a security plan. Even a tiny, alert dog (though posing no physical threat to an intruder) is capable of giving an "early warning" that can be helpful to a homeowner.

44 minutes ago, Sniper said:

People looking to make trouble seldom do so where they know they will be seen and get lots of attention. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Very different circumstances.... 

Living isolated does nothing but buy you time in a "apocalypse". If someone is buying remote property for that purpose, they are probably well aware they will never be immune to such a situation.. 

All that does is add a buffer to your situation. 

People living remotely almost exclusively know that they have to depend on themselves for security, and that they are more vulnerable, not less, when society is otherwise functioning.

The report said the guys had guns with them, so i dont really see dogs doing much here either.

I am curious why 4 guys rolled up on a mobile home in the middle of nowhere, armed like they were about to rob fort knox.

27 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Living isolated does nothing but buy you time in a "apocalypse".

True, but we aren't in an apocalypse (yet) and the guy still got attacked by the hordes back in his hideaway..

28 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

The report said the guys had guns with them, so i dont really see dogs doing much here either.

The dogs, if anything, give you an advanced warning. Many of these guys with the "dark tans" don't like big dogs to start with, so they could have been a deterrent. In any event, even if the dogs get shot, they keep the bad guys from getting all the way to your bedroom, by giving advanced warning and give you a head start for self defense. This is exactly what I'm training my pup to do, be the first line of defense.

52 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm also a big fan of dogs as ONE part of a security plan. Even a tiny, alert dog (though posing no physical threat to an intruder) is capable of giving an "early warning" that can be helpful to a homeowner.

Exactly...

It's all about having layers of defense.

52 minutes ago, Sniper said:

The dogs, if anything, give you an advanced warning. Many of these guys with the "dark tans" don't like big dogs to start with, so they could have been a deterrent. In any event, even if the dogs get shot, they keep the bad guys from getting all the way to your bedroom, by giving advanced warning and give you a head start for self defense. This is exactly what I'm training my pup to do, be the first line of defense.

You just wrote that black people don’t like dogs.. seriously? Do you have any data to back that up? 

50 minutes ago, carl_g said:

You just wrote that black people don’t like dogs.. seriously? Do you have any data to back that up? 

I was talking about construction workers that work outside in the sun all day.

What are you, a racist, like Trump?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

I am curious why 4 guys rolled up on a mobile home in the middle of nowhere, armed like they were about to rob fort knox.

Could be damn near anything really. 

Maybe the guys neighbor a half mile down the road is a dealer and these guys got the wrong gravel road going into the woods trying to rob the dealer. 

Maybe they are the kind of scum that don't care if they got $5 or $50,000 and were just breaking into places far away from police attention. 

Maybe the dude in the hospital who shot them owed them money, drugs, etc. 

Maybe they wanted someplace with water, electricity and a toilet to cook some meth for a few weeks and were going to lock him up or kill him to do so. 

Maybe they were the drug dealers next door, a half mile down the road, and they wanted to make sure the dude in the hospital didn't ever call the cops on them again.

Maybe the guy offended them at a local bar/club/whatever and they found where he lived and were going o teach him a lesson. 

56 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I was talking about construction workers that work outside in the sun all day.

What are you, a racist, like Trump?

So now you are a liar and a bigot. Nice! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

There is a post in the r/progun sub on reddit from the neighbor’s son. He said the perpetrators  targeted this guys house because of a Craig’s list ad and they knew he had guns and marijuana. 

He also said it was 300 yards from the gate to his house. AR was prob the perfect SD platform for that environment. 

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

You have issues, you need to get out more.

Same can be said about you

I'd love to see your research that shows that tan construction workers are afraid of dogs 

• Confused 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.