Greenday

Full Round Stuck in Barrel

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

And it's THAT attitude that will cause disastrous results, resulting in your death or disfigurement, or worse, hurting someone else on the range when you have a mishap.

As a reloader, YOU are the only quality control person involved with that ammo. An inflated ego is a sure way to have a life-altering problem.

As I said before, reloading, especially high pressure rifle rounds, is not for everyone. It takes time and caution. Your money may very well be much better spent buying factory ammo. That way, there are some deeper pockets (the ammo manufacturer's liability carrier) to fall back on if a kaboom occurs.

No, it's not. The problem had nothing to do with pressure. I knew it then and I know that now. They weren't high pressure rounds. Knowing now that the issue was just the shoulder, it would have been fine. Experienced loaders I know say the same thing. But I didn't do it at the time because I didn't know the exact issue. There's a difference between not knowing the actual issue and trying to force it work and knowing the exact issue and knowing what the effects of it will cause.

You still don't get it.

.223 Rem IS A HIGH PRESSURE ROUND

50,000 PSI is nothing to be trifled with when you don't know what the f*ck you're doing.

Do yourself a favor - buy and use factory ammo. The life you save may well be your own.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

You still don't get it.

.223 Rem IS A HIGH PRESSURE ROUND

50,000 PSI is nothing to be trifled with when you don't know what the f*ck you're doing.

Do yourself a favor - buy and use factory ammo. The life you save may well be your own.

Or, I'll just keep reloading, because I'm doing fine and have decent people to learn new things from. Not guys who act pompous and tell you to quit the first mistake you make, trying to make themselves feel superior.

• Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

To paraphrase an age-old adage:

You can lead a fool toward safety, but you can't make him save himself.

It's like telling someone who did a bad parallel parking job they shouldn't drive because you are treating them like they were traveling 100 mph down a side street side swiping cars. Gross overexaggeration.

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

It's like telling someone who did a bad parallel parking job they shouldn't drive because you are treating them like they were traveling 100 mph down a side street side swiping cars. Gross overexaggeration.

Apples to hammers. When was the last time someone died because of a parallel parking mistake?

Do parallel parkers travel at 3300 feet per second EVERY time?

48 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Well, we tried 

It's a good thing his wife is an attorney, he'll need her to defend him and get him out of jail when he kills or injures someone.

2 minutes ago, Greenday said:

I mean, you really didn't. I asked for advice and mostly all I got was "Piss off, quit".

I'm still very unclear as to what the problem was or is.  If your cases pass the gauge test, and bullet depth is set according to your chamber measurements? how on earth could you possibly have problems?

Perhaps you should stick with loading to max COAL as specified in loading data.

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

When was the last time someone died because of a parallel parking mistake?

Apparently June 19, 2016:

Death[edit]

On June 19, 2016, Yelchin was found pinned between his Jeep Grand Cherokee and a brick pillar outside his house in Studio City, California, the victim of what was described as a "freak accident".[32][33] As Yelchin got out of his car, the vehicle apparently rolled back down his driveway, which was on a steep incline, and trapped him against the pillar and a security fence.[34]The Los Angeles County Coroner's office identified the cause of death as "blunt traumatic asphyxia" and stated that there were "no obvious suspicious circumstances involved".[35][36] He died at the age of 27.

48 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I'm still very unclear as to what the problem was or is.  If your cases pass the gauge test, and bullet depth is set according to your chamber measurements? how on earth could you possibly have problems?

Perhaps you should stick with loading to max COAL as specified in loading data.

Yea, that's what I've been doing. Seems to be working well.

Reading through this thread , and being new here, Im thinking wow these guys are real mean to this guy. But then I saw he swings left so I guess its justified

Curious though you mentioned it was stuck in the barrel in the beginning. Do you mean it was a poorly sized case stuck in the chamber?  I rarely case gauge maybe once every couple hundred rounds while loading. Ive had some bad loads over the years and even the worst ones, if you put some pressure on the charge handle and bounce the rifle on the bench it usually pops right out. If you cant take the gun apart this is the safest way. Just keep it aimed upward in the general direction of downrange. Seek help from a RO if your range has one if you need to do this.

51 minutes ago, George Yetka said:

Curious though you mentioned it was stuck in the barrel in the beginning. Do you mean it was a poorly sized case stuck in the chamber?  I rarely case gauge maybe once every couple hundred rounds while loading. Ive had some bad loads over the years and even the worst ones, if you put some pressure on the charge handle and bounce the rifle on the bench it usually pops right out. If you cant take the gun apart this is the safest way. Just keep it aimed upward in the general direction of downrange. Seek help from a RO if your range has one if you need to do this.

That's correct. It's also possible the OAL was too long for the bullet I was using.