silverado427

Top Gun 2 Trailer

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I wonder where they found one for the movie?  I hear Iran still has a few with low air miles. 

They sold them to Iran before their Islamic revolution.  We obviously regret it now. 

I cant believe they still are able to fly them.  Besides the fact we stopped making parts, with the sanctions and all we are not furnishing parts to our mortal enemy.

The movie guys must have gotten permission to redeploy a mothballed f14 - they retired then ‘06.

21 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Ugh, they are going to make us wait another year?

And wow, Ed Harris got reallly old looking... hopefully they did not make him look older than he is.

They did make him look older!  Really older!

Here's a June 2019 pic!

13-ed-harris.w330.h330.jpg

13 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

I cant believe they still are able to fly them.  Besides the fact we stopped making parts, with the sanctions and all we are not furnishing parts to our mortal enemy

I don’t think Iran has been able to fly them for decades, for the reason you gave. 

• Agree 1

Forget that clown from Risky Business... Here we go....

Maybe I can see both.

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

The IceMan has seen better days, too.

Image result for val kilmer

Isn't that Bill Maher?

Rambo isn't Rocky.

9 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Val Kilmer looks like a bad photoshop. Was he taking HGH? His head looks way too big for his body. 

He's recovering from throat cancer. HE also had a couple other health problems prior to that to help out too. 

Also most celebrities have big heads and are shorter. 

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

He's recovering from throat cancer. HE also had a couple other health problems prior to that to help out too. 

Also most celebrities have big heads and are shorter. 

I'm still pulling my foot out of my mouth. Poor guy. Apparently it's been a long road to recovery for him and he doesn't appear in public very much from what I read. 

The angle of the picture makes the shot very unflattering. 

14 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I wonder where they found one for the movie?  I hear Iran still has a few with low air miles. 

Pretty cool article.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-iconic-f-14-tomcat-returns-aboard-a-u-s-navy-aircraft-carrier-for-top-gun-maverick/

Looks like the F-14 was from the San Diego Air and Space Museum and loaded onto CVN-71 USS Theodore Roosevelt.

It also looks like Cruise will be flying an F18 himself in some shots.

Some of the filming was done on CVN-72 The USS Abraham Lincoln. One of my guys was a yellow shirt on that ship - pretty sure I’ll be going to see this in theaters with him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Pretty cool article.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-iconic-f-14-tomcat-returns-aboard-a-u-s-navy-aircraft-carrier-for-top-gun-maverick/

Looks like the F-14 was from the San Diego Air and Space Museum and loaded onto CVN-71 USS Theodore Roosevelt.

It also looks like Cruise will be flying an F18 himself in some shots.

Some of the filming was done on CVN-72 The USS Abraham Lincoln. One of my guys was a yellow shirt on that ship - pretty sure I’ll be going to see this in theaters with him.

I'd posted the trailer to a pilot forum yesterday; one of the former military pilots said the face-on shots of Cruise in the cockpit must have had him in the rear seat of an F-18 F variant.

He also observed that to get permission to use Navy aircraft in the low-level flight sequences shown, the production company must have gotten "waivers from God".

1 hour ago, 10X said:

I'd posted the trailer to a pilot forum yesterday; one of the former military pilots said the face-on shots of Cruise in the cockpit must have had him in the rear seat of an F-18 F variant.

He also observed that to get permission to use Navy aircraft in the low-level flight sequences shown, the production company must have gotten "waivers from God".

The dual-seat F makes sense. I’d imagine even if the Navy was willing let Cruise fly the plane, I doubt they’d be willing to let him fly solo. 

1 hour ago, 10X said:

That makes sense. He does look pretty close to the wings/far back on some of those shots.