Underdog

The Dark Side 43X and 48

Glock has taken forever to release these single stacks and they are most likely out now because it continues to lose Market shares.  My impression is that the new Glocks are poor in fit and finish and ly disappointingly have only been offered with the silver slides, which although might have some fans, really aren't what a majority of the customers would have wanted.   Still not making the numbers they are finally coming out with black versions this month   Well I am not buying.   I would have liked a 43X or a 48,  but I have not been happy with Glock's  business model and its seeming disregard for its striker-fired  public.  The Elephant in the room needs to do more for its customers.

I guess the same could be said for Smith that took almost a decade to release M&Ps that were G19-sized and had better triggers with audible resets. 

I don't, I like the black, but more importantly I like choice.  I would imagine that with a poll, most people would choose the black over the silver, especially for a CCW-type carry handgun when released.  It would seem to me that Glock released the silver ones so that it could get an influx of black orders sold once they were released?  Unless Glock did a poll and asked buyers which they preferred, I cannot otherwise see why they would have taken this route, UNLESS the silver is cheaper to put on guns...   Maybe they calculated that many would buy a second and both and/or create a secondary market for the initial silver slides....

Heh, did not see this huge split down the middle on the Black vs Silver.

Can't wait to get them on Monday, will have to do a side by side.

I will say, I do think the two tone is sexy... but, I would be taking the black one home. 

• Like 1

I like both color schemes. 

I have the silver G48 and I issue it to my guys in plainclothes units in addition to the standard Gen 5 G17 MOS everyone has. I could have gotten the black, but we would have had to wait a few more months, and I didn’t feel like waiting as the rest of the logistics for issuing new guns was ready and scheduled.

The two tone has grown on me - but I have had a silver and black Kahr PM9 since 2005.

A single stack 9mm like the G48 has been on the Glock Fanboy wishlist for years. But I guess you can’t make everyone happy...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

A single stack 9mm like the G48 has been on the Glock Fanboy wishlist for years. But I guess you can’t make everyone happy...

Not until makes that Glock 1911.... THAT should have been the Glock 45. hehe.

23 hours ago, SW9racer said:

They should have made the mags compatible with the base 43.  I use the pierce +1, but a factory 10 with a sleeve would be nicer. At least the slides are interchangeable. 

I think that they made a mistake, and for some unknown reason the mags HAD to be changed to accomplish what they wanted to do with the 43X and 48.  They wanted to nip it in the bud as soon as possible , even though there were tons of regular 43s sold.  Going forward, Glock should try and release a new version of the 43 with NEW 43 mags and that will allow for the shorter mags AND the larger ones for the 43X.  That would leave the people in the older 43 camp at a complete loss, but progress rolls.  That way new buyers would be able to choose either the 43X or shorter 43SX and have versatility of both mags with the 43SX.  

I still think Glock made a poor decision in releasing the silver first.  Maybe they were trying to add a little style?  They should have had a choice from the beginning (in my opinion).  Myself and others would have waited until the black ones came out.  AND Glock didn't really give ANY indication that the black ones were coming out.  

I would have a tough time deciding whether or not I wanted the 43X or 48 if I could have just one.  I would imagine that the 48 would be more fun to shoot, although reviewers have said otherwise.  Obviously the 43X would be easier to conceal (and more comfortable with Appendix carry for sure).  After handling a 48 I really like the feel and ergonomics of the Shield much better, especially the 2.0 Shield.  With an Apex Trigger the Glock doesn't have that much appeal to me.  If a "43SX" was ever released that would allow for both mag sizes, that would be interesting for CCW.  

So, in the crummy state RepubliK, how many of you would have opted for a 48 over a 19 due to the 10 round mag limitation if you were buying new and for the first time (I know there is a place for both)?

I really would not have ever bought the silver slide version.  Reminds me too much of a Kahr.  

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/07/14/glock-1911/

Never liked glock. The sight picture, the “blocky-ness,” the company. Sure it’s reliable but if that’s your only claim to fame meh.

I just tell people to bite the bullet (heh) and spend a bit more money on Sig or FN (Or CZ). They just feel better and IMO shoot better as well

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

....  That would leave the people in the older 43 camp at a complete loss, but progress rolls.  That way new buyers would be able to choose either the 43X or shorter 43SX and have versatility of both mags with the 43SX.  

It would seem that the original g43 adopters are left in the cold. So progress for me was dropping glock in favor of a P365. Even with the new p365 models, the features are all backwards compatible: slides, grips, even the new factory 15 round mags fit.  Was there a substantial fallout from glock over this?  I only know of 1.

3 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

It would seem that the original g43 adopters are left in the cold. So progress for me was dropping glock in favor of a P365. Even with the new p365 models, the features are all backwards compatible: slides, grips, even the new factory 15 round mags fit.  Was there a substantial fallout from glock over this?  I only know of 1.

*rubs hands maniacally*

yessss - come to the Sig side... feel it course through youuu 

Naaaah.  M&P.  Best value for the money.   3.6" or 4.0" in a 2.0 Compact?  That is the question, forget about the Glocks...   OR the 2.0 Shield.  Maybe there will be a 2.0 EZ Compact in 9mm...

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Naaaah.  M&P.  Best value for the money. 

I am an owner of 5+ glocks including the g48, and I agree that the new 2.0 series is amazing. 

The 2.0 compact is my favorite polymer pistol

put some night sites on it and it blows the Glock 19 out of the water imo

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

I am an owner of 5+ glocks including the g48, and I agree that the new 2.0 series is amazing. 

put some night sites on it blows the Glock 19 out of the water imo

Oh shit forgot about the 2.0 — yeah I like that too. Essentially anything that isn’t a 1911 (cue the angry responses haha) or a glock

37 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

put some night sites on it blows the Glock 19 out of the water imo

That’s like 1/2 of 1/2 of @blksheep hoarding affliction.

I solved the problem of 43x vs 48, because i wanted both for different reasons. I bought the 43x and then picked up a complete 48 slide on Gunbroker. I then modified both by changing out the springs  for a better trigger pull, added Ameriglo sights on both slides and just ordered the Overwatch  flat face polymer Dat trigger that I run in my G-19 for the receiver

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Ooooooooo! Nice.

Wait ‘til next October when the version with the light rail comes out.

hehe.

I will say, playing with them, I don't think it should be an either or choice between the 43x and 48.

I think the 43X is a GREAT carry gun.  10 rounds with a nice sized grip and compact slide.

The 48 is a really nice single stack 19.  I can see it being a good gun for women and people with smaller grips/frames  OR as a good carry gun for bigger guys who can more easily conceal it.

Also got the 45 MOS.... really cool gun.

I will say though, for some reason, the trigger on the 43X that I got... is nicer than the 48.  Will measure them soon... but it really felt different.

14 hours ago, Maksim said:

hehe.

I will say, playing with them, I don't think it should be an either or choice between the 43x and 48.

I think the 43X is a GREAT carry gun.  10 rounds with a nice sized grip and compact slide.

The 48 is a really nice single stack 19.  I can see it being a good gun for women and people with smaller grips/frames  OR as a good carry gun for bigger guys who can more easily conceal it.

Also got the 45 MOS.... really cool gun.

I will say though, for some reason, the trigger on the 43X that I got... is nicer than the 48.  Will measure them soon... but it really felt different.

I think the 43 Trigger is nicer as well, and for me the 43 seems to be more accurate on the renditions that I got to try.