W2MC

We are leaving.....

48 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Congrats. Sometimes I feel like they want us to leave.

we should all leave, have everyone here be Blue no red at all and see where the state is in 5-10 years. 

I've got about 5-6 years before I feel like I can leave, need the kids to finish school.

Beware!  The kids will finish school, fall in love, get married, buy a home in the PRNJ and have kids........YOU ARE STUCK HERE FOREVER! You must leave now while you are still in control of the situation!

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Beware!  The kids will finish school, fall in love, get married, buy a home in the PRNJ and have kids........YOU ARE STUCK HERE FOREVER!

Told my wife we're gone when there done. 

If they want to stay in PRNJ then, They could come visit me, if the wife wants to stay she can drive down with the kids.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Yes, literally every list I've ever looked at online has NJ ranked higher than PA for public schools and I've looked at several.

You are looking at the propaganda lists. My brother has a visually impaired son, the program in east brunswick high is crap compared to what he got in Sarasota. 

My other brothers son was in nj stars, they hardly paid for any of the college courses. My son in FL took college classes for free in his senior year hs, almost knocked his first year of college out. 

You people are delusional if your staying for that reason.  The only thing nj schools produce are libs

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

Does anyone really believe the schools in PA are not as good as NJ?

Your being sold the NJEA Bullsh!t...

Very true..

It's NOT the schools, it's the STUDENTS that make the difference.

Good students will excel in any school. Crappy students will struggle in any school. The school itself has no bearing, specially in grade school.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SW9racer said:

You are looking at the propaganda lists. My brother has a visually impaired son, the program in east brunswick high is crap compared to what he got in Sarasota. 

My other brothers son was in nj stars, they hardly paid for any of the college courses. My son in FL took college classes for free in his senior year hs, almost knocked his first year of college out. 

You people are delusional if your staying for that reason.  The only thing nj schools produce are libs

Lmao, I don't even live in NJ anymore, I move to New Hampshire and one of the reasons was because of the great school sysyems. Can you provide a list of state rankings. 

So my sister in law lives in Fountain Hill PA. She has to send her kid to private school because the public schools are full of gangs. In fact not one cop from the fountian hill police dept sendstheir kid to public school because the schools are terrible. 

Can you provide any state ranking based on school systems that are not "propaganda lists" as you call them 

I believe from my research one can find good schools in every state but overall NJ has one of the best public school.systems in the country. Yes it's very slanted towards liberals but it's still good. 

NJ education system has been Dumbing down it's students, for the past 20 years.

Ask a recent Grad the capitol of Ks. What years was WWII.

What caused the American Revolution  and where did it start?

Show them a map of the world and ask them to point to France.

Metuchen, NJ the "Brainy Borough" was surpassed by JP Stevens 15 years ago, yet those people still think otherwise.

The only people boasting about NJ Government schools are the people getting a piece of the Billion$ that washes thru it. Realtors are the best liars in the Government education that the NJEA has.

Some of you bought in and some didn't.

1455576218_headsuptheirass.jpg.e3e3dd999c0c1b7308b422ce63125451.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

NJ education system has been Dumbing down it's students, for the past 20 years.

Ask a recent Grad the capitol of Ks. What years was WWII.

What caused the American Revolution  and where did it start?

Show them a map of the world and ask them to point to France.

Metuchen, NJ the "Brainy Borough" was surpassed by JP Stevens 15 years ago, yet those people still think otherwise.

The only people boasting about NJ Government schools are the people getting a piece of the Billion$ that washes thru it. Realtors are the best liars in the Government education that the NJEA has.

Some of you bought in and some didn't.

1455576218_headsuptheirass.jpg.e3e3dd999c0c1b7308b422ce63125451.jpg

So do you have any proof or are you just spouting your opinion without any proof  as facts like you normally do?

3 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Do your own research.

I lived there.

How typical of you. I have done my own research and as I said every list I've seen has NJ over PA and I've lived in both states 

Typical of you, you're still jackass. But I do give you credit for getting out of NJ.

SAT SCORES

JP STEVENS HIGH SCHOOL

https://www.greatschools.org/new-jersey/edison/478-J-P-Stevens-High-School/

Metuchen High school

https://www.greatschools.org/new-jersey/metuchen/1142-Metuchen-High-School/

Tax rate of Edison is 40% LOWER than Metuchen.

654 Kids to pay for running their own high school and all it's all of it's programs is typical of NJ it should be consolidated. At one time Metuchen was a superior school and that's how it was justified, those days are long gone....

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Beware!  The kids will finish school, fall in love, get married, buy a home in the PRNJ and have kids........YOU ARE STUCK HERE FOREVER! 

