Mrs. Peel

POTUS in Joisey again?

I was startled out of my cozy sleep this morning by absolutely ferocious jet engine noises (I'm in Hunterdon County along the 78 corridor). At first, in my punch-drunk sleepy haze, it was hard to place what the sound actually was... but it was TREMENDOUSLY loud... OMG, indescribable really. It brought a ton of neighbors out of their houses, looking around, peering up at the skies anxiously. We couldn't see anything due to the tree line, but DAMN, the noise alone really got everyone's attention! It sounded like the apocalypse was starting right here in my sleepy little town, lol.

I don't remember hearing about his schedule, but I'm presuming Trump is in NJ for the weekend, at his golf course? Because this happened once before when he was in the area - several military jets flying overhead throughout the day - but the neighbors all seem to agree, it was not nearly as loud as today's passes were. Either it was a different kind of jet flying today - or - they must have been flying unusually low, is all I can guess. Maybe one of you knows more?

So much for sleeping in on a Saturday! :D Oh... and good morning, all!! Stay inside today - it's going to be a hot one.

Yep, he's  here.  TFR (temporary flight restriction) in place Friday afternoon through Sunday.   Somebody strayed in without clearance and got intercepted.  They will be held wherever they land until the Secret Service can have a chat with them.  Then the FAA will step in for the discussion of whether or not their pilot's certificate will be suspended for a time.   Somebody is having a bad day...

They scramble a coast guard helo based at Somerset first, if it's a light plane and comparatively slow, but quickly back it up with a pair of fighters  if the situation isn't resolved rapidly. 

• Thanks 1

I missed this this time, but being under 7 miles from the golf course, I have had more than a few views of F15s, F16s, and F35 or 22s (and pretty sure an F18 once, which obviously surprised me) doing loops over my house. I am used to jets, some pretty loud, but a fighter is just a totally different sound. That rumble...and you hear it for a hell of a long time.

8 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

I missed this this time, but being under 7 miles from the golf course, I have had more than a few views of F15s, F16s, and F35 or 22s (and pretty sure an F18 once, which obviously surprised me) doing loops over my house. I am used to jets, some pretty loud, but a fighter is just a totally different sound. That rumble...and you hear it for a hell of a long time.

Muscle!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

I saw AF1 fly into Morristown. Right over my backyard. Big plane for a small airport. Even though it wasn't the full size AF1.

Yeah, definitely don't fly the 747 into MMU, but believe they do fly the 757 in there.

4 hours ago, sota said:

betting it was F16's.

I believe Paul was talking about where he is in the Phoenix area.

18 minutes ago, njpilot said:

Yeah, definitely don't fly the 747 into MMU, but believe they do fly the 757 in there.

I believe Paul was talking about where he is in the Phoenix area.

Yes.

Luke AFB now has 85 F-35s, well en route to its planned full complement of 144, and the base in January reached a milestone of more than 1,000 flights from the base in one month.

I would have thought F16’s out of McGuire. See em over my house now and then.  We are 20 north of McGuire.

I don’t ever want to see an F-anything along side me.  Although it would be cool for like...5 seconds.....that would be the start of a really bad day.