djg0770

List of Online Gun related Retailers

Sorry.. I know what is legal and what is not. I should have clarified.

It was a Mossberg 500 Just in Case Model. A pump. 5+1. 18.5inch barrel. Nothing illegal about it.

The guy got rude and then said, "We had some incidents, and we are not going to send them to NJ, just like we don't send Glocks to Maryland, even if they are legal there"..

Well that's fine bud, but I'm not sending my cash to you ever again, even if it is legal.

I will vouch for aim surplus. They are extremely reliable, fast (before the Obama effect), and great people to do business with.

I agree. Aim Surplus is top notch. 99% of my ammo comes from them and gets here in only 2 days. Great ammo prices for what I get.

I can vouch for Ron at http://www.legacyfirearms.com/

As long as you know what you want, he'll give great price. He has a lot in stock, and could also order anything you want. Works out of his home in Wall Twp.

I bought my new Mark III 22/45 from him last month for $270 +tax/NICS. He called Ruger to place the order, and called me a couple days later to pick it up. Also has a bunch of ammo for sale.

Another plus for Ron @ Legacy Firearms in Wall. Have dealt with him a lot, wish he was closer to my house! I told him to get on this site, he said he has enough business right now, needs more spare time to go shooting! He has at least 200 rifles/handguns in stock, some new, most used, some real collector stuff too. Check his website, everything is listed on it. He has beat Buds prices everytime I have ordered something from him.

If you're looking for an AR type weapon, these guys are great.

Bought my Daniel Defense M4V5 from them. They did the modifications to make it NJ compliant as well.

Got mine for a great price.

www.rainierarms.com

Got my ACOG TA33 from Grant @

www.gandrtactical.com

Also for a great price.

Ordered a few times form J&G. Always a good experience and their prices are good too.

http://www.jgsales.com/

Ordered from Classic Arms as well - good prices and good people.

http://www.classicarms.us/

i can also vouch for classicarms.us

bought my wasr-10 from there a couple years ago for $299, which was a great price

also bought ammo from them multiple times without any hassle

www.cdnninvestments.com is another good site. bought a couple guns from them. they have good prices and ship quick.

How many of the online places ask for NJ FID and/or NJ Driver's licenses before they ship to NJ?

Lspooner: assuming you're gathering opposition information, the answer is the majority. It's a voluntary safety measure they take. Very strict states, such as Illinois require it. They don't ban online sales (like NJ is trying to do) because they realize that such a law would interfere with interstate commerce so would likely be struck down in court.

Please note that S2723, by eliminating a visible FID, will make it impossible for retailers to perform this voluntary security check and thus will INCREASE the chance of ammunition falling into the wrong hands. Silly and utterly avoidable by just making a separate FID to allow responsible gun owners to check that they're not associating with or selling to an ineligible individuals. One other example: my hunting club requires each member to have a valid FID card as a surrogate background check. It's a "sensible gun safety measure."

Please encourage your side to remedy this unintended consequence. And if the underlying plan is to ban online sales altogether, very smart people in very restrictive states have already realized it won't work. The choice isn't between no online sales and safe online sales. It's between safe online sales and unsafe online sales.

Hope you agree with this assessment. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

There is no issue with a pistol grip pump shotgun though and he didn't specify which he was ordering. I have found that problem as well as others with sites that don't want to deal with all of our lovely laws in NJ. Midway will not ship pistol ammo to NJ even though I can order it on many other sites without an issue as long as I send a copy of DL and FID. I do give Midway the thumbs up though as they are great and do ship fast with many other things, parts etc. Brownell's is excellent for parts and gunsmithing tools as well. I like LuckyGunner for ammo too, great customer service, fast shipping, and decent prices. Ammo to Go is good as well. Try PK Firearms too (pkfirearms.com) excellent prices on AR stuff, uppers, lowers, parts, complete rifles and handguns too.

Please note that S2723, by eliminating a visible FID, will make it impossible for retailers to perform this voluntary security check and thus will INCREASE the chance of ammunition falling into the wrong hands.

Your assessment is not entirely correct. 

The proposal allows for TWO methods to create a new FPID.

1. (New section) a. As used in this act, “firearms purchaser
7 identifier” shall mean either:
8  (1) A driver’s license issued to a resident of this State pursuant
9  to R.S.39:3-10, a probationary driver’s license issued to a resident
10 of this State pursuant to section 4 of P.L.1950, c.127 (C.39:3-13.4),
11 or, in the case of a person who is not the holder of such a driver’s
12 license or probationary driver’s license, an identification card
13 issued to a resident of this State pursuant to the “Identification
14 Cards for Nondrivers’ Act,” P.L.1980, c.347 (C.39:3-29.2 et seq.)
15 embedded with information affirming that the holder is qualified
16 and eligible to purchase a rifle, shotgun, or handgun; or
17 (2) A secure firearms purchaser identification card displaying a
18 digitalized color picture of the holder. The card shall be of a form
19 and design, and display such information as the superintendent shall
20 deem appropriate, and shall be embedded with information
21 affirming that the holder is qualified and eligible to purchase a rifle,
22 shotgun, or handgun.

Has anyone had any experience with https://www.iammo.com ? They have a nice online selection of pre-owned firearms (most seem to be leo trade-ins). Interested in picking up one of their S&W 3rd gen pistols, but wanted to get some feedback before I send them my card info.