It's a risk, but not a certainty.  My wife, before I'd even met her, had been telling her girls to go to college outside of NJ, and never move back.   A tough thing for her to say (she's a NJ native), and the 2nd amendment wasn't even on her radar.  Her reasons were high taxes, low quality of life, overcrowding, and govt corruption.   I'm an unhappy transplant to NJ, and I'd been independently coaching my son in the same way.  Now two of the kids have finished college and settled in other states, and I'd suspect the chances are good that the youngest will do the same once she is out of college.   And my wife and I are moving to a western state in 4 years, at retirement.

• Like 2

Typical of you, you're still jackass. But I do give you credit for getting out of NJ.

SAT SCORES

JP STEVENS HIGH SCHOOL

Metuchen High school

654 Kids to pay for running their own high school and all it's all of it's programs is typical of NJ it should be consolidated. At one time Metuchen was a superior school and that's how it was justified, those days are long gone....

The attached rankings are from NJ Monthly. My wife's friend is a special education director and stated those are the rankings they look at. I believe they are based on academic factors and don't give bonus points for demographics & income status like other school rating sites such as "Great Schools". 

The other factor is the elementary school for where you live. Elizabeth H.S. is highly ranked,  but Number 1, George Washington Elementary School has a 1 out of 10 rating from G.S. 

Screenshot_20190730-092301_Dropbox.jpg

We have gangs here, moo...err...too. 

546f5fe8c5b8c.jpg

2 hours ago, fishnut said:

I have done my own research and as I said every list I've seen has NJ over PA and I've lived in both states 

Are those the same lists that said Hillary was going to win, too?

Common Core public education program brought to by the Kenyon

The thought was to make it fair for Jamal and Shenaynay to be taught the same as Michael and Jane.

This meant dumbing down the suburban schools not lifting up the urban schools.

NJ being of such Liberal mind set, stepped right  in line.

Free States threw it right out..

and NO fishnuts I am not going to do any research on my post....

I'm going to run the risk of sounding like Miss Bossy Britches (eh, so what's new, right? LOL)… but I'd like to say that each time I see one of these "leaving NJ" threads, I wonder: Just how much do the gun owners that leave NJ really appreciate their newfound freedoms? More to the point: how hard will they fight to keep them? Will they attend a rallies in their new home state? Join local 2A org(s)? Donate time/money to 2A causes? Write letters to the editor? Call local politicians? Participate in election activities (canvassing, etc.)?

A lot of NJ folks have grown apathetic due to the daunting "numbers" in NJ. But, I think it's critically important for everyone who leaves - particularly if they have been apathetic - to not allow that apathy to follow them to the next location. Every gun owner who leaves this state is a potential 2A Ambassador with a unique first-hand knowledge of just how overbearing, tyrannical and freedom-stripping a state government can actually get! You should make it your mission to spread that warning to anyone who'll listen! I hope you'll not ONLY vote, but that you'll either be active in local politics, or be active with local 2A groups - or both - and that you'll get engaged as soon as you move - if not ahead of time! Do NOT get a sense of false security. It would be too easy to get distracted with your shiny new toys - your bigger mags, maybe a new silencer or two... but that would be incredibly short-sighted.

This country is undergoing cultural upheaval right now. Make no mistake, there is a mighty wave building of people who are well-organized, well-funded, but also fundamentally ignorant of history, and not afraid to push out misleading statistics... and they are working very diligently to dismiss and disparage the inherent brilliance of the Bill of Rights... and to strip away them away from ALL of us.  You should fight EVEN HARDER when you get to your new state IMO. I sincerely hope you give that some thought! (Oh, and of course, you should be fighting while you're still here, too! Do I even need to say that?)

Anyway, not trying to hijack the thread... it's just something I really hope you all consider carefully if you've moved recently or are in the planning phase! I hear so much on here from the escapees about - "ooo, I love it here... I bought this new toy!... or I joined this great range". What I don't see is a lot of people reporting on what they're doing to KEEP their new state as free as possible. That worries me! Stay vigilant, no matter where you are.

- Miss Bossy Britches, over and out! :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 7/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, 45Doll said:

Hey... never mind that pork roll. Let's have some

41DMnpcE9NL.jpg!!!

mmm a nice hot slice of scrapple. Nothing like food that looks like you are eating a dirty scotch brite pad. 

31 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm going to run the risk of sounding like Miss Bossy Britches (eh, so what's new, right? LOL)… but I'd like to say that each time I see one of these "leaving NJ" threads, I wonder: Just how much do the gun owners that leave NJ really appreciate their newfound freedoms? More to the point: how hard will they fight to keep them? Will they attend a rallies in their new home state? Join local 2A org(s)? Donate time/money to 2A causes? Write letters to the editor? Call local politicians? Participate in election activities (canvassing, etc.)

We do, here in Florida. Because we know how easily FL can become just like the PRNJ, especially with so many of them moving down here. Already, there's a ballot initiative to ban "Assault" style weapons.  We are fighting that vigorously!   We raise noise down here. And we have a strong state org in Florida Carry.... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm going to run the risk of sounding like Miss Bossy Britches (eh, so what's new, right? LOL)… but I'd like to say that each time I see one of these "leaving NJ" threads, I wonder: Just how much do the gun owners that leave NJ really appreciate their newfound freedoms? More to the point: how hard will they fight to keep them? Will they attend a rallies in their new home state? Join local 2A org(s)? Donate time/money to 2A causes? Write letters to the editor? Call local politicians? Participate in election activities (canvassing, etc.)?

A lot of NJ folks have grown apathetic due to the daunting "numbers" in NJ. But, I think it's critically important for everyone who leaves - particularly if they have been apathetic - to not allow that apathy to follow them to the next location. Every gun owner who leaves this state is a potential 2A Ambassador with a unique first-hand knowledge of just how overbearing, tyrannical and freedom-stripping a state government can actually get! You should make it your mission to spread that warning to anyone who'll listen! I hope you'll not ONLY vote, but that you'll either be active in local politics, or be active with local 2A groups - or both - and that you'll get engaged as soon as you move - if not ahead of time! Do NOT get a sense of false security. It would be too easy to get distracted with your shiny new toys - your bigger mags, maybe a new silencer or two... but that would be incredibly short-sighted.

This country is undergoing cultural upheaval right now. Make no mistake, there is a mighty wave building of people who are well-organized, well-funded, but also fundamentally ignorant of history, and not afraid to push out misleading statistics... and they are working very diligently to dismiss and disparage the inherent brilliance of the Bill of Rights... and to strip away them away from ALL of us.  You should fight EVEN HARDER when you get to your new state IMO. I sincerely hope you give that some thought! (Oh, and of course, you should be fighting while you're still here, too! Do I even need to say that?)

Anyway, not trying to hijack the thread... it's just something I really hope you all consider carefully if you've moved recently or are in the planning phase! I hear so much on here from the escapees about - "ooo, I love it here... I bought this new toy!... or I joined this great range". What I don't see is a lot of people reporting on what they're doing to KEEP their new state as free as possible. That worries me! Stay vigilant, no matter where you are.

Ms Bossy B - I set up a table at a gun show and do voter registration.  Does that work for ya?  Our gun club has a "legistrative  liason", Does that work for ya?  My SMSgt Is VP of "Engagetheright.com".  How does that work for ya?

- NEVER AGAIN-

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Downtownv said:

SAT SCORES

JP STEVENS HIGH SCHOOL

Metuchen High school

How does this prove that PA has a better school system than NJ? 

52 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I took a coworker shooting last week and now later today I'm taking him to my local gun shop to guide him in buying his first gun. A mossberg 500

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

We do, here in Florida. Because we know how easily FL can become just like the PRNJ, especially with so many of them moving down here. Already, there's a ballot initiative to ban "Assault" style weapons.  We are fighting that vigorously!   We raise noise down here. And we have a strong state org in Florida Carry.... 

Love it!

8 minutes ago, Old School said:

Ms Bossy B - I set up a table at a gun show and do voter registration.  Does that work for ya?  Our gun club has a "legistrative  liason", Does that work for ya?  My SMSgt Is VP of "Engagetheright.com".  How does that work for ya?

- NEVER AGAIN-

Love it!

3 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I took a coworker shooting last week and now later today I'm taking him to my local gun shop to guide him in buying his first gun. A mossberg 500

Aaaaand... love it!!

:girldance:

19 minutes ago, fishnut said:

How does this prove that PA has a better school system than NJ? 

Never said anything of the sort.

My point was to say NJ schools, in itself, were not reason enough to not leave NJ.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

... I wonder: Just how much do the gun owners that leave NJ really appreciate their newfound freedoms? More to the point: how hard will they fight to keep them?...

It's a lot easier to fight for something you have and are about to lose than to fight for something you never had.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Make no mistake, there is a mighty wave building of people who are well-organized, well-funded, but also fundamentally ignorant of history, ...

You are  very mistaken; they are keenly aware of history. Because they don't like it, they are in the process of erasing it and rewriting. Toppling statues, canceling historical figures and events, even the fucking Apollo 11 program is under attack for not having been woke enough.

Never said anything of the sort.

My point was to say NJ schools, in itself, were not reason enough to not leave NJ.

18 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Does anyone really believe the schools in PA are not as good as NJ?

Your being sold the NJEA Bullsh!t...

Uh yeah ya did