Ray Ray

USCG, these dudes got balls

Yeah the Coasties who boarded that have some balls....but the guys operating that semisubmersible...wow!! They have a pair!

We did all kinds of goofy shit when I was a submariner, but I wouldn’t drive and dive that rickety POS to save my life!

9 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Knock Knock ???

All I could think of as he approached the hatch was: "this is what flash bangs were invented for".

5 hours ago, 10X said:

All I could think of as he approached the hatch was: "this is what flash bangs were invented for".

No way. You don’t know what kind of fuel leaks or flammable materials/fumes are in there - and you are standing on top of it.

Also, they have a 1 second fuse, so there isn’t even time to toss and move.

3 hours ago, High Exposure said:

No way. You don’t know what kind of furl leaks or flammable materials/fumes are i  there - and you are standing on top of it.

Ok, fair point...

59 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Dude was wearing all that tac gear and no life vest? He woulda sunk like a rock.

Flotation panels are built into the armor package now. Plus they are probably wearing an inflatable yoke type vest.

Alternatively, they may have a quick release on the armor, where if you pull a certain part of the armor, the armor will fall off your body.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

As the Navy says: It’s the coast guard. If they get in trouble they just wade back to shore. /s

58 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

They have to be at least 6’ tall to keep their heads above water...

img.jpg

img (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah the Coasties who boarded that have some balls....but the guys operating that semisubmersible...wow!! They have a pair!

We did all kinds of goofy shit when I was a submariner, but I wouldn’t drive and dive that rickety POS to save my life!

I saw one of these deathtraps when I was working on a temporary detail down in Key West at JIATF South about 15yrs ago after it had been impounded.  Definitely not a submersible, they are low riders built to avoid radar.  They are very crude and dangerous watercraft.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:07 PM, Handyman said:

Dude was wearing all that tac gear and no life vest? He woulda sunk like a rock.

Coasties don't sink. They are like Aquaman and command the water. :);)

Who the hell were they yelling to? lmao.... doubt the sub heard anything...hehehe....

I gotta say, I went on patrol down Station Barnegat while on vacation once years ago doing inspections in the channel on a 41 footer. (Was down there for vacation and family day)...
Anyway, a very cranky channel on a hot and humid day with no breeze. You sniff the diesel exhaust that hovers around your head like a cloud and the swells in the channel got you bouncing. By time we got back to base, they said I was purple and green. :puke:

The Coxswain and OD were the calmest guys I ever met.The Cox maneuvered the boat with one hand doing both screws. Bow always pointing at the vessel as it rotated around it like a satellite. The boarding crew seemed to have magnetic boots and they never got thrown around as you might suspect on hectic water. Cox was a big guy. Told him I admired his precision. He said, 'piece of cake. I owned a clam boat down Louisiana'. 'Did it all the time'. 

Didn't stop me from having burgers, beer and playing horseshoes... lol... :D

Never disregard the Coasties as being not a formidable foe. Call them what you want, Puddle Pirates, Hooligans Navy, but they are always on watch... Semper Paratus! :good:

• Thanks 1