Bully

ZEV Modular Build Kit - Hmmmmmmmmm...

2 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I have a complete OZ9 if you want to play with.

What's the question?  

You're a bit far.

Considering buying and building.  

How do you like it?  Any significant recoil reduction over a poly-Glock?  Smooth?  Any issues with it so far?  

6 minutes ago, Bully said:

You're a bit far.

Considering buying and building.  

How do you like it?  Any significant recoil reduction over a poly-Glock?  Smooth?  Any issues with it so far?  

I am not a huge Glock fan, but yes, I really like it, and enough to shoot USPSA Production with it over my CZ.

Much flatter shooting than typical 17, etc.

Keep in mind, it does not work well, currently, with OEM 10 round Glock mags, so use the 10 round magpul mags.  No issues with standard capacity mags.

Have about 1,000 rounds through the gun, a lot of which with a suppressor.  Have not cleaned yet, mostly reliable... a few quirks but that was largely due to suppressor use and getting the gun really really dirty.

Basically, the frame will work with any Gen 3 glock slide.

I have videos of shooting it but not a complete review yet... 

large.ZevOZ9-16.jpglarge.ZevOZ9-12.jpglarge.ZevOZ9-9.jpglarge.ZevOZ9-3.jpglarge.ZevOZ9-6.jpg

10 hours ago, Maksim said:

Much flatter shooting than typical 17, etc.

Why would it shoot flatter?   Given the same barrel length and ammo, wouldn't the velocities be essentially the same?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 10X said:

Why would it shoot flatter?   Given the same barrel length and ammo, wouldn't the velocities be essentially the same?  

8 hours ago, Bully said:

I believe he's talking about the gun staying flatter on the shot.  Not that the ammo is flying flatter.  

Yes... I meant the gun staying flatter. =)

Less muzzle rise as you have a full length steel frame and solid guiderod in the slide. 

My MBK is in OGAM jail at my FFL.  I've seen it and it is sweet.  

Please chime in:  I'm looking for a slide for the pistol.  I'm open to suggestions.  I've looked at the ZEV stuff and it's a bit fancy for me although that may be the direction I decide to go, ultimately.  But, I'm looking for suggestions.  Who's got some?  

13 hours ago, Bully said:

My MBK is in OGAM jail at my FFL.  I've seen it and it is sweet.  

Please chime in:  I'm looking for a slide for the pistol.  I'm open to suggestions.  I've looked at the ZEV stuff and it's a bit fancy for me although that may be the direction I decide to go, ultimately.  But, I'm looking for suggestions.  Who's got some?  

What are you looking to do with the slide?  Good thing is, the Gen 3 slides are fairly common.

I really do like the slide that came on OZ9... not too gaudy and functional.   Again, completely open if you want to come try mine out.  And have a video of it coming out soon.  Shot it in USPSA match... no issues with the gun.  Mags... yes. lol. 

7 hours ago, Maksim said:

What are you looking to do with the slide?  Good thing is, the Gen 3 slides are fairly common.

I will be shooting it at Tenafly, so local club level matches.  I'm wanting to put it into the Carry Optics box.  No magwell, no comp.  I'll run a Vortex Venom on top or possibly an SRO although I don't know if I can justify the price.  

5 hours ago, Bully said:

I will be shooting it at Tenafly, so local club level matches.  I'm wanting to put it into the Carry Optics box.  No magwell, no comp.  I'll run a Vortex Venom on top or possibly an SRO although I don't know if I can justify the price.  

Looking for a 17, 34 or 19 sized slide?

If 19... then I suppose something is coming from the folks that made the modular build kit. ;)

17 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Looking for a 17, 34 or 19 sized slide?

If 19... then I suppose something is coming from the folks that made the modular build kit. ;)

The frame is a standard, ie: 17, size.  So I'm looking to put a 17 size slide on it.  

3 hours ago, Bully said:

I would say “yes” to that idea. 

Yeah but you're an enabler and I'm weak  :).  I ordered one.from Omaha outdoors for 364.80.  Not bad at all. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Yeah but you're an enabler and I'm weak  :).  I ordered one.from Omaha outdoors for 364.80.  Not bad at all. 

Well, yeah. 

If you wanted balanced advice you wouldn’t ask on here. But you already know that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bully said:

Well, yeah. 

If you wanted balanced advice you wouldn’t ask on here. But you already know that. 

Yes.....yes I do know that.