samtechlan

Other non NFA options: Scorpions, MP5's, Sig MPX, Kriss Vector, diff AR's

It seems that our brothers in the Constitution State AKA Connecticut are way ahead of the curve.  The manufacturer below is putting together non-NFA versions of  almost every firearm out there.  I did not see a B&T APC but give them time I guess.  Any reason why these would not be NJ good right off the shelf?  I can't think of anything as they seem to be following the, by now, well known formula to a T. 

I tried to call them but they are on vacation all of July.  Must be doing well if you can take a month off.

https://www.redplanetarsenal.com/shop

33 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

1300 for a modified scorpion!

Thats really not bad.

Yes but when you try to add to cart it asks for modifications such as brace type, non nfa etc., which takes the price up by several hundred.  I think it's a bit misleading but it is what it is.

Why aren't NJ manufacturers doing this type of stuff?

3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

It seems that our brothers in the Constitution State AKA Connecticut are way ahead of the curve.  The manufacturer below is putting together non-NFA versions of  almost every firearm out there.  I did not see a B&T APC but give them time I guess.  Any reason why these would not be NJ good right off the shelf?  I can't think of anything as they seem to be following the, by now, well known formula to a T. 

I tried to call them but they are on vacation all of July.  Must be doing well if you can take a month off.

https://www.redplanetarsenal.com/shop

ATF opined that a brace does not count towards OAL if it's not required for the function of the firearm (ie buffer tube for AR platform). Most of those listed on that site are "pistols".

26 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

ATF opined that a brace does not count towards OAL if it's not required for the function of the firearm (ie buffer tube for AR platform). Most of those listed on that site are "pistols".

No if you look at their offered modifications the guns are available as either AOW NFA or non NFA firearms.  The non NFA firearm options are more than 26" without brace extended etc.  It seems that the CT position on non NFA mirrors the NJ one.  

Also note that on the DSI website their non-NFA firearms are good to go in CT and NJ but not NY, MASS and other Venezuela like states. 

35 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Below is the entry for Sig MPX showing both NFA and non NFA options.

CT legal PDW/AOW

Semi-automatic personal defense weapon

Compact, close quarters to 100 meters

Available in 9mm

Detachable magazine

Takes MPX mags

10rd mag, foregrip included

Ghost Ring sights included

Gen2 multi-caliber exchange system +$450

AOW and non-NFA versions available

AOW allows for telescoping brace, OAL <26in

Integrally suppressed and non-NFA versions available

non-NFA requires non-folding brace, OAL >26in

AOW requires $5 NFA tax stamp

Integrally suppressed version requires $200 NFA tax stamp

Barrels >12in

All federal and state laws apply

Custom built-to order with 3-5 week lead time

Sig MPX

$2,600.00Regular Price$2,200.00Sale Price

Barrel Modification

Select

NFA

Select

Quantity

ADD TO CART

Shipping

CT: Free shipping to your local FFL for non-NFA, or class 3 dealer if AOW for transfer and pickup.  Can also be picked up directly at our facility in Waterbury, CT by appointment.
Other lower 47 states where legal: $10 flat rate shipping for each firearm.
Alaska and Hawaii: $15
No international shipping

13 hours ago, samtechlan said:

Yes but when you try to add to cart it asks for modifications such as brace type, non nfa etc., which takes the price up by several hundred.  I think it's a bit misleading but it is what it is.

Why aren't NJ manufacturers doing this type of stuff?

How many NJ manufacturers do you think there are?