gfl216

Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays

5 hours ago, gfl216 said:

I have a week off at the end of the month and I'm thinking about checking out Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent hotel in the area? 

Do you need to stay there?  From Ocean County it is still a good day Trip.

Not sure of the hotel situation around there, but it is an AWESOME place to go shoot!

But yes.........its a day trip.  Dont need to spend your money on a hotel

4 hours ago, Maksim said:

Do you need to stay there?  From Ocean County it is still a good day Trip.

Google says that it's about 2.5 hrs I figured 5 hour round trip plus a few hours shooting might be a long day.

Does anyone know if they take singles or do you have to shoot in a group? 

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Fairly positive you can do single but if you post the date, I am sure other NJgf members would be happy to join.  Quite a few of us are now in the Lehigh Valley area .

Good idea. When I nail down a date I'll post it and see if anyone is interested. More than likely going to be a weekday.

1 hour ago, gfl216 said:

Good idea. When I nail down a date I'll post it and see if anyone is interested. More than likely going to be a weekday.

There are plenty retired folks in the area who would be willing to go.  I know of at least 4 forum members who live in Lehigh Valley or close on the Jersey side. 

Pick a date, post it, you will have folks that bite and likely willing to carpool.  

Driving to PA you will not have issues but driving back you are likely to hit traffic. 

I am fairly close to Nj border and it took me 2.5 hours to drive to Garden State shooting center

I can recommend a great brew pub and restaurant after you're done, Fegley's in Allentown. Great food and beer. Just don't drink too much for the ride home.

812 Hamilton St, Allentown, PA 18101

• Like 2

On 7/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, gfl216 said:

Google says that it's about 2.5 hrs I figured 5 hour round trip plus a few hours shooting might be a long day.

Does anyone know if they take singles or do you have to shoot in a group? 

They take singles all day long.

I'm running a fundraiser there on Sunday August 11th for the Coalition of New jersey Firearm Owners.  Proceeds to help benefit our lawsuit fund >>> this one is for the Cheeseman CCW case that was filed just last week with the Supreme Court.  We're submitting an Amicus Brief on Mark's behalf.  Here's the page for the event:  https://www.cnjfo.com/event-3376841 

Hope to see you there!

Rosey, VP

CNJFO

https://www.cnjfo.com 

Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses and outdoor

10 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

I'm hoping to head out there soon as well.

Let me know, I'm from Morris County also and have been there several times. It's a great facility. I've gone solo most of the time so it would be nice to shoot with someone else.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:11 PM, Smokin .50 said:

They take singles all day long.

I'm running a fundraiser there on Sunday August 11th for the Coalition of New jersey Firearm Owners.  Proceeds to help benefit our lawsuit fund >>> this one is for the Cheeseman CCW case that was filed just last week with the Supreme Court.  We're submitting an Amicus Brief on Mark's behalf.  Here's the page for the event:  https://www.cnjfo.com/event-3376841 

Hope to see you there!

Rosey, VP

CNJFO

https://www.cnjfo.com 

Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses and outdoor

8/11 sounds like a great day for a road trip and group outing.  If anyone from a hunterdon county is going let me know...I’d love to join you.

7 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

8/11 sounds like a great day for a road trip and group outing.  If anyone from a hunterdon county is going let me know...I’d love to join you.

We have folks from Hunterdon registered.

Hope to see you there on the 11th.  Squads are forming NOW, but you can still register as a single, double or triple!

Forgot to mention I'll be BRINGIN' BIRTHDAY CAKE TO CELEBRATE MY 60TH!  SO THERE WILL BE CAKE TOO!

Hope to see you & friends there!

Rosey

https://www.cnjfo.com/event-3376841

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature