silverado427

Mr Ed signs a new smart gun law

From the article:

...." Murphy also signed three other measures aimed at stopping gun violence. One bill requires that the attorney general and health commissioner come up with a suicide prevention and training course for gun sellers. "

Is this really an epidemic in the state, that it requires a NEW law, because people are jumping through all the hoops to get a P2P,  just to kill themselves? Don't these people just step in front of a train instead?

....." Another bill restricts people convicted of serious crimes from buying firearms, as well as barring the sale of guns without a serial number. A fourth bill makes it a crime to solicit a gun from someone who is already legally disqualified from buying a weapon."

Just how stupid is it to pass NEW laws for laws that are already on the books?  and we pay these lawmakers salaries...

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

From the article:

...." Murphy also signed three other measures aimed at stopping gun violence. One bill requires that the attorney general and health commissioner come up with a suicide prevention and training course for gun sellers. "

Is this really an epidemic in the state, that it requires a NEW law, because people are jumping through all the hoops to get a P2P,  just to kill themselves? Don't these people just step in front of a train instead?.

If it were gun ranges I could almost see it given the suicides there reported in the last year. I still don’t think it warrants a law but at least that would target a specific, if small, problem.  Specifying gun sellers seems ridiculous for the reasons you state.  

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

If it were gun ranges I could almost see it given the suicides there reported in the last year. I still don’t think it warrants a law but at least that would target a specific, if small, problem.  Specifying gun sellers seems ridiculous for the reasons you state.  

That's the point, as usual, the politicians are passing laws dealing with extremely small, fringe issues. There's a lot of BIGGER issues that need to be addressed than educating gun dealers on suicide. I don't know the stats for how many people commit suicide right after buying a gun in the state, but I'll take a wild guess, and say you can count them on both hands, and have some fingers left over.... maybe even a whole hand...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Sniper said:

There's a lot of BIGGER issues that need to be addressed than educating gun dealers on suicide. 

You mean like this: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-passes-amendment-ordering-pentagon-to-investigate-whether-ticks-were-weaponized/

One of the more unusual amendments is one offered by New Jersey Republican Rep. Chris Smith to order the Pentagon inspector general to conduct a review about whether the military experimented with making ticks into biological weapons.

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

That's the point, as usual, the politicians are passing laws dealing with extremely small, fringe issues. There's a lot of BIGGER issues that need to be addressed than educating gun dealers on suicide.

Like my friggin' taxes, or the shitty roadways?

Dumb Dumbs electing Dumb Dumbs that make Dumb Laws and that force Dumb Shit on the People and additionally expand the Dumb Dumb constituent base. 

A smart gun is a gun in the hands of a responsible and capable American.

Can't we require smart laws and require politicians to get their pens that they sign them with serialized?   Can't that little troll Menendez find some room on one of his planes to take Murphy with him for a little while? Or Mayor Booger?

Lets all ponder with AVB on which dipshit to vote for.

Has there ever been a bigger fraud on the American people that what these people in government are doing?  None of these laws will do anything even close to what they say what the purpose of these laws.  

Smart guns?  How about his SP detail carry -nothing- but smart guns?

Suicide education for gun dealers?  It’s impossible to even take that seriously.

Yelling at these people saying their laws won’t stop people from killing anyone or themselves is what is actually dumb.  They -know- these laws do nothing about their  manufactured “gun violence” issue.  They aren’t passing this crap to stop a single crime.  They are doing it to disarm us.  An inch at a time.  The optic of pretend gun violence solutions is just a bonus. 

And there is where the fraud sits.  And they know it and do this crap with a smile on their face. 

Don't know if everyone saw the article about how the US "shot down" an Iranian drone that was threatening a U.S. Navy ship.  In reality, the drone was not literally shot.  Its frequency was jammed causing it to crash.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-says-u-s-navy-ship-shot-down-iranian-drone-n1031451

Does anyone doubt for a minute that bad actors, including the government, would use similar technology to disable smart guns when they wanted to?  Forget the expense, forget the potential unreliability.  To me, the ability to readily disable them is the scariest thing about smart guns, as it completely defeats the purpose of the Second Amendment. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, silverado427 said:

He’s now on record for planning what we feared:  repeal the 2002 law and require FFLs to display a SG. Once the market catches on, reintroduce the 2002 law, FOR THE CHILDREN, and effective ban all handguns. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Hmmm...

I had a very short thought of Murphy trying to split the gun owners in New Jersey by offering a concealed carry permit to anyone who purchases a smart gun.

However, they passed so many redundant laws on the carry permit issue that it would be hard for this blue state to change or repeal.

Second however, Murply knows he has the supermajority already without tempting gun owners.

Short thought over.

Excuse my French, but are there any legislators with both common sense AND "balls" still left in this state? If so, I'd love to see one of the 2A groups encourage him/her/or them to introduce a bill ASAP (and KEEP introducing it, even if it doesn't pass... keep it on the books) that would require ALL state-level security details (Murphy's personal NJSP detail, the people who guard our reps in Trenton, etc.) to hew to the same exact legislative standards placed on citizens. (If it's 10 rounds max for ME, it's 10 rounds for YOU. Smart gun for ME, smart gun for YOU, too, Guvna).

If Murphy's such a "believer" in this untested technology, well then, he should be willing to stake his own life on it and the lives of his family members, staff and colleagues - not just my life and yours! If nothing else, it would put the utter hypocrisy and arrogance of our politicians on full display... and make for some very bad optics. Why WAIT for this shit to hit the fan? We know it's coming. We should at least make it as painful as possible for the other side.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, 45Doll said:

Am I missing something or are three of the six redundant and repetitive?

You are correct.

This is nothing new in the Democrat mindset.  It reminds me of Janet Reno asking for more gun laws after Colombine.  A reporter asked her, "What do you say to the people who say just enforce the laws we already have".

Reno's response?

"It doesn't matter if we enforce them or not we need more gun laws".  This coming from the AG?

Democrats long ago stopped doing anything meaningful.  They just do stuff to look like they're doing something.

11 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Mr Ed's out of the country however the acting Gov manages to pass 3 gun related bills.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jersey-enacts-3-gun-violence-201908883.html

Yahoo news kept repeatedly blocking me from reading the article after 8 seconds or so, but I think I got a basic understanding.   It sounds like the state government perceives that shooters in New Jersey have poor aim, in that at least one of these bills has to do with protecting prople who have already been shot at.  At least that is my interpretation of people who are in fear of so called gun violence retaliation.  I really wish they would call this what it is....gang violence, but they won't. 

The best hospital defense plan is useless against a shooter if the hospital is a gun free zone.  I know......preaching to the choir....

On 7/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, Old Glock guy said:

Don't know if everyone saw the article about how the US "shot down" an Iranian drone that was threatening a U.S. Navy ship.  In reality, the drone was not literally shot.  Its frequency was jammed causing it to crash.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-says-u-s-navy-ship-shot-down-iranian-drone-n1031451

Does anyone doubt for a minute that bad actors, including the government, would use similar technology to disable smart guns when they wanted to?  Forgot the expense, forgot the potential unreliability.  To me, the ability to readily disable them is the scariest thing about smart guns, as it completely defeats the purpose of the Second Amendment. 

THIS is the real strategic danger and endgame with smart guns.  Issues such as their lack of reliability (while valid) are a distraction from the real issue, which is  the complete rendering of the 2nd Amendment into a state of impotence. Just words on a piece of paper.  I am referring to the future ability of the government to know AND CONTROL (ie deactivate) the firing of every single  round of ammunition that is fired.  And they won’t need the drone jamming technology mentioned above to do it.  Commonplace existing  technologies such as cellular, GPS, big data analytics, etc can do the job.   Yes, Smart Gun “Version 1”, will be relatively crude. However, with each successive version(e.g. 2,3,4,5,6,......->N) more functionality and CONTROL points will be added.  As an IT professional, I could easily detail out what I think  that feature progression would look like and the roadmap to achieve it, but I dare not, lest my thoughts are used to architect our own demise. 

Rest assured(be forewarned ) that by Version “N”, the government will be in a position to control the firing of every single round of ammunition from a smart gun  in the United States.  That my friends is the real danger and their endgame. Enabling the complete control over firearm usage, effectively gutting the 2nd Amendment, and opening the door to unrestrained tyranny. 

14 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Mr Ed's out of the country however the acting Gov manages to pass 3 gun related bills.

NJ is barely aware of even having a Lt. Governor.   I'll bet not one voter in 10,000 could name her.

Yet she emerges from obscurity for this one thing...

On 8/5/2019 at 7:50 PM, silverado427 said:

A law requiring hospitals to have a plan to prevent gang bangers who missed the first time from coming into the hospital to finish the job......or from the gang banger who got shot, from leaving the hospital and shooting the gang banger who shot them.

Oh.......right.       Good luck with that Mrs. Lt. Governor.  Whoever the hell you are.

Insanity.

• Haha 1