Krdshrk

NJGF Shotgun Shootout - July 27th

Sadly, I had to miss this one too, and it's all Zeke's fault..  Here I am, slaving away at home working on my kitchen remodel while @Zeke is out there having fun shooting clays.  It should be me out there shooting clays, and Zeke here slaving away in my kitchen.  I mean, he's the construction expert, people should stick to what they are best at, hence, why it should be me out there busting clays.

19 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Sadly, I had to miss this one too, and it's all Zeke's fault..  Here I am, slaving away at home working on my kitchen remodel while @Zeke is out there having fun shooting clays.  It should be me out there shooting clays, and Zeke here slaving away in my kitchen.  I mean, he's the construction expert, people should stick to what they are best at, hence, why it should be me out there busting clays.

I find this logic strangely satisfying. 

• Haha 1

I was up all night with the baby. Poor guy is teething and has a stomach bug. I went to bed around 445, so there was no way I was making it to Clinton for 9am. Hope everyone had a blast!

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Lemme guess.... you still haven’t found your mags

I did find the mags. 

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I was up all night with the baby. Poor guy is teething and has a stomach bug. I went to bed around 445, so there was no way I was making it to Clinton for 9am. Hope everyone had a blast!

I did find the mags. 

Dude... you were supposed to bring some fancy space gun so I could bust clays! Even a little girl made fun of my misses

figured out what's wrong with my thrower.
bad motor.

after tearing the whole thing apart, I opened the "gearbox" to watch and see if it was skipping.  I can hold the throwing arm and stop everything visible from spinning, including the driveshaft coming out of the motor.

Swell.

ETA: motor assembly is $60.

I don't like that.

33 minutes ago, TShirtNinja said:

figured out what's wrong with my thrower.
bad motor.

after tearing the whole thing apart, I opened the "gearbox" to watch and see if it was skipping.  I can hold the throwing arm and stop everything visible from spinning, including the driveshaft coming out of the motor.

Swell.

ETA: motor assembly is $60.

I don't like that.

$60... might be time for a new unit instead.

3 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I did find the mags. 

Is that your second?  With the second, the teething and all is a lot less pain in the ass... have another. =P

And the correct answer is... you stay up.... you go shoot, then go home, and crash in bed. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Is that your second?  With the second, the teething and all is a lot less pain in the ass... have another. =P

And the correct answer is... you stay up.... you go shoot, then go home, and crash in bed. 

just make sure you don't mess up the order. :D

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Yes our second and last. 

It's the driving an hour each way on no sleep I have an issue with. 

giphy (3).gif

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

Dude... you were supposed to bring some fancy space gun so I could bust clays! Even a little girl made fun of my misses

It's a phased plasma shotgun in the 40 watt range. 

1 hour ago, TShirtNinja said:

if you posted that because it said $160 on the site, it redirects to amazon which is currently $240

Ha ha... oopsie

3 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

It's a phased plasma shotgun in the 40 watt range. 

But will it help me hit clays 

4 hours ago, TShirtNinja said:

Anyone got a source on a champion unit in the sub $200 range, that's worth a damn?

"Renewed" one is $215 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RVN4TWV/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

New is $230 from Cabelas https://www.cabelas.com/product/BUSHNELL-UTDOOR-PRO-WHEELYBIRD-W-UPGRADE/2958817.uts?slotId=1

Don't you have a bunch of Cabelas GC?