david8613

Canik TP9SFX, is such a nice gun!

Canik TP9SFX, is such a nice gun! Especially for the price! I picked this baby up with the vortex venom as a package new for just 530.00! Finish is clean, controls, grip texture is really good and feel in hand is really nice. Looks heavy for its size but its very light. Build is high quality not cheap feeling at all. Good looking gun especially in person. The trigger is incredible it actually feels a little nicer, crisper and lighter than my cz p10c trigger. I was gonna get the fde version it looks very nice in that finish, but I couldn't do it, I'm a scarey black gun type of guy, but this tungsten grey looks good, and tasteful. I Will take her to the range asap and being back a report. I wanna thank tier one defense for another flawless transfer and handling compliance work. 

20190717_211523.jpg

20190717_214417.jpg

20190717_211535.jpg

20190717_214359.jpg

20190717_214410.jpg

20190717_214521.jpg

20190717_214423.jpg

20190717_214430.jpg

20190717_214603.jpg

Screenshot_20190717-214800_Gallery.jpg

20190717_214350.jpg

Build quality is a lot better nowadays from Turkish manufacturers.

Only downsides are 1. Turkish... (are you okay buying Turkish?)  and 2. Will they be there in 5 years to stand behind the guns?  Part of what why you are paying less for it is that it is not a Ruger, Smith & Wesson or Glock... companies that have been there and will take care of you, even if you are not the original owner of the gun.

41 minutes ago, SJG said:

They have a massive recall posted on their homepage

Wow!   They screw up and manufacture a gun that once dropped, the internals can get screwed up and the gun becomes unsafe!  Keep dropping it and it will go off on it's own.  But the owner must give a credit card and pay shipping charges, plus...

Note: Residents of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland, Indiana, California, Connecticut, Washington (State), Washington DC, Hawaii and Illinois are required to return firearms through an FFL holder.

That is a further expense and more aggravation. 

Recall (actually, "Voluntary Upgrade") is from Sep. 2017.  Pistols manufactured after that point have the upgrade parts..

@david8613 , check to see if your serial # is affected:

https://www.centuryarms.com/canik-upgrade/

From my read it takes repeated drops to damage the internals to the point where it might discharge on a subsequent drop.

• Agree 1