MichaelDiggs

VP9 not catching magazine

I have a VP9 that's about 2 years old. I've shot hundreds and hundreds through it and clean it every time after I come home from the range, as I do all my guns. Funny thing started to happen with my VP9. All my 15 round mags ( which right now stay in my home and have to get pinned ) do not catch to hold the slide back. All my 10 round magazine's work just fine. These are all OEM, made by H&K. Visually all of the magazine's look the same and have no damage, but it just happens on the 15 round ones which is odd. I did make a video and will put the link in the post so you can see what I mean. Remember, the gun is always clean, lubed just a little, and fires great. Any ideas?

The site won't let me embed the video, so I can only post the URL.

http://www.diggsnet.com/vp9magissue.mp4

Sorry, I fell asleep before I could upload the video. The link should work now.

25 minutes ago, MichaelDiggs said:

I have a VP9 that's about 2 years old. I've shot hundreds and hundreds through it and clean it every time after I come home from the range, as I do all my guns. Funny thing started to happen with my VP9. All my 15 round mags ( which right now stay in my home and have to get pinned ) do not catch to hold the slide back. All my 10 round magazine's work just fine. These are all OEM, made by H&K. Visually all of the magazine's look the same and have no damage, but it just happens on the 15 round ones which is odd. I did make a video and will put the link in the post so you can see what I mean. Remember, the gun is always clean, lubed just a little, and fires great. Any ideas?

The site won't let me embed the video, so I can only post the URL.

http://www.diggsnet.com/vp9magissue.mp4

Link no worky

take slide off. Insert both mags and observe 

20 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

If not you can now expect a visit from phil murphys buddies.

Mike is fine!  His mags are with mine at my brother's house in PA. They are in boxes in his garage though....I need to get a vacuum sealer before they rust away to nothing! Thanks for the reminder!

Give me a shout in the morning after Church Mike! I'm going to bed now.

First off, all my mags that have not been pinned to 10 rounds are at my Dad's place who just moved to Delaware. Not too far from me either. I was actually jealous when he moved!!

Since I only use the mags down at my dad's house the 15's and 10's really do get the same usage and bullets through them. I checked the followers on all of them and did not notice any exceptional wear and tear. I actually wish I did find something out of the ordinary. I can always send it to H&K from my Dad's place so there's no issues on sending or receiving. Just so they can take a look at it and make sure it is operating the way it should be. Never made any modifications or anything and it is usually a higher priced pistol since I heard H&K makes really good stuff. I guess I'll figure out what I'm gonna do. Thanks for all the responses. Sorry for the crappy video.