W2MC

We are leaving.....

43 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Nobody... absolutely no one has a scrapple egg n cheese on a kaiser in pa. It’s a PEC SPK

No one knows what porkroll in western PA but everyone knows what scrapple is. 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:46 PM, fishnut said:

How does this prove that PA has a better school system than NJ? 

From my own personal experience, granted it’s with only a handful of “nj blue ribbon districts”, the reality was far from those published numbers, to the point I trust those marketing lists as much as the great trip advisor reviews of domin-republic.  

No hard proof from me, just my actual observations of low threshold tests,  statistical wizardry,  and lots of private tutoring and Kaplan classes. 

Like many other things in nj, I too was fooled, you need to look behind the curtain 

• Agree 1

On 7/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm going to run the risk of sounding like Miss Bossy Britches (eh, so what's new, right? LOL)… but I'd like to say that each time I see one of these "leaving NJ" threads, I wonder: Just how much do the gun owners that leave NJ really appreciate their newfound freedoms? A lot! More to the point: how hard will they fight to keep them? As hard or harder than here. There are a lot more like me in PA than in NJ. Will they attend a rallies in their new home state? Been to Harrisburg annual 2A twice already. The next time I'll be open carrying a pistol, and maybe an AR-15 since I now have my LTCF and am not subject to Wolf's 'state of emergency' crap! Join local 2A org(s)? Yes, in PA and NJ. Donate time/money to 2A causes? Yes, in PA and NJ. Write letters to the editor? Yes. Call local politicians? Already did, many times. Participate in election activities (canvassing, etc.)? Can't vote in PA, still registered in NJ. (Unless I turn Democrat, then I'll vote in both.)

I'm fully aware PA is almost just as much at risk as NJ. No slacking off planned.

Mr. Free in PA, over and out.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, HBecwithFn7 said:

We do, here in Florida. Because we know how easily FL can become just like the PRNJ, especially with so many of them moving down here. Already, there's a ballot initiative to ban "Assault" style weapons.  We are fighting that vigorously!   We raise noise down here. And we have a strong state org in Florida Carry.... 

Apparently that FL ban is on a lot more than assault style weapons. How about all semi-auto rifles?

There's a link to the AG's letter.

"The ballot title and summary do not inform Florida's electorate that, by defining ‘assault weapons' as ‘any semiautomatic rifle or shotgun capable of holding more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition . . . in a fixed or detachable magazine,' the amendment would ban the possession of virtually every semi-automatic long-gun," Moody said in the letter. 

17 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Apparently that FL ban is on a lot more than assault style weapons. How about all semi-auto rifles?

There's a link to the AG's letter.

"The ballot title and summary do not inform Florida's electorate that, by defining ‘assault weapons' as ‘any semiautomatic rifle or shotgun capable of holding more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition . . . in a fixed or detachable magazine,' the amendment would ban the possession of virtually every semi-automatic long-gun," Moody said in the letter. 

And, thank goodness she's on the side of quashing it... :imsohappy:

My aunt and uncle and brood had a vacation house in Hemlock Farms back in the 80s.  Many fond memories of going up there for a day trip and getting to ride their dirtbikes and mopeds all over the place...and shooting a BB gun from the back deck into the woods.  I think they had around 10 acres of woods, but there were no markers, so nobody knew for sure.  :)

At some point, they sold it and got a place a few blocks away from Barneget Light on LBI.  Nice digs but no more of the do whateveryou want kind of environment.

Lucky you. We're here because my son-in-law's job is here which means our daughter and her family are here.  If he got transferred or got a different job elsewhere we would be out of here in an instant, never to look back. I grew up here but it was certainly different many years ago. It was convenient to NYC with its attractions but without the assholism. Apparently, the twatwaffles who ruined NYC moved here to escape their stupidity then proceded to do exactly the same thing here. It's genetic and cultural so you know who I mean, but I'll leave it unsaid so I don't get banned.

• Like 